Whats Your Signature Tune & Why?

Soulsmith

Whats your signature tune & why?

Mine is currently Martha Reeves - No One There. I always play it during my set. The reason for this is that the few DJ spots I get are right at the beginning of the night & there really is no one there! Well it amuses me no end.

Lyrically its got to be Bobby Womack - Home Is Where The Heart Is. That record just lifts me and takes me to another level.

Col.

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Not had it long enough to be a signature tune and I dont DJ so I havent got a set but if I did it would be in there, Just sums up life for me , All work and no play, Mortgage, bills, kids,

" Just got to be free ' One day maybe :thumbsup:

Social source share

Not had it long enough to be a signature tune and I dont DJ so I havent got a set but if I did it would be in there, Just sums up life for me , All work and no play, Mortgage, bills, kids,

" Just got to be free ' One day maybe :thumbsup:

I can relate to that too.

An older signature tune for me would have been Greg Perry - It Takes Heart,

which meant a lot to me when I was younger.

Now its just been done to death!

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Pete, I do believe you played that at Llandudno :lol: twas lovely..........Mine's THE DELLS - Make Sure........making way for the next act coming on and making sure you've got someone who loves you.........hmm, one out of two ain't bad :D:D:D Jo

No, the only record I play without fail at every single do I've ever done is Monique - If You Love Me.

Social source share

Whats your signature tune & why?

Mine is currently Martha Reeves - No One There. I always play it during my set. The reason for this is that the few DJ spots I get are right at the beginning of the night & there really is no one there! Well it amuses me no end.

Lyrically its got to be Bobby Womack - Home Is Where The Heart Is. That record just lifts me and takes me to another level.

Col.

Hope I haven't got one. Though somone may well post now to point out something I play too often. I absolutely love the Chandlers YLMML when it comes as a suprise out of the blue. But as Pat Brady's signiture tune I'm kinda always expecting it from him so the hairs on the back of my neck don't stand up like they do when I hear it out of the blue. Same used to go for Levine with the Charades KTMH something I've noticed and make a conscious effort to avoid in my sets. Having said that I aspire to being half as good a DJ as Pat Brady wink.gif

Social source share

Hope I haven't got one. Though somone may well post now to point out something I play too often. I absolutely love the Chandlers YLMML when it comes as a suprise out of the blue. But as Pat Brady's signiture tune I'm kinda always expecting it from him so the hairs on the back of my neck don't stand up like they do when I hear it out of the blue. Same used to go for Levine with the Charades KTMH something I've noticed and make a conscious effort to avoid in my sets. Having said that I aspire to being half as good a DJ as Pat Brady :shades:

Well you're writing style in much better than Pat Bradys.

When he used to write for Echoes his column was as dull as dishwater!

Social source share

Mine are 60's Freddie houston - If I had known

Modern: Sidney Joe Quails- Where the lilies grow

Cant keep em off the decks at the friendship

Geeooooordie

Been playing Sidney Joe Quails Where the lilies grow Dakar 7" For a few years down our way, Top Tune.

But my must play is Seven Souls I Still love You Okeh Issue.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!