Dearne Playhouse, Goldthorpe - Back To The Roots R&b

A Big Big thank you to all the DJ's, Joe Dutton, John Paul Leasing, Graham "Rabbie" Wright, John Moffat and Alan Swires. You are worth your weight in gold. Thank you for giving up your time to help get this R&B event off the ground. All proceeds from the night will be going over to Sri Lanka to help fund the education of two sisters who survived the 2004 Tsunami and are now training to be Doctors.

A big thank you to Steve Manx & Sharon Rigby who provided the equipment free of charge.

Lastly thank you to all the punters and helpers on the night. Many of you came from the other side of the country to sample R&B in the Dearne Valley.

Didn't we have a good night ? Bless you all.

If you want more of the same let me have your details and I will keep you informed. heartandsoulmusic@yahoo.co.uk

Mick Casey

PS. Photos will follow

• Replies 9
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

A Big Big thank you to all the DJ's, Joe Dutton, John Paul Leasing, Graham "Rabbie" Wright, John Moffat and Alan Swires. You are worth your weight in gold. Thank you for giving up your time to help get this R&B event off the ground. All proceeds from the night will be going over to Sri Lanka to help fund the education of two sisters who survived the 2004 Tsunami and are now training to be Doctors.

A big thank you to Steve Manx & Sharon Rigby who provided the equipment free of charge.

Lastly thank you to all the punters and helpers on the night. Many of you came from the other side of the country to sample R&B in the Dearne Valley.

Didn't we have a good night ? Bless you all.

If you want more of the same let me have your details and I will keep you informed. heartandsoulmusic@yahoo.co.uk

Mick Casey

PS. Photos will follow

A top notch night , with a very receptive crowd intent on enjoying themselves .

The music played was first class , but that was to be expected , given the calibre of the assembled DJs .

I need a title putting to the Prince Buster tune ( played mid way through the evening ) before I go doolally - was it

" Peter Gunn " ?

A well organised and highly creditable night :thumbsup:

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton
  • Helpful 1

Guest edsuede

Hi Mick

Great DJs, Great Music, Great Venue, Great Crowd...Great night fella :)

Well worth the travel from Scarborough!

Looking forward to the next one.

Regards

Ed

A top notch night , with a very receptive crowd intent on enjoying themselves .

The music played was first class , but that was to be expected , given the calibre of the assembled DJs .

I need a title putting to the Prince Buster tune ( played mid way through the evening ) before I go doolally - was it

" Peter Gunn " ?

A well organised and highly creditable night :thumbsup:

Malc

AGREE WITH YOU MALC,

A GREAT NIGHT ALL ROUND WITH A CROWD OUT TO ENJOY THEMSELVES. SUPERB VENUE, FANTASTIC MUSIC FROM ALL DJs AND FRIENDLY PEOPLE.

WE CERTAINLY ENJOYED OURSELVES :yes:

THE PRINCE BUSTER TRACK I THINK YOU ARE ON ABOUT WAS '707' ON WILDBELLS

PETE & AV

AGREE WITH YOU MALC,

A GREAT NIGHT ALL ROUND WITH A CROWD OUT TO ENJOY THEMSELVES. SUPERB VENUE, FANTASTIC MUSIC FROM ALL DJs AND FRIENDLY PEOPLE.

WE CERTAINLY ENJOYED OURSELVES :yes:

THE PRINCE BUSTER TRACK I THINK YOU ARE ON ABOUT WAS '707' ON WILDBELLS

PETE & AV

It is / was :thumbsup:

After I posted , the title was still bugging me , so I went on YouTube , typed in Prince Buster and " PG " .

Up came the clips for the man , and there was the track which I did not know was called " 707 " .

So , besides my curiousity being satisfied , I learnt something new :D

Again , a great night .

Malc