Darnall Horti Soul Club

What an absolutely brilliant night at the Horti, one of the best we've had :thumbup: . A great turnout of 70+ created a fabulous atmosphere :yes: . Many thanks to all who came along :thumbsup: . Stunning spots from our guests Paul Morrall and Tony Wiggan kept everyone happy - thanks very much lads for an excellent mix of tunes :hatsoff2: :hatsoff2: !

Playlists should be added soon.

All the best

Gary, John & Alan

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Have to agree with John an absoultely great night arrived there about 9pm and the music was bang on from the start didnt leave till 1am and it got better. Two superb spots from the guests made another unforgetable night, mindst i was driving so on d orange juice. Have to say though that must be one of the best nights at the hortie and nice to see a good crowd with plenty of dancers. Cant wait for next months installment it cant get much better just hope jammy pete jay dosent win the raffle again !!

All the best boys Tony

Have to agree with John an absoultely great night arrived there about 9pm and the music was bang on from the start didnt leave till 1am and it got better. Two superb spots from the guests made another unforgetable night, mindst i was driving so on d orange juice. Have to say though that must be one of the best nights at the hortie and nice to see a good crowd with plenty of dancers. Cant wait for next months installment it cant get much better just hope jammy pete jay dosent win the raffle again !!

All the best boys Tony

Thanks for the kind comments Tony, glad you enjoyed it mate :thumbsup: . Must admit, I'm still on the high from it, or is that just a hangover? :huh:

See you soon.

John

FOR US THIS WAS THE BEST NIGHT YET AT THE HORTI.

GREAT CROWD IN TO HEAR SOME AWESOME TUNES FROM SPECIAL GUESTS PAUL MORRALL & TONY WIGGAN ABLY SUPPORTED BY THE RESIDENTS.

WELL DONE GARY, JOHN & ALAN KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

PETE & AV

Edited by Pete Jay

I HAVE HAD SOME GREAT NIGHT'S AT THE HORTI BUT LAST FRIDAY NIGHT WAS THE BEST BY A LONG WAY. THE MUSIC WAS EXCELLENT FROM ALL DJ's JOHN - PAUL - TONY - AND ALAN ALL OF YOU LADS FIVE STAR'S EACH.

Eyup Tim (?), glad you enjoyed it mate, and thanks very much for the great comments. Sorry, Helen and I will miss you and Derek next month (we'll be propping up a bar and listening to loads of great tunes in Kefalonia), so have a good 'un and we'll see you soon.

ATB

John

FOR US THIS WAS THE BEST NIGHT YET AT THE HORTI.

GREAT CROWD IN TO HEAR SOME AWESOME TUNES FROM SPECIAL GUESTS PAUL MORRALL & TONY WIGGAN ABLY SUPPORTED BY THE RESIDENTS.

WELL DONE GARY, JOHN & ALAN KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

PETE & AV

Thanks guys. Must admit it felt a bit special. I'm still buzzing, and not just the ears! See you both soon

John

Edited by John Moffatt
Guest Soultyke

only my second visit to the Horti(thamks to Jean & Derek for the lift) but what a night to come with excellent music all night long. congratulations to everybody concerned amd I look forward to my next visit

cheers

Jez

Finally, here's most of my playlist, not in any sort of order:

Southwind Symphony - Coming Home

David & Ruben - I Love Her So Much It Hurts

Sam Fletcher - Think It Over

Damita Jo - That Special Way

Showmen - Wrong Girl

Kenny Shepard - What Difference Does It Make

Brilliant Korners - Three Lonely Guys

Betty Everett - Unlucky Girl

Gene Chandler - I Won't Need You

Garland Green - Ain't That Good Enough

Channel 3 - The Sweetest Thing

Deon Jackson - That's What You Do To Me

J.J. Barnes - Just One More Time

Classic Sullivans - Shame, Shame, Shame

H.B. Barnum - It Hurts Too Much To Cry

Jimmy Castor - Just You Girl

Chessmen - Nothing But You

Epitome Of Sound - Where Were You

Continental 4 - The Way I Love You

David 'King' Thomas - If You're Looking For A Fool

Harry Deal & Galaxies - I Still Love You

Dynells - Call On Me

Embers - Watch Out Girl

Claude Huey - Feel Good All Over

Intrigues - I'm Gonna Love You

Rozetta Johnson - Mine Was Real

Ovations - Pretty Little Angel

Cheers

John

Edited by John Moffatt
Guest kolectem

TO BE LET LOOSE BEHIND THE DECKS, PLAYING TO A VERY FRIENDLY CROWD THATS SO OPEN MINDED AND ORGANISERS THAT ARE SO ENTHUSASTIC ABOUT THERE VENUE, WAS AN ABSOLUTE PLEASURE FOR ME. WE CAN,T MAKE THE NEXT ONE (KEFALONIA) BUT WE WILL CERTAINLY BE BACK IN OCT.. :hatsoff2: :hatsoff2:

now the hard bit remembering the playlist (not in order)

ZZ AND CO-GETTING READY FOR THE GET DOWN- COLUMBUS

BITTER AND THE SWEET-I WONT HAVE ANY BABIES FOR YOU- ANYTHING EVERYTHING

ANTHONY/IMPERIALS-IT,S NOT THE SAME- VEEP

CHARLIE MCOY-MY BABY,S BACK AGAIN- MONUMENT

DIANE PANE-WHAT SIDES YOUR BREAD BUTTERED ON- LOGO

JIMMY REED JR-I AINT GOING NOWHERE- MERCURY

MARION LOVE-CANT FORGET ABOUT YOU BABY- CAPITOL

MIDNIGHT- KEEP ON WALKING BY- ARIOLA

PERCY AND THEM-LOOK IN THE MIRROR OF MY EYES- ROULETTE

CLASSIC SULLIVANS-SHAME SHAME SHAME- MASTER KEY

TJ WILLIAMS-BABY I NEED YOU- JOSIE

JIVE FYVE-IF I HAD A CHANCE TO LOVE YOU- DECCA

SPIDELLS-PUSHED OUT OF THE PICTURE- CORAL

JOE HINTON-GOT YOU ON MY MIND- BACKBEAT

BROWN SUGAR-GAME IS OVER- CAPITOL

TAMS -THIS PRECIOUS MOMENT- SOUNDS SOUTH

BOBBY TAYLOR- JUST A LITTLE BIT CLOSER- MOWEST

thats all i can remember, if i got any wrong i do appollogise :wave: :wave:

TO BE LET LOOSE BEHIND THE DECKS, PLAYING TO A VERY FRIENDLY CROWD THATS SO OPEN MINDED AND ORGANISERS THAT ARE SO ENTHUSASTIC ABOUT THERE VENUE, WAS AN ABSOLUTE PLEASURE FOR ME. WE CAN,T MAKE THE NEXT ONE (KEFALONIA) BUT WE WILL CERTAINLY BE BACK IN OCT.. :hatsoff2: :hatsoff2: now the hard bit remembering the playlist (not in order) ZZ AND CO-GETTING READY FOR THE GET DOWN- COLUMBUS BITTER AND THE SWEET-I WONT HAVE ANY BABIES FOR YOU- ANYTHING EVERYTHING ANTHONY/IMPERIALS-IT,S NOT THE SAME- VEEP CHARLIE MCOY-MY BABY,S BACK AGAIN- MONUMENT DIANE PANE-WHAT SIDES YOUR BREAD BUTTERED ON- LOGO JIMMY REED JR-I AINT GOING NOWHERE- MERCURY MARION LOVE-CANT FORGET ABOUT YOU BABY- CAPITOL MIDNIGHT- KEEP ON WALKING BY- ARIOLA PERCY AND THEM-LOOK IN THE MIRROR OF MY EYES- ROULETTE CLASSIC SULLIVANS-SHAME SHAME SHAME- MASTER KEY TJ WILLIAMS-BABY I NEED YOU- JOSIE JIVE FYVE-IF I HAD A CHANCE TO LOVE YOU- DECCA SPIDELLS-PUSHED OUT OF THE PICTURE- CORAL JOE HINTON-GOT YOU ON MY MIND- BACKBEAT BROWN SUGAR-GAME IS OVER- CAPITOL TAMS -THIS PRECIOUS MOMENT- SOUNDS SOUTH BOBBY TAYLOR- JUST A LITTLE BIT CLOSER- MOWEST thats all i can remember, if i got any wrong i do appollogise :wave: :wave:

Great spot Paul. Thanks very much. See you in Kefalonia mate!

Source Advert