Wellingborough Alldayer

Guest kev such

Guest kev such

Considering this event started as Mr Bournes 50th celebration. The Wellingborough Alldayer IS CERTAINLY one of the most anticipated events on the Northern Soul Calender without a shadow of a doubt.

I arrived at 11am (ish) and got home about 1.30am this morning..

from the chill-out room upstairs, to the Studio Room to The Main Hall you could not say there wasnt my kind of tunes played ( not me saying that but in general I mean).

With the line up on offer and for only £6 you aint gonna go wrong.

Have to admit the feeling of standing on the stage and looking out onto a room packed to the gunnels all dancing, clapping, spinning etc... to a tune you've just put on the decks is AMAZING. Felt very priveledged to have been asked by kev to do the times I did, considering the calibre of DJ's.

I think just about every town, or county in the country was represented there yesterday.

Could go on for pages about the day and the people but if you were there you'd know how fricking good it was.

Top form Kev and Gloria, and I hope whomever won the Cream Cracker goodies in the raffle enjoys them.

Kind Regards

Kev ( dont do modern) Such and Karen.

Edited by kev such

Yes I wondered the same ... where is the castle?

Had an amazing day yesterday we spent 12 hours with no breaks in that place ! that has to be a record for me.

You had everything on offer musically , my fave room was the chill out room upstairs , being able to play some slower sounds that don't get aired normally and looking down on the crowd outside enjoying the sun and the food.

Although having said that I did enjoy playing the motown hour in the main room at midday .. taking us back to the school of 72 Move on up sounded awesome.

Only downside fro me was the bar , it took a little too long to get a drink , at one point we pinched Teds emergency supply:) we were so thirsty . Nige had a great idea to order my wine by the bottle in the afternoon :)

Lovely to see many faces that always makes this type of event so enjoyable they helped to carry us through 12 hours roaming from room to room.

Funniest moment was Derek telling us he was asked if he had the Stone Roses or Oasis , the guy that asked for them completely missunderstood the weekend .... well you are from Manchester he said .... lol ....

Have to say I was shocked at how much R&B was wanted in the side room , they couldn't get enough of it ?

Top weekend

Carms

x

Thanks for the invite Kev & Gloria

Carms

x

Guest al big n bouncy

Hi Kev and Gloria

Thanks for honouring me once again by letting me be part of your alldayer. Like Kev Such you let me play 3 sets - one in each room, two of which were with my special friend - the famous northern DJ Yockie. It was great to meet up with lots of friends from around the country. A wonderful day and the only complaints that we heard were about the bar but I did suggest to the duty manager that he opened a bottle bar which did ease the situation.

To summit it all up - a wonderful day spent with wonderful people - totally magic. Got to be the best alldayer in the country.

Many thanks

Alan and Wendy

PS looking forward to next year.

PPS did we win on the raffle?

Edited by al big n bouncy

Had an amazing day yesterday we spent 12 hours with no breaks in that place ! that has to be a record for me.

dont you have enough records already?

You had everything on offer musically , my fave room was the chill out room upstairs , being able to play some slower sounds that don't get aired normally and looking down on the crowd outside enjoying the sun and the food.

i couldnt look out of the window when it was open...didnt wanna drool over everybodies food...it was bad enough just licking the window

Although having said that I did enjoy playing the motown hour in the main room at midday .. taking us back to the school of 72 Move on up sounded awesome.

you certainly got that floor moving

Only downside fro me was the bar , it took a little too long to get a drink , at one point we pinched Teds emergency supply:) we were so thirsty . Nige had a great idea to order my wine by the crate in the afternoon :)

Lovely to see many faces that always makes this type of event so enjoyable they helped to carry us through 12 hours roaming from room to room.

i felt as though i was being stalked by nige and yourself...i just came of the decks and there you were waiting to get on lololol

Have to say I was shocked at how much R&B was wanted in the side room , they couldn't get enough of it ?

oh dear..did i really get that carried away on the friday night and saturday afternoon?

Top weekend

superb

Carms

x

Carms

x

atb moldie

First of all a BIG BIG thank you for your fantastic support because without you and the DJs this could not happen.

Also i would like to thank Gloria, Sally, Linda & Steve who did a fantastic job on the door and with the raffle, CDs & Badges Donations and in total we raised £705.00 to Cancer Research, cheque on its way this morning and will post receipt when it arrives.

We would also like to say a big thank you to those who donated prizes to the raffle.

There was 13 unclaimed prizes at the end of the night numbers below.

White tickets

Pink tickets

Yellow ticket

Green ticket

If you have any of these numbers please PM, Email or Ring me with the 8 Diget code & your address and i will forward the prize for you.

If we have any prizes still unclaimed we will put them into the Barnstaple Weekend Raffle.

The only issue we had was the bar from 7pm, we were promised extra staff but this never happend. We have a meeting this week with them and i will demand at least 2 extra bars next year, we are on the case.............

Music played in all 3 rooms was top notch...... think the upstairs Chill Out Room went down well and would like again to say a big thank you to all the DJs.

Next year we are going for a 4th room which will be for RnB.

Once again from Myself & Gloria a BIG thank you.

Next years date is 18th August 2012 and joining the DJ list are Coops (Skegness) Sam Evans (Hinckley) Mark Freeman (Nuneaton) & Neil Self (Soulfusion)

Kev & Gloria

Edited by southandnorth

Yes I wondered the same ... where is the castle?

Only downside fro me was the bar , it took a little too long to get a drink , at one point we pinched Teds emergency supply:) we were so thirsty . Nige had a great idea to order my wine by the bottle in the afternoon :)

Funniest moment was Derek telling us he was asked if he had the Stone Roses or Oasis , the guy that asked for them completely missunderstood the weekend .... well you are from Manchester he said .... lol ....

Top weekend

Carms

x

Carms

x

Saturday was a pretty surreal day for me. I would have been in the chill out room anyway on Saturday even if there was no dayer as I would have been manning my balloon art exhibition. Anyway, I got up there at about 11am to see the strange sight of the BT balloon team (who had come over from Northampton balloon festival) viewing the artwork with a load people dancing to soul next to them! Anyway, thanks to everyone who came upstairs to have a look.

But, what a fantastic day/weekend spoilt only a little by the bar situation. What I find annoying as a local is reading in the paper how the Castle is struggling financially, and when presented with 600 thirsty souls for 14 hours, they don't appear too fussed about fascilitating those people's needs and maximising their takings. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who nipped down to the offy. The queueing system seems to have been introduced for the convenience of the bar staff rather than the customers.

Anyway, like I said, it didn't really detract from what was a brilliant day! Well done Kev and Gloria, roll on next year. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Maark

Hi Kev Gloria and the wellingbrough soul team :hatsoff2:

well done to everyone :thumbup: the dj's done there job filled the dance floors and the dancers dance, dance, dance. can't wait for next year, to hit them decks and dance floor, hope to see you all there.

soulfun and love Sam, Andy and the Nuneaton and Hinckley soul crew :thumbsup:

TOP, TOP MARKS FOR THIS EVENT. The organisers have expertly put together a package of the absolute best in Northern Soul Classics, across 3 rooms, using in my opinion the some of the finest Northern Soul Oldies D.J.'s in the country!!!! If you haven't been, and want to immerse yourself in over 12 Hours of quality, classic Northern Soul then this is as good as it gets!!!!!

Already in the diary for next year!!

Des Parker

• Helpful 1

Thanks Kev & Gloria for a tremendous week end. :hatsoff2:

Top Venu, Top Music, Top DJ's and will definitely be back next year. :thumbup:

On a Detox now until next Sunday (The Mill) when we look forward to meet up with all the Northants Crew yet again. :sweatingbullets:

KTF.

Willie, Sue, Chris, Carol, Danny, Rod, Sue & Nick. :wave:

Edited by Willie

On a Detox now until next Sunday (The Mill) when we look forward to meet up with all the Northants Crew yet again. :sweatingbullets:

KTF.

hi willie and crew

great to see you as always

regards moldie

How up K & G absolute top notch couple of days. This is one event that gets better and better. The Friday night meet is excellent and some A1 sounds played, can not think of anyone who did not enjoy the chill out area, even with Austen and I having a 70's disco revival, loved it. The all dayer main room was well appreciated and even those present who may be a tadge off the radar with NS got into enough so as not to spoil anyones day. The bar was the only (small) gripe on an awesome day. Well done to you both and all the helpers. dunna go any bigger it is about right now!!! All the Best Big Andy & (the boss) Ann

What an event!!

Missed last years but made up for it good style......Great tunes, danced myself sore and to seal the perfect day.....

met an old friend I hadn't seen since St Ives 77 and we were back chatting like it was only a week ago :thumbup:

Came away with a few new tunes and a big smile :lol: see you all at Weston next week (you know who you are)

Thanks Jon for sorting the hotel....very good taste

And Ted for playing all Sean's big tunes :lol: That made him work and a fine job he did .

Loved the rare and under played room too :yes:

Will be there next year for sure, big thanks to everyone who made it such a brilliant dayer ........

Weren't bad were it. Must take issue over the bat couldn't get a cuppa after 8.I'm also contemplating legal action again cos with doing Friday and Saturday me feet are killing me me back aches and I've worn a hole in my dancing shoes but then again you did find that nice young young lady to help me get my bearings, Er Yessaye Ham I think was her name hope she got home safely. Congrats on a superb weekend credit where its due to all involved

What an event!!

Missed last years but made up for it good style......Great tunes, danced myself sore and to seal the perfect day.....

met an old friend I hadn't seen since St Ives 77 and we were back chatting like it was only a week ago :thumbup:

Came away with a few new tunes and a big smile :lol: see you all at Weston next week (you know who you are)

Thanks Jon for sorting the hotel....very good taste

And Ted for playing all Sean's big tunes :lol: That made him work and a fine job he did .

Loved the rare and under played room too :yes:

Will be there next year for sure, big thanks to everyone who made it such a brilliant dayer ........

I had them before Sean was out of nappies :lol: great day allround big thanks to Kev and Gloria for organising a great event looking forward to next year already

• Helpful 1

I had them before Sean was out of nappies :lol: great day allround big thanks to Kev and Gloria for organising a great event looking forward to next year already

You really did make Sean work for it, was a great day and I didn't hear a bad set. I think Steve Clarke is a little worried now cos him and Woody have to follow you at my do on the 3rd :lol:

QoFxx

well done to kev and gloria for a great weekend...very well organised and promoted.....great to meet up with friends and reaquaint myself with ppl from last year...superb music in all 3 rooms...great to see promoters from so many events enjoying themselves....also great to see ppl there from the start

you tube to follow

heres my plays from the weekend

friday night..21.10 till 22.00

diplomats...cards on the table

5 royales...catch that teardrop

betty obrien...she,ll be gone

barbara dane...im on my way

flame n king...oh happy day

collins & collins...top of the stairs

carol anderson...sad girl

innersection...let me love yuh

bill bush...im waiting

charles sheffield...its your voodoo workin

leo price...hey now baby

marv johnson...come on and stop

harvey...anyway you wanna

isonics...sugar

pat & blenders...just because

johnie taylor...blues in the night

silky hargreaves...keep lovin me like you do

mvps...turning my heartbeat up

friday night chillout ...22.10 till 11.00ish

dottie and millie...nothing in this world

carol and gerri...how can i ever find the way

sam dees...fragile handle with care

tj williams...baby i need you

commands...hey its love

bobby reed...the time is right for love

luther...dont wanna be a fool

garland green...girl i love you

ceasers...girl i miss you

garland green...aint that good enough

ruby winters...better

esther phillips...just say goodbye

saturday..main room...11.20 till 12.10

chandlers...your love maes me lonely

stemmons express...woman love thief

kenny shepherd...what difference does it make

gerri grainger...i go to pieces

bonnie herman...hush dont cry

joanie sommers...dont pity me

ringleaders...baby what happened to our love

steinways...youve been leading me on

shepherds...stubborn heart

frankie beverley...if thats what you wanted

frankie and johnny...ill hold you

jay traynor...up and over

velvets...i got to find me somebody

david and reuben...i love her so much it hurts

seven souls...i still love you

wade flemmons...jeannette

sam dees...lonely for you baby

jimmy fraser...of dreams hopes and tombstones

tan geers...let my heart and soul be free

barbara mcnair...youre gonna love my baby

saturday chill out...13.50 till 14.40

virgil henry...you aint saying nothing new

roger hatcher...sweetest girl in the world

betty wright...man of mine

albert jones...you and your love

shirley lawson...one more chance

laverne baker...wrapped tied and tangled

andrea henry..i need you like a baby

imaginations...strange neighbourhood

randy brown...always in the mood

barrino brothers...trapped in a love

sandpipers...lonely too long

rozetta johnson...mine was real

oc smith...on easy street

george freeman...ive had it

george wydell...from out of nowhere

sam fletcher...id think it over

george freeman...down and out

shelley fisher...girl i love you

arabians...please take a chance on me

volumes...the same old feeling

ultimates...girl ive been trying to tell you

eddie billups...shake off that dream

saturday...studio room...15.20 till 16.30

hyperions...why you wanna treat me

dolly lyon...palm of my hand

rufus lumley...minneapolis,minnesota

diane paine...what side your bread is buttered on

ann caudell... longing for you

david coleman...drown my heart

roy hamilton...she makes me wanna dance

jimmy robbins...i just cant please you

cookie jackson...do you still love me

helen troy...i think i love you

dusty wilson...cant do without you

joe tex...i wanna be free

gwen davis...my man dont think i know

roosevelt grier...in my tennement

freddie scott...ill be gone

lee rogers...troubles

ray scott...right now

bud harper...wherever you were

tobi lark...sweep it out of the shed

big daddy rogers...im a big man

ernie washington...lonesome shack

wille jones...wheres my money

harvey averne...never learned to dance

thanks for all the kind words

regards moldie

Edited by Guest
Guest kev such

KTF.

Thanks for the flyer Danny. Nice to see that your batman ( box carrier) was in attendance :lol: .

Thankyou for warming the crowd up nicely for me mate in the main room and not introducing me as requested by that cheeky Gunner Mr Al Shaw.

Regards

Kev.

Hi Kev and Gloria,

:hatsoff2: :hatsoff2: :hatsoff2: :hatsoff2: Hats off to the both of you. Had a fantastic weekend once again and thanks for allowing me to playing six sets, good job i brought my 300 box. This is defo the best alldayer in the country. The chill out lounge was a fantastic idea giving all the Dj's a chance to play some different sounds. It was great to be spinning tunes along side some of the top Dj's in the country. Great to catch up with some of my friends from around the country. counting down the days for next year already. The hotel is already booked aswell :D !!!

See you soon

Danny :thumbsup:

K.T.F

Hi Kev and Gloria,

:hatsoff2: :hatsoff2: :hatsoff2: :hatsoff2: Hats off to the both of you. Had a fantastic weekend once again and thanks for allowing me to playing six sets, good job i brought my 300 box. This is defo the best alldayer in the country. The chill out lounge was a fantastic idea giving all the Dj's a chance to play some different sounds. It was great to be spinning tunes along side some of the top Dj's in the country. Great to catch up with some of my friends from around the country. counting down the days for next year already. The hotel is already booked aswell :D !!!

See you soon

Danny :thumbsup:

K.T.F

hi danny

great to meet up again with you and your crew..enjoyed all of your sets...

regards moldie

Guest Northern PhanTom

We had a fantastic day- thumbsup

Hatsoff- to Kev and Gloria, their team of helpers and all the DJs for making what must be the best all dayer running.

Tom and Therese

Edited by Northern PhanTom
Guest bury masonic

Hi Kev & Gloria

Superb Alldayer as usual,you never let the side down,top marks to you both!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for letting me be a part of it once again,enjoyed both spots!!

Great news about the R.N.B room for next year,are me and moldie up for first choice?? :yes:

Hope i dont get asked for the Stone Roses again,tried to let him know he was at the wrong venue but he didnt want to know!!! (Not to worry he did pay to get in) a few more quid for charity!! :lol:

Didnt get to dance much spent to much time talking,so many friends,what a scene this is,doesnt get better!!! :thumbup:

Great little chillout area & this is what i played :sweatingbullets:

The Combinations While you were gone

David Ruffin You can get what i got

The tonettes My heart can feel the pain

Ruby & the Romantics Baby come home

The Original Cadillacs I,ll never let you go

The Miracles Whatever makes you happy

Diana Ross Youve been so wonderful to me

Joan Moody Dont do me that way

Monique No bodys baby

The Three Jads Makes my world go round

Chuck Wright Love i wont be a fool anymore

Maxine Davis Before i leave you

Paulette & the Cupids He,ll wait on me

The Drapers Your love has gone away

Maxine Brown I cant get along with out you

Dee Dee Warwick When love slips away

Lenny Welch Run to my lovin arms

Derek Martin Count to ten

William Hunt Would you believe

The Stoppers Come Back Baby

Malcolm Hayes I gotta be with you

Cant wait for next year!!!!!

Dereck,Sheila,Ian & Rita :hatsoff2:

Great news about the R.N.B room for next year,are me and moldie up for first choice?? :yes:

count me in dereck.....ill get my box sorted now

Great little chillout area & this is what i played :sweatingbullets:

The Combinations While you were gone

David Ruffin You can get what i got

The tonettes My heart can feel the pain

Ruby & the Romantics Baby come home

The Original Cadillacs I,ll never let you go

The Miracles Whatever makes you happy

Diana Ross Youve been so wonderful to me

Joan Moody Dont do me that way

Monique No bodys baby

The Three Jads Makes my world go round

Chuck Wright Love i wont be a fool anymore

Maxine Davis Before i leave you

Paulette & the Cupids He,ll wait on me

The Drapers Your love has gone away

Maxine Brown I cant get along with out you

Dee Dee Warwick When love slips away

Lenny Welch Run to my lovin arms

Derek Martin Count to ten

William Hunt Would you believe

The Stoppers Come Back Baby

Malcolm Hayes I gotta be with you

Cant wait for next year!!!!!

Dereck,Sheila,Ian & Rita :hatsoff2:

gutted i never got to hear those tunes....had to leave at 5.15 for spot in cleethorpes

regards moldie

Guest yorks old boys

gutted i never got to hear those tunes....had to leave at 5.15 for spot in cleethorpes

regards moldie

did you catch spots in cleggy then

Guest bury masonic

regards moldie

Thanks for that Moldie,maybe next year i will play them again!!

Regards Dereck,see you soon :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

We both would like to say a BIG BIG thank you for all the kind messages that have been sent :thumbup:

Still 8 unclaimed prizes so please check the numbers on this thread.

Had a meeting at the castle yesterday and they have at last agreed for us to work with them over the bar issue.

Due to a raise in the hire charges of this event, we will have to put the tickets up to £7.00 next year, still a bargin price which includes the Friday aswell.

Receipt from Cancer research attached.

post-8457-0-62227800-1314953798_thumb.jp

Thank you

Kev & Gloria