Little Joe Hinton - I Wont Be Your Fool - Arvee - Demo Or Issue ?

Soulgirl85

Hi , i have this listed up in the sales section ! but ive stumbled across a problem , i know that there is an orange coloured label issue of this track , but mine is pink ! so i wanted to know if anyone knew which one was the demo and which is the issue ?

deadwax number is

A-5028-B-D1

post-12823-0-70553400-1314177327_thumb.j

cheers :thumbsup:

Edited by soulgirl85
Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

For my money the pink copy is the Demo.

Anybody else?

I disagree. I've seen many hundreds of Arvee records. I have most of the run. I have seen a good portion of them with white DJs that read "Promotional copy-Not for sale". There were a few colour variations (orange, pink, yellow, red-orange), which NEVER listed "Promotional Copy". I suspect that the colour variation was simply due to different colour schemes at different pressing plants, although the late use of yellow, might indicate a label change for the series directed by the company, itself. But, I am confident that the Pinks were store stock. I bought them from stores, at the same time as orange was being used, and at the same time as white DJ copies were circulating.

Here's a WDJ of a Johnny Guitar Watson:

johnnygwatson.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Social source share

Thanks RobbK, I bow to your superior knowledge / experience.

I based my comment on the fact that I'd never seen a white Demo before and judged that the colour variation to something that stands out a fair bit more than the usual orange (or subtle variations of orange), ie Pink, suggesting that it might be / probably was a Demo.

It's good to have cleared that one up once and for all.

Social source share

...There were a few colour variations (orange, pink, yellow, red-orange), which NEVER listed "Promotional Copy". I suspect that the colour variation was simply due to different colour schemes at different pressing plants,...., and at the same time as white DJ copies were circulating.

seconded.

Marc

Social source share