Monster Mid Tempo

Colsoul

the groovettes think it over baby reness promo £1050.00 ovno very hard disk in ex condition, thanks for looking col , pp as gift, cheque or cash at a discount

freddy houston if i had known old town w//d awsome original in ex condition £325 sold

harmonics be your man seventy7 in demander ex £90.00 sold

Edited by colsoul
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 7
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

yes maybee i was a a tad cheep a great record, but no way is it the popsike price.$600 plus sold on ebay and 30 bids,col

next to the fabulous topside what may also exlain the demand for this 45 is the bonus of a flipside which is SO right for the funkeir sets of today

Plus, and that really adds on the "myth" side of things of this great 45...both sides of this record feature the fantastic falsetto voice of Junior McCants !before he went to King Records via Charles Spurling.

The Harmonics were an Ohio based group consisting of the McCants brothers Junior, James, Sam, Chris, and Leroy McCant. The record in question was their third record after having released on Dupree. "Be Your Man / Sum-A-Doom-Doom" witten by James McCant and produced by Leroy McCant was first released on Detroit based SOCK IT records (VERY rare..) in 1967 and re-released on 77 Records in 1971.

The Haronics developed into the Chicago Gangsters, Leroy McCants went on to become label owner of HEAT Records beginning of the eighties.

And before you ask, only one of the Mccant brothers has a opy of the King rarity and he is not willing to sell..

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

i wondered if it was junior mccants i just thought he had paased over way before this was made i had played the other side but just a bit left field for my taste ,thanks for the info, col

Yes Col, Junior McCant sadly passed away shortly after. The King session was held in ´67 too if I remember the liner notes to that great Kent CD correctly. This recording was first released in ´67 on Sock It Records so it must have been recorded in or before ´67 and therefore shortly before Charles Spurling had brought him to King. You can clearly hear his unique voice on both sides as on the other Harmonic 45s by the way.

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!