Soul/northern Nights Surrey/london

Hi

Ex northern bloke (still northern heart though) and ex wigan/cleethorpes etc goer been residing London/Surrey for 28 years and have the urge to get back back back.

Anyone know of any decent nights (not sure if I'm ready for a nighter yet! (or dancing for that matter)) in Surrey/London?

Cheers

PS Anyone got any similar stories re being away from scene and then coming back?

ATB

Steve

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

There's not too much going on in Surrey, but you could try some of the following:

https://www.bisleynightshift.net/ - Bisley Pavilion next night 8 October, mainly oldies, but generally well attended.

https://www.6ts.info/home.asp - The 100 Club allnighters, not much more needs to be said

Farnborough Soul Club @ Farnborough Football Club - 10 September with guest DJ Des Parker & residents Chris Thorley, Danny North, Moldie & Mischief.

Solid Hit Soul , @ Shooting Star Pub Shoreditch London (contact SHSDave on here) - Quality 60's Northern Soul with great guest DJ's.

There are many more in London and surrounding counties depends really on how far you want to travel.

Social source share

Guest DaveSwift

Yes Hobgoblin near Angel is well recommended. Free in, good beer. It's mainly crossover & modern with a sprinkling of northern. john Manship might have one or two with him.

See you there

Social source share

Guest DaveSwift

forgot to mention - next Thursday - Majestic Soul at Horse & Groom, Curtain road in Shoreditch. Again free in and Across The Board soul starts 6:30

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Close to the above there is a Mod weekend in Brighton this weekend. Should be plenty on for the soul fan to enjoy.

Just to fill you in on some stuff you might have missed.

Gone are the days of the letters page in Blues and Soul where people get all upset over the oldies and newies debate. Everybody just gets along now and loves every facet of the scene.

or maybe I'm wrong ;)

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

There's not too much going on in Surrey, but you could try some of the following:

https://www.bisleynightshift.net/ - Bisley Pavilion next night 8 October, mainly oldies, but generally well attended.

https://www.6ts.info/home.asp - The 100 Club allnighters, not much more needs to be said

Farnborough Soul Club @ Farnborough Football Club - 10 September with guest DJ Des Parker & residents Chris Thorley, Danny North, Moldie & Mischief.

Solid Hit Soul , @ Shooting Star Pub Shoreditch London (contact SHSDave on here) - Quality 60's Northern Soul with great guest DJ's.

There are many more in London and surrounding counties depends really on how far you want to travel.

Farnborough is in Hampshire, last time i looked :yes:

Social source share

To be honest i thought the scene finished around 1980 ! (or earlier as it was getting a bit watered down by that point).

Little did I know----------, met a 100 club regular around a year ago who told me about soul source, got in contact again with some old friends and discovered it hadn't finished, just moved on.

Is the scene just packed with old geezers?

Love my oldies but I'll listen to and buy anything from any era (to be honest if its new to me I've no idea when or where it was played) as long as its good.

Social source share

cant recommend this night enough,a really top night, with none of that modern rubbish.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!