Outo Kumpu Soul Club (Thanks Last One!)

A BIG THANKS TO ALL THAT TURNED OUT LAST NIGHT TO THE LAST

OUTO KUMPU SOUL NIGHT,,

YOU MADE IT A GREAT NIGHT FOR US AND WE HOPE FOR YOU,

it was great to see micky clements still dancing while getting served at the bar

that was funny,, :rofl:

HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE ATTERCLIFFE LIB'S NEXT FRIDAY,

for our first night of soul and motown, 100% vinyl as always,,

guest dj 'micky clements' he's mad'' lol

nice to see rodger barrett giving us great feedback, see you saturday

@ the victory club,, main road darnall s9 5hq, only £2.50 o,t,d :thumbup: 27th

so, thanks again sheffield 9, and hope to see you next friday on the cliff''

keeping it back2basics on the soul scene, mick and jarvo, :wink:

• Replies 2
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Another great night with the Back2Basics crew- I agree my dancing is still a bit funny, still trying to learn the key moves but as you all can see my 70's funkier breaks seems to overpower my northern steps I am trying to learn, more lessons needed I think! Glad it made you laugh! Drink a big factor in my dancing maybe I should try it sober.

Alyn Hodgson is an immense talent, did the "guest spot" - playing some lovely modern stuff (I just didn't know) including David Ruffin, Candace Love, American Gypsy, even Lisa Stansfield, etc. He along with his lovely wife Maureen are two confimed Soulies who travel Europe to keep the faith and spread the word!

Another fab Northern set from Mick Lait and Jarvo finishing off with his own eclectic mix, always able to break new ground, this guy really knows his soul music!

Sad this was the last one here at Outokompo, the venue, small, intimate and cosy,easy atmosphere, bar staff friendly and interested in us all and the scene, what a cultured sound set up Jarvo, lovely wife, and Mick Lait have, in their possession an awesome array of vinyl, knowing how to mix up the old with the new up in the right way. Gonna be interesting to see whether Attercliffe Lib Club can be as good as this!

I am looking forward to the Victory Club tonight and wonderful to see Roger, Lindsey and Charlie enjoying themselves last night..

ATB and KTF!

Mick

Back2Basics @Attercliffe Liberal Club Friday 2nd Sept 2011

dont missunderstand us mick, the dancing at the bar was funny ,, the barmaid turned to give you your change and you had danced to the bottom of the bar, then when she looked again you danced back up to the top, the look on her face was funny, and dont forget your record box this friday its gonna be a long night, 8 till 1,,,

lets just put a fun night back on the soul scene,, like outo kumpu nights,, ,,

anyway good luck to the millers who now own it and to their season.