Skullsnaps - Value?

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

45 is UK only (Isn't it? memory failing me badly here) and the last time i saw one it was around £40, the album has been around the £100 mark for years hasn't it i seem to recall a few knocking about at a recent prestwich and they were slightly cheaper but due to condition i think. The album was also reissued a couple of times i think

Social source share

45 is UK only (Isn't it? memory failing me badly here)

"My Hang Up Is You" was issued as a 45 in the US as GSF 6891 with "It's A New Day" on the flip.

"I'm Your Pimp" however was never oficially issued on a US GSF 45. The short/long version 45s that are around of "IYP" are all bootlegs.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

So was Ujima, Bobby Reed, Jimmy Bo Horne, We the Peehole, Mandrill, and 100's more Mick but then a young un like yerself would know that ;o))

John

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

SKULL SNAPS VALUE-£5 IN 8Os.

And your point is?huh.gif

You could have filled your boots with Google shares at $100 each all day long on the day they were issued and sold them for $125 two days later, but it doesn't do you much good being told that today, now does it?headbonk.gif

Sorry Mick, but I just get a bit fed up with the "five pound back in the day" brigade.

Social source share

Guest micksmith

And your point is?huh.gif

You could have filled your boots with Google shares at $100 each all day long on the day they were issued and sold them for $125 two days later, but it doesn't do you much good being told that today, now does it?headbonk.gif

Sorry Mick, but I just get a bit fed up with the "five pound back in the day" brigade.

OK LETS BE GENEROUS-£20 FOR US. £30 FOR UK.

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

"Didn't I do it to you" is my favourite Skullsnaps 45, followed by "I'm Your pimp." Did "Pimp" come out on an orig 45 or was it just on the boot flip of "Hang up"?

Jordi

Just as boot, "i'm your pimp" is lp only... still love that one...

best

Leo

Social source share

• 4 years later...

US copy of 'My Hang Up Is You' is anything from £50 - £75. It's in demand on the rare groove / funk scene for the B side - 'It's A New Day'

As far as I'm aware it's never been confirmed if 'I'm Your Pimp' got an official release - it was given a release number by GSF but copies have not turned up.

Agree with Jordi - 'Didn't I Do It For You' is the best release - definitely for today's scene

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!