Afternoon Delight Soul Club

What a brilliant Sunday afternoon chill out spent at Carlton Club yesterday. Guests Steve Plumb and Charlie Watson played absolutely fantastic spots along with the residents to an appreciative crowd with quality tunes all the way. :thumbup: Be great to see some playlists. :yes:

This is a must attend venue on the soul calendar. There’s always a warm welcome from the organisers and punters and it’s free entry! Was nice to join in the birthday celebrations for Mark’s and Paul’s birthdays too.

To the guy who walked into the ladies toilets :facepalm: your secrets safe with me. :lol:

Mark, Matty and the Wakefield City Soul Crew – keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the next Afternoon Delight.

Av :D

Edited by LittleAv
  • Replies 7
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

What a brilliant Sunday afternoon chill out spent at Carlton Club yesterday. Guests Steve Plumb and Charlie Watson played absolutely fantastic spots along with the residents to an appreciative crowd with quality tunes all the way. :thumbup: Be great to see some playlists. :yes:

This is a must attend venue on the soul calendar. There’s always a warm welcome from the organisers and punters and it’s free entry! Was nice to join in the birthday celebrations for Mark’s and Paul’s birthdays too.

To the guy who walked into the ladies toilets :facepalm: your secrets safe with me. :lol:

Mark, Matty and the Wakefield City Soul Crew – keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the next Afternoon Delight.

Av :D

Yes got to agree with Av, probably the best 'Afternoon Delight' so far, a right buzz about the day with 2 cracking spots from guests Steve and Charlie ably assisted by the Residents.

Nice to speak to Charlie at the end of the day, and Steve Plumb your secret's safe with us :yes::lol: :lol:

Looking forward to spinning a few tunes at the next Afternoon Delight on Sunday 25th September. :thumbsup:

Pete

Have to agree with Pete and Av. a great afternoon,nice for me to be able to get out to somewhere a bit different and hear some quality soul music. The Carlton club is just about the perfect size for a modern soul venue, warm people, The dj's played some lovely tunes, especially liked the Harold Melvin/Joyce Sims (blast fom the 80's!). Steve Plumb a top guy, thanks for all your wonderful bits of vinyl. I will have to get up to Leyland soon. Looking forward to the next do here 25th Sept.

Many thanks and respect to Matty, Paul and the Wakefield City Soul Crew.

ATB

Mick

Been attending the afternoon delight soul club since it started couple of years ago, and without doubt musically this was the best.

Sadly could only make the second half of the day but the quality of soul on offer was unreal!! I thought steve plumb and Charlie were excellent. They read the atmosphere in the room and kept it going. Nolan Long, and The Fantastics were the stand out tunes for me, but it was ALL good.

Some excellent guests lined up for the events remaining this year, and boxing day is shaping up rather nicely having seen who's booked on there so far! Like Av says, a must attend event if you like it soulful on a Sunday.

Azza

Hi All

Only just spotted this lookback, sorry!

Really, really enjoyed it :thumbsup:

Music was fabulous all day, people were wonderful...............two pints for a fiver and as many doughnuts as you could eat too!

We will be back!

........................and Av thanks for keeping schtum about me wandering into the ladies :lol: :lol: :lol::facepalm: