Hydro Soul @ Ineos Social Club - Newton Aycliffe - Sat 27Th Aug

Numbers were up again for this months B/H weekend offering of old style Northern.

Top DJ making the long journey from Peterborough was Smudge Smith. The Guy didn't disappoint. 90 minutes of classic sounds to suit all tastes. Your welcome back any time Smudge. Hope the operation goes ok and your back to full fitness soon.

We have reached our £500 target for the chosen charity for this year and will be posting off a cheque this week to the British Heart Foundation. Thanks to one and all who have donated to this worthwhile cause, your continued support whether it be a monthly visit, bi-monthly or even just once a year is very much appreciated. We try to make everyone feel welcome.

Small venue we may be, but the atmosphere last night was as warm and friendly as ever. Nice to see a few of the old crowd from the early years making a welcome return visit. Appologies but we have just been forced to increase the beer prices. It's a shocking £1.90 for a pint of John Smiths now!!

Thanks again

Kev

Edited by Kev Richardson
  • Replies 3
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest smudgesmith

The Hydro....................little club with BIG heart and a very warm welcome as always,and always a pleasure to play there.

PS The beer is cheap LOL

Guest topcatnumpty1

£1-90 IS ridiculous for rubbish beer like John Piths ,when you can buy good real ale --Sam Smiths in their pubs for £1-57 --stronger and a far better drink--hope the music is not like the beer(!!!) only joking .

Tony

Guest smudgesmith

£1-90 IS ridiculous for rubbish beer like John Piths ,when you can buy good real ale --Sam Smiths in their pubs for £1-57 --stronger and a far better drink--hope the music is not like the beer(!!!) only joking .

Tony

Tony only mentioned beer prices because thats what I was told,not being a drinker I cant personally comment !

The music policy is "predominantly oldies" with emphasis on letting people dance.I dont normally put any sort of playlist up ,I have had several requests to do so.On this occasion I will.In no particular order.

Rita and Tiaras Gone with the wind

Jackie Day Naughty Boy

George Pepp The feeling is real

Salvadors Stick by me baby

Seven Souls I still love you

Sam Williams Love slipped through my fingers

Bernie Williams Ever Again

Tomangoes I really love you

Carol Anderson Sad Girl

Alfie Davidson Love is a serious business

Donna King Take me home

Bob and Fred Im on my way