Victory Club, Darnall, Sheffield

Meanwhile back at that other event in a suburb of Sheffield, called Darnall. I was delighted to be asked back again to spin a few tunes. Numbers a bit low due to competition localy, plus a few regulars missing due to holidays, but the faithfull followers of this very friendly club were all in attendance and responded well to the wide variety of Soul music played by keeping the dance floor busy.

A warm welcome from Roger is always guaranteed on the door.

Other venues come and go but the Victory club continues to inspire and fulfill.

Playlist to follow

Keeping the faith.............

• Helpful 1

Playlist for the above, sorry cant work out how to put a link to playlist board.

Victory club, Darnall, Sheffield. 27/08/11

Quicksand - Martha and the Vandellas

Showmen - Take it baby

Tony Clarke - Landslide

O'Jays - Im so glad I found you

Bobby Hebb - Love me

O'Jays - Working on your case

Joe Simon - When

Bobby Bland - Shoes

O'Jays - Whip it on me baby

Major Lance - Hey little girl

Archie Bell - Your such a beautifull child

Junior Walker - Gotta hold on to this feeling

Fred Hughes - Baby Boy

Gene Chandler - Mr Big shot

Mickie Champion - What good am I

Temptations - I want a love I can see

Jimmy Ruffin - Baby I've got it

Temptations - Why did she have to leave me

Supremes and Four Tops - River deep mountain high

Isley Brothers - Its out of the question

Harold Melvin - Get out

Jimmy Ruffin - Gonna give her all the love I've got

Marvin Gaye - Little darling

Contours - First I look at the purse

Marvin Gaye - Your a wonderfull one

Jerry Fuller - Double life

Jerry Butler - Moody woman

Epitome of sound - Where were you

Blossoms - Thats when the tears start

Rubin - You've been away

Mel Williams - Can It be me

Danny White - Cracked up over you

Four Tops - Love enough to care

Winstons - Color him father

All on original vinyl in case you were wondering

Edited by soulsteve

HI GUYS, SORRY TO MISS OUT LAST NIGHT,, REALY WANTED TO BE THERE, HAD SOME FLYERS TO GIVE OUT FOR THE ATTERCLIFFE LIBS , BUT I CAME DOWN WITH THIS BLOODY VIRUS THATS GOING AROUND SO I ENDED UP HAVING AN EARLY NIGHT, BUT WILL DEFF' BE THERE FOR THE NEXT ONE, KEEP ON KEEPING ON, BRINNY MICK.

• Helpful 1
Guest Barry Holland

Meanwhile back at that other event in a suburb of Sheffield, called Darnall. I was delighted to be asked back again to spin a few tunes. Numbers a bit low due to competition localy, plus a few regulars missing due to holidays, but the faithfull followers of this very friendly club were all in attendance and responded well to the wide variety of Soul music played by keeping the dance floor busy.

A warm welcome from Roger is always guaranteed on the door.

Other venues come and go but the Victory club continues to inspire and fulfill.

Playlist to follow

Keeping the faith.............

Many thanks to Roger for asking me once again to play a few sounds. :thumbsup: It's allways a pleasure to play alongside Soulsteve, great spot there pal. :yes: Yes, a few people missing due to holidays, number of bank holiday events etc, but the crowd that were there enjoyed a great night of top music. :thumbsup: A mention also for Keef Toyne playing some cracking stuff early doors. :thumbsup:

See you at the next one, Barry, KGB, KTF. :thumbsup:

MANY THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO MADE IT A GREAT NIGHT. ESPECIALLY WITH OTHER VENUES ON THE SAME NIGHT & THE BANK HOLIDAY TO BOOT ! A FAB MIX OF SOUL N MOTOWN FROM BARRY, STEVE, & KEITH WHO WOWED THE SOULIES ON THE DANCEFOOR TILL 1.30am. SEPTEMBER AT THE CLUB WILL BE OPEN AGAIN AT 6.30pm FOR ANOTHER 7 HOURS. ?

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CAME, - KEEPING ON KEEPING ON - SEE YOU ALL SOON

& K.T.F

• Helpful 1

Hi sorry we could not get down to the Victory Club on saturday, had a gig to do,(not the one down the road a pub on london rd), you know how thing are, looks like we missed a good night, we will be in for the next one, keep up the good work

Nigel & Elaine

Hi sorry we could not get down to the Victory Club on saturday, had a gig to do,(not the one down the road a pub on london rd), you know how thing are, looks like we missed a good night, we will be in for the next one, keep up the good work

Nigel & Elaine

So many clashed on the night, but we still had a good 'un - and hopefully we'll be back to capacity now holiday season is slowing down. Next one is Saturday September 24th so may see you then, if not on the soul circuit inbetween.

Roger & Lindsey