If It's All The Same To You Babe/exus Trek - Hib Multi Coloured Vinyl

Neil Rushton

This will be in stock Tuesday.

If It's All The Same To You Babe - Luther Ingram

b/w Exus Trek - Luther Ingram Orchstra

By arrangment with Robert Bateman, UK release on lookalike of his H.I.B label via Inferno

150 only - all individually numbered from 1 to 150 - multi-coloured vinyl - Auditon Copy - solid centre - £20

& regular release, black vinyl, no solid cenre - £10

or the two for £25

Add Postage & Packing (Ist class recorded) £2 Ist record, £1 each extra

PayPal payments to - sales@soulvation.biz

Robert Bateman talking about this all time Detroit classic: "I was the B in H.I.B and Luther Ingram was the I. The address on the label was my house. We recorded the track at Golden World using the Funk Brothers who moonlighted from Motown to do the session. I then took the tapes to New York where I went into the Mercury studios and added the strings. The orchestra was actually just two violinists who I overdubbed until I got the sound I wanted. I had learnt all about overdubbing from my time at Motown. I manufactured the records and right away got plays on radio stations in St. Louis where Luther had a following. I sold maybe 5,000 copies and then the distributor wanted me to commit to more, and I was concerned about the costs so he said no problem he would get someone to call me who could help. A few days later I got the phone call and it was from Jerry Wexler at Atlantic!. He cut me a nice deal including a good advance and Atlantic took over distribution, that's why the later copies have got Atco on them. I had earned from the records I sold, and also got an advance from Jerry so I was very happy, it certainly was no flop as far as I was concerned. Why did I make the record so fast? You think it's fast? I just wanted to come up with something that sounded similair to what The Four Tops were doing."."

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source