Solid Hit Soul - 12-8-2011

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Now that was good.....The Willinghams doing an extended session at the wheels.... Numbers down a bit but I guess that is the holiday season effect. Thanks Dave Greenhill, Des Parker, Stuart Tyler and Shane Cox....

Where's Wilxy ? You give a bloke a job & he hasn't turned up ? :sleep3::lol:

Always a great night when Carl & Maria are in Town! Slow start but certainly picked up later on. Willinghams extended session ? Shane Cox came to me & said "look we don't see Carl & Maria that much, they're playing such a great spot (the floor was rammed) I'd be happy to give up my spot & let them carry on playing" So a quick word with Maria who was very happy to keep on playing & hey presto almost 2 hours of Carl & Maria.

Well done Shane, :thumbsup: don't think there's too many out there that would volunteer to give up their spot, especially when you've got a box of records as good as Shanes!

Thanks to C&M for coming down & entertaining us yet again, 2 hours of the most brilliant music & of course for the CD they provided. I think everyone would have got a copy as I ran off 70+ (apologies for those who had B/W inserts, I ran out of colour ones as I was only intending to run off 50cds) Thanks to ex Solid Hit DJ Martin Thomson for designing the insert again.

October 21st next Solid Hit look forward to seeing you all again, thanks for your continued support, we do appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Dave

Another top night - Carl and Maria in particualr played brilliant tune after brilliant tune, that blew me away.

Thanks to Dave, Des, Shane and Carl and Maria for top entertainment all night.

Nice and friendly atmoshphere all night.

Bought another newbie with me, now a convert!

Cheers,

Dave

Just arisen from my slumbers after a superb night as always at Solid Hit , :yes: (and an unprecedented tour of the South coast en-route back to Gloucestershire) The Shooting Star at Shoreditch surpassed even my expectations last night with the resident SHS crew supplying the usual array of quality tunage topped off with a stunning set by Carl & Maria Willingham.......Absolutely awesome night out and I eagerly await the next instalment in October :thumbup:

Cheers wilxy :hatsoff2:

Guest CapitolSC

Back in Guernsey now reminiscing of what a superb night SHS was, oh yes :yes:, the most friendly crowd you could meet, DJ's with their own unique sytle of top tunes, my lovely friends that always attend if they can and the best music you can hear at a club in my opinion.

:hatsoff2: to Shane indeed for giving up his spot, which would have been also amazing, and as Dave said not many a DJ would do that, top guy :thumbsup:, so Carl and Maria played 2 hours of quality tunes, yes we were spolit for 2 hours, wish it had been longer!! Numbers were a little down, a shame that those that missed out, because you really did miss out :D. Thank you too Carl and Maria for playing Patrinell Staten - Little Love Affair for me as well as the Little Carl C/U!

Also so great to see Phil, Daniele, Patrick, Francis, (Irish) Greg, Liam and Dave the next day, Dave we do miss you :(

Right off to play the CD now, until next time. :thumbup::wave: sxx

Back in Guernsey now reminiscing of what a superb night SHS was, oh yes :yes:, the most friendly crowd you could meet, DJ's with their own unique sytle of top tunes, my lovely friends that always attend if they can and the best music you can hear at a club in my opinion.

:hatsoff2: to Shane indeed for giving up his spot, which would have been also amazing, and as Dave said not many a DJ would do that, top guy :thumbsup:, so Carl and Maria played 2 hours of quality tunes, yes we were spolit for 2 hours, wish it had been longer!! Numbers were a little down, a shame that those that missed out, because you really did miss out :D. Thank you too Carl and Maria for playing Patrinell Staten - Little Love Affair for me as well as the Little Carl C/U!

Also so great to see Phil, Daniele, Patrick, Francis, (Irish) Greg, Liam and Dave the next day, Dave we do miss you :(

Right off to play the CD now, until next time. :thumbup::wave: sxx

Great to see you both in our old Greenwich haunt where we used to spend happy drunken sunday afternoons, evenings & on into the night. Happy days my friends you are missed :thumbsup::( XXX

Hi Dave, it was certainly worth the trip over to SHS on Friday night for us. We really enjoyed a great mix of 6ts Soul with plenty 'new to me' of which a fair few were real crackers, that I wouldn't mind having in my collection! Great venue, easy to find and plenty of dance floor action. We really enjoyed what Stuart played in particular - nice one Stuart. Had to slip out at 12 midnight so not to miss last train home! Good to see Maria and Carl working together behind the decks.Thanks also for the CD. We will definately be back for next one. Well done Dave and Co. Cheers, Ray

Edited by Raym

Hi Dave, it was certainly worth the trip over to SHS on Friday night for us. We really enjoyed a great mix of 6ts Soul with plenty 'new to me' of which a fair few were real crackers, that I wouldn't mind having in my collection! Great venue, easy to find and plenty of dance floor action. We really enjoyed what Stuart played in particular - nice one Stuart. Had to slip out at 12 midnight so not to miss last train home! Good to see Maria and Carl working together behind the decks.Thanks also for the CD. We will definately be back for next one. Well done Dave and Co. Cheers, Ray

Hello Ray, Glad you enjoyed it mate see you 21st October all best Dave