Supercorsa

• Replies 29
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Brett F

so were thos white labels just boots then?

Only official release is the CD Ernie, make of that what you will.... :g:

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

Guest Brett F

This is an official re-edit...and on vinyl, if you actually follow all soul music from way back when to the present day, you would hear and find things like these..................Then again i do attend modern soul events as well as 60's rare soul nights... :wicked:

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

Guest Brett F

I think the Funk Bros are brilliant on this track, what do other's think, cheers Jim.

I think the Funk brothers are brilliant full stop, i saw them when they travelled here and performed in London in early 2004, although only 6 out of the 13 original members were there (still living ), a very memorable evening with the fantastic session singer Carla Benson just blowing me away.

Ps..I imagine its the Funk Bros. on this track, but i wouldn't know ?

Social source share

Guest DeeJay

This is an official re-edit...and on vinyl, if you actually follow all soul music from way back when to the present day, you would hear and find things like these..................Then again i do attend modern soul events as well as 60's rare soul nights... :wicked:

Where would purchase such a chunky piece of choonage, and how much dosh has to be parted with?

DJ

Social source share

Hi Brett,

When you say an official re-edit, do you mean one approved by Motown ? Just puzzled why it isn't on a Motown label ?

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Hi Brett,

When you say an official re-edit, do you mean one approved by Motown ? Just puzzled why it isn't on a Motown label ?

Hi Dave , trust you're well, i honestly don't know, who does with all these re-edits, i just noticed them for sale when i was at the EMS weekend, they are openly available via the web, then again weren't the white label 7"s too ?. My point really was this is a re-mix and it's out there on a 7 inch single and its slightly different from the original.....but not much...........I'm not playing devil's advocate, just showing what's out there. I always thought that anyone trying to release Motown related material without the approval of that body, would be in for some fun and games with their lawyers !!

Ps...I always prefer the original cut, but i do admit to liking this too. (but it's virtually the same !! :wicked: )

Atb Brett

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

The Kat45 doesn't even credit Motown which if under licence you would think it would do so, it's a boot as far as I know, albeit a good one. It says "Pirate Soul" in the YT write up.

Info from "Don't Forget The Motor City"......

Stormy (Buddy Buie-James Cobb) publ. Low-Sal

The Supremes; recorded Hitsville-GW / L.A., completed before 28-Feb-69 ; produced by Henry Cosby

[rel date unknown] [acetate]; 45 (M): [no catalogue number]
Jul-87; CD (S): Motown MCDO 9075 MD
The Never-Before-Released Masters
29-Aug-00; CD (S): Motown 159 415 2
The Supremes
28-Jun-01; CD (S): Spectrum 556 827 2
Northern Soul Connoisseurs
[uK]
Social source share

Guest Brett F
:D ..Hi Ken, i don't mind that re-edit ( not a lot of difference really ), but there is only one version for me and that's the Supremes, though i also have and do like O.C. Smiths version and the Classic IV. But that Psychos 45' is horrendous, first time i've heard that and hopefully the last..
Social source share

:D ..Hi Ken, i don't mind that re-edit ( not a lot of difference really ), but there is only one version for me and that's the Supremes, though i also have and do like O.C. Smiths version and the Classic IV. But that Psychos 45' is horrendous, first time i've heard that and hopefully the last..

:D Try J Davidson not the worst i have heard what is now "the psycho's", somewhere between O C and Billy Ecksine (stax) i believe is Tony Rounce's favourite take.

Edited by ken
Social source share

The Kat45 doesn't even credit Motown which if under licence you would think it would do so, it's a boot as far as I know, albeit a good one. It says "Pirate Soul" in the YT write up.

Info from "Don't Forget The Motor City"......

Stormy (Buddy Buie-James Cobb) publ. Low-Sal

The Supremes; recorded Hitsville-GW / L.A., completed before 28-Feb-69 ; produced by Henry Cosby

[rel date unknown] [acetate]; 45 (M): [no catalogue number]
Jul-87; CD (S): Motown MCDO 9075 MD
The Never-Before-Released Masters
29-Aug-00; CD (S): Motown 159 415 2
The Supremes
28-Jun-01; CD (S): Spectrum 556 827 2
Northern Soul Connoisseurs
[uK]

The versions on the 2 Motown CDs are different mixes, obviously very very similar, but technically still different

Andy

Edited by AndyRix
Social source share

• 2 months later...

Just to revive this thread, and get a clearer answer..........

Obviously, Supremes (best version IMO) is CD only in terms of an official format. SO - Given that's the only way you should be playing it, and that polaying CD's is a big no no, then what are people's views on purchasing the CD and getting a carver from said purchase in order to play out?

I like that re-edit Brett posted, and seems like a way to own this song and play it on vinyl, but if it's an unofficial release without the rights, would the option ive just mentioned be more plausible?

OR do we just accept that politics of our scene prevent such a record being played out?

Social source share

Just to revive this thread, and get a clearer answer..........

Obviously, Supremes (best version IMO) is CD only in terms of an official format. SO - Given that's the only way you should be playing it, and that polaying CD's is a big no no, then what are people's views on purchasing the CD and getting a carver from said purchase in order to play out?

I like that re-edit Brett posted, and seems like a way to own this song and play it on vinyl, but if it's an unofficial release without the rights, would the option ive just mentioned be more plausible?

OR do we just accept that politics of our scene prevent such a record being played out?

Why do you wanna' buy my CD ? :P

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!