7 Inch Cardboard Mailers & No Stiffeners

Is it me or does anybody else get pissed of when you buy a record & it gets sent out with no cardboard stiffeners are these sellers stupid. just fancied a rant ranting_1.gif

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Is it me or does anybody else get pissed of when you buy a record & it gets sent out with no cardboard stiffeners are these sellers stupid. just fancied a rant ranting_1.gif

its you lololol...carry on ranting

moldie

Social source share

Blimey in all my years of buying 45s I don't think I've ever been sent a 7" record through the post in a mailer without cardboard stiffeners.

I'm pretty shocked that anybody would do that but in reality I'm not that suprised.

I'd go bonkers if that happened to me.

And if you think that's bad - years ago Andy Rix once told me a jaw dropping story about being sent a previously unknown Shrine 45 from America wrapped in just a paper bag.

Think you can guess what happened...........

derek

Social source share

Blimey in all my years of buying 45s I don't think I've ever been sent a 7" record through the post in a mailer without cardboard stiffeners.

I have - and my jaw just dropped to the floor I can tell you Derek. I went bonkers at the time but then didn't bother telling the seller as I just thought they were a daft tw*t. On reflection I should have told them, to get them to change their ways and protect other unsuspecting buyers in the future.

And if you think that's bad - years ago Andy Rix once told me a jaw dropping story about being sent a previously unknown Shrine 45 from America wrapped in just a paper bag. Think you can guess what happened...........

All of sudden I feel nauseous

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

You should definitely tell them, it is very, very poor packing and people who do it are just thick. I add 3 pieces of cardboard and still I'm worried they might get bent in the post.

About a year ago I decided to tell every seller who sent a 45 with terrible packaging (e.g. often in bubble wrap) about how to pack a 45. I did it super politely and left positive feedback first. It just pissed people off.

I think if you're buying from someone you don't know (especially someone who doesn't look like a seasoned 45 seller), you should add a polite note to your payment about packaging.

Social source share

All of sudden I feel nauseous. Cheers Richard

At the time it was a missing number in the Shrine catalogue, off hand I seem to think it was either The Counts or The Prophets 45.

Ain't got time to tell the full story now suffice to say "they meant well".....

Really good cardboard as well.

Had to laugh at this - my guilty secret number 9 is over the years I've become a bit of a conniseur of cardboard and all its foibles.

Just by looking at waste cardboard boxes outside shops I can sorta tell whether it would be good for mailers.

Just like a cobbler with shoes and a joiner with wood I do like the feel of a good bit of cardboard.

I've even had several conversations with different people about it at various soul nites here and there.

Even when they yawned I didn't let it put me off....

derek x

Social source share

haha. I had something similar happen to me recently ... chicago didn't experience a hurricane but we did have these weird intense storms that in my neighborhood even had golf ball size hail. i got a stack of packages and every single mailer was soaked through so that they were completely flexible. it had just happened that morning when the mail lady got caught in the rain, though, so I was able to take out all the records and dry them, i got lucky and none were damaged.

Social source share

anyone selling records on ebay should be made to buy a record off craig morer,

$7.50 postage for one 45 and it's in a box you could get 8 or 9 in and it has 6 or 7 stiffeners.

belt and braces from craig,

joe.

Yes Craig is the man his mailers are exceptional belt and braces , but i've had 12's from dealers stuffed in my mailbox with no protection , cringed but been lucky

it can be a gamble

Martyn

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!