Sam's 70Th Broughton

Decided last min to go to Broughton Wings, and we were not disappointed .....We drove up from Bristol!!

It was a full house, gr8 to meet up with old friends.

All dj's played gr8 sets!!

If not been to Broughton, then well worth a trip

Martin & Shaz

Edited by soultin
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Brian Ellis

Martin - thanks for starting this look-back thread; it was good of you to make the long journey from Bristol to celebrate Sam's 70th birthday at his 'home' venue.

Broughton was full, dancefloor busy, tunes from all eras and all genres - beer still cheap, Sam as happy as a sandboy.

He played a set that only he can get away with opening with Frankie Valli's 'You're Ready Now' through to The Supremes 'Stoned Love' to The Hamilton Movement 'She's Gone' to Joseph Webster 'My Love is so Strong', then Rita and the Tiaras 'Gone with the Wind is My Love', Bobby Pruitt 'We are One' .... and many more, winding up the night with Martha Reeves 'No one There'.

All North Wales DJs played excellent sets in very compressed time slots and my thanks go to Chico, Phil Blacknell, Mark Speakman, Steve Thomas and Kevin Jones.

The crowd was great and gave Sam an excellent reception and really showed their appreciation for what the guy has done for the scene both locally and nationally.

There were a number of people flashing away with cameras, and I'm wondering if anyone has any photos available for e-mailing to me; I'd be very pleased to receive them - please PM me if available and we'll work a way of sending them through.

Thanks to everyone who came and made this a very special night for Sam - 3 birthday bashes in 3 consecutive weeks - more than the Queen :lol:

Brian :thumbsup:

Source Advert