Mr Floods Party . . . . . . Who?

Dean

May well have been covered before, sort of thing I'd expect to have been discussed.

Does anyone have any knowledge of Mr Flood's Party? Is there more than one Party?

Saw this Cotillion Lp a few weeks ago and took a shot in the dark on it. Not a big waste, didn't go for much. Although the first track on side 1 is "Northern Travel" northern, or indeed soul it aint.

post-5677-0-31442700-1314573376_thumb.jp

A look at the group on the back suggests as much!

post-5677-0-46222100-1314573565_thumb.jp

Imagine the bastard child of the Carpenters and Jethro Tull?

To add further fun to the futile shot in the dark, when the album arrived, I undid the packing to be greeted by these two covers

post-5677-0-17678000-1314573688_thumb.jp

post-5677-0-12095300-1314573770_thumb.jp

No vinyl, just sleeves used for packing, gave me a bit of a fright at first. Although I am now hunting the album to go with the "Live Mechanical Sound Effects" cover. The sleev notes sell it as " Live Mechanical Sound Effects In stereo has been designed primarily with the general listener, not the technician or sound freak in mind". Containing such oldies as Heavy Duty Motors with Circuit Breakers, adn Packaging Machine Collator, together with the funkier Lawnmower and the classic Small Cement Mixer. Anybody played any of those out?

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The band were lead by Royce Hyatt, a local Progrssive Rock musician in Michigan. They briefly took a shot at a pop single bearing in mind, groups like Chicago and the Ides of

March were scoring chartwise at the time.

Royce is still around, moving to California several years ago. He is fully aware of the Northern Soul interest in 'Compared To What'

Edited by The Golden 101
Social source share

The band were lead by Royce Hyatt, a local Progrssive Rock musician in Michigan. They briefly took a shot at a pop single bearing in mind, groups like Chicago and the Ides of

March were scoring chartwise at the time.

Royce is still around, moving to California several years ago. He is fully aware of the Northern Soul interest in 'Compared To What'

Thanks for info Kev, been on holiday so only just seen. Royce Hyatt doesn't feature on the '69 album i picked up out of curiosity, although prog rock it certainly is. Were the lyrics for Compared to What written by Gene McDaniels? Picked that up from an Ember comp album.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert