Soulchoons @ The Mill Charity Alldayer. Sun 28Th Aug

Well where do i start. A mellow afternoon to start with, some great mid tempo tunes and alternative versions played in the afternoon along with some tried and tested, but by 6pm after the football had finished it started to pick up, the stompers started playing and the floor filled. By 8pm the floor was full to capacity, even the carpet became a dance floor and stayed that way till the last record was played at 01.05am.

A total of £701 was raised for alder hey imagine appeal from the Door sales, Raffle and sale of magnets.

A big thank you to all who attended from all parts of the country, Northampton, Bradford, Barnoldswick, Clitheroe, fylde coast to name a few and the atmosphere was fantastic all day. A big thank you to all the DJ's Roman, Billy Foster, Steve Clayton, Macky, Jools, Carol, Rod & ME ! for giving up there bank holiday Sunday to support such a great cause.

Not forgetting Graham for doing a fantastic job on the door, Sweety man Nick for supplying all the 'E' Numbers (in sweets) to keep the dancers going and all the people who donated raffle prizes and the girls who sold all the tickets.

All in all a fantastic day/night and looking forward to seeing you all again on Sat 1st Oct for a Saturday night event with guest Dj's Keith Fletcher & Tony Greenwood.

Until then be safe and Happy Soulin :D :D :D

P.s The pics will be up on my website shortly www.soulchoons.webs.com

Danny :thumbsup:

K.T.F

Oct 2011 Flyer.pdf

• Replies 9
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Another great day/night at The Mill, really enjoyed all the laid back / mid-tempo stuff played in the afternoon, not many in at that time so it was nice to hear stuff that you don't hear very often.

It seemed to fill up in a short space of time in the evening & it wasn't long before the floor was bouncing, it was great to see so many people enjoying themselves & even better when I saw how much had been raised for a very worthy cause.

£701!!! WOW, thank you all the DJ's for giving their time & to everyone that bought raffle tickets. I'll be personally taking the money to Alder Hey Children's Hospital within the next week or so as both the Grandchildren have appointments there over the next few weeks.

Thanks again to everyone, can't wait until the next one.

Carol

What can I say that's not been said before about this venue...... :thumbup:

An absolutely fantastic day with awesome sounds from all DJ's.... :hatsoff2:

The floor was bouncing all night, :sweatingbullets: everyone had a brilliant time and what a friendly atmosphere (this is what makes the mill)..... :D

Our Crew once again was there in force..... Over £700 raised for charity....

Looking forward to the next one..... :yes:

Willie & Sue..... :wave:

A top night, proper across the board, some awesome dancing by Chippie and Roy, well done all, Roman

Hi roman & Wendy

Thanks for coming over to the mill and thanks roman for spinning some fantastic sounds along with the other dj's. If it wasn't for people like yourself giving up your time to Dj then the mill wouldn't be what it us.

Hope to see you soon

Danny

K.T.F

What can I say that's not been said before about this venue...... :thumbup:

An absolutely fantastic day with awesome sounds from all DJ's.... :hatsoff2:

The floor was bouncing all night, :sweatingbullets: everyone had a brilliant time and what a friendly atmosphere (this is what makes the mill)..... :D

Our Crew once again was there in force..... Over £700 raised for charity....

Looking forward to the next one..... :yes:

Willie & Sue..... :wave:

Hi willie & sue

Once again thanks for your support and the rest of the crew. it was a fantastic day and all for a great cause.

see you soon

Danny