Sonic Soul Club, Lutterworth

Well what can i say....the sounds pumping out of the speakers were top notch, well done to all the DJs, I thought Steve Scotney did a blinding spot, :sweatingbullets: very well done

Thanks for giving me a prime spot, hope you liked what i played.

Those who weren't there missed a music treat :facepalm:

Hope to see you all soon

ATB...Rob & Lynn ( :thumbsup: & :wave: )

• Helpful 1
  • Replies 10
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest mellytee

Great night, superb tunes and lovely 'up for it' atmosphere. :D Thanks gang for a lovely time and everyone smiling all night long :) :) :)

Mellytee xxxx

Great night, superb tunes and lovely 'up for it' atmosphere. :D Thanks gang for a lovely time and everyone smiling all night long :) :) :)

Mellytee xxxx

i can only echo your post mel...except i didnt smile lololol

those that wasnt there certainly missed out....you tube to follow

regards moldie x

Thanks for kind words Rob (your missus selected some nice ones for you too...that one on the black Swan label in particular :D !), also to Tom, Pat, Moldie, Ralph & Co for warm welcome and banter etc on the night.

Early spot great for the practice and playing some slightly less heard stuff (okay so the first one was maybe bit slower than usually heard / not really a dancer...described by Mr Brown on the night as "like dancing through treacle" :D ), but not so great for "sharing the soul", so to speak!

Thanks again for asking me along and see you again soon,

Steve :thumbsup:

Thanks for kind words Rob (your missus selected some nice ones for you too...that one on the black Swan label in particular :D !), also to Tom, Pat, Moldie, Ralph & Co for warm welcome and banter etc on the night.

Early spot great for the practice and playing some slightly less heard stuff (okay so the first one was maybe bit slower than usually heard / not really a dancer...described by Mr Brown on the night as "like dancing through treacle" :D ), but not so great for "sharing the soul", so to speak!

That's true, I did say that but still danced my way through it but you did redeem yourself later by playing Lewis Clark and The Lovettes :D .

musically fantastic, not a bad record all nite have to apologise to molly as we had to leave early, important stuff to do sat morning sorry.. and he only just got onto his hour . but at least we made it,video that should be interesting :g: dark hourse that Pat guy,Lou Pride ,,mmmm can I have it tar :wicked:

sorry we missed yr set Steve, I seemed to have missed everyone that nite lol

Well what can i say....the sounds pumping out of the speakers were top notch, well done to all the DJs, I thought Steve Scotney did a blinding spot, :sweatingbullets: very well done

Thanks for giving me a prime spot, hope you liked what i played.

Those who weren't there missed a music treat :facepalm:

Hope to see you all soon

ATB...Rob & Lynn ( :thumbsup: & :wave: )

Have to agree with Rob here.

Great mix of tunes all evening, so well worth the trip over from Peterborough.

Cheers, Ray

Edited by Raym
Guest Northern PhanTom

Thanks for kicking off the thread Rob, also for playing my requests on the night especially "The Pussycats" not heard that one out since Tony's @ Blackburn in the early nineties. :thumbsup:

What a Brilliant night of tunage, spine tingling or what! :yes:

Our two guest DJ's Molly & Steve Scotney were superb, backed up by regulars Rob Gray, Moldie, Ralph Forster & Pat Wallace, who between them belted out a full across the board selection of gems. :hatsoff2:

It wasn't just the quality of the tunes which were played, it was also the passion by all DJ's in presenting them, with all their energy and input, one things for sure, the soul scene is still alive and kicking. :wicked:

Big thanks to the traveling army of souls who once again created a great buzz on the night. Just like the tunage its not quantity that counts, but quality. :hypo:

See you all next month :wave:

Tom :wink:

Thanks for kicking off the thread Rob, also for playing my requests on the night especially "The Pussycats" not heard that one out since Tony's @ Blackburn in the early nineties. :thumbsup:

What a Brilliant night of tunage, spine tingling or what! :yes:

Our two guest DJ's Molly & Steve Scotney were superb, backed up by regulars Rob Gray, Moldie, Ralph Forster & Pat Wallace, who between them belted out a full across the board selection of gems. :hatsoff2:

It wasn't just the quality of the tunes which were played, it was also the passion by all DJ's in presenting them, with all their energy and input, one things for sure, the soul scene is still alive and kicking. :wicked:

Big thanks to the traveling army of souls who once again created a great buzz on the night. Just like the tunage its not quantity that counts, but quality. :hypo:

See you all next month :wave:

Tom :wink:

Bit late I know, but better late than never aye :P This was my return visit to DJ at Sonic Soul, and the first at this particular venue. And what a venue it is, absolutely tailor made for a Soul night. Old style stage set in the middle of a lovely wooden dance floor, that was not too small but importantly not too big either. Just right in my opinion, loved it :yes:

After battling my way home from work through traffic which started off in Bedford early Friday morning then on to Skelmersdale and via Doncaster on the way home, it really was touch and go at times if I would get there at all with the Bank holiday traffic and terrible weather. But myself, Lorraine and Mr Mick Lewin arrived at about 9pm ish, and from the moment we arrived the tunes that were played were excellent. A lovely blend all night long of Quality Oldies, Classy Crossover, sublime 70's, mid-tempo gems, stompers and current biggies too, it just flowed superbly well throughout.

But as with most Soul nights these days, the attendance on the night was affected by Soulies who nowadays are just not prepared to travel with a 'passion' to listen to quality music, and that this venue and the promoters deserved.

Those that were there,you did yourselves proud and danced to the quality "Across The Board" tunes on offer all night.

Those that weren't , well it was your loss because you would have loved it :P

Nice to meet up with Steve Scotney for the first time too. Even though numbers were down I thoroughly enjoyed myself socially and DJing as I did on my last visit. I hope all the requests I had on the night were catered for, if not I apologise... Big well done to Tom and Pat and everyone at Sonic Soul and all the DJ's for a night of well balanced Soul music, with something for everyone.

Tom by the way my mate Mick Lewin couldn't stop talking all the way home, about what a fantastic night he had on his first visit to Sonic Soul.... :yes::thumbup:

Best

Molly