Which Northern Track You Dislike The Most

I thought I was the only one who hates Woman Lover Thief and prefers the Precisions. That's 3 of us then at least. :thumbsup:

That riles me almost as much as seeing someone using the phrase B-B-Q, it's LOVE thief not LOVER thief. Why do people call it that (well I do know, because of a Kent error) and why do people call NABAY the name NARBAY?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest miss nancy

I could have written all of that myself!

Excellent choices Steve.

Paris had a record as "Mr tears Paris" and that's equally as bad if not worse.

Maybe its the wrong thread but .... Say something nice .... love it!!! :yes:

Social source share

I know an answer to all your dislikes.

Drop 15 green and clears and SUDDENLY YOUR WORLD WILL BE FILLED WITH SUNSHINE.

Ooops, shame they don't exist anymore.

You could take them and even Abba KNOWING YOU KNOWING ME sounds like f******* dynamite.

I should know cos I done it.

On the other hand take a few tuinal and drink a few pints and you'd not only hate all the above records but every other one you ever heard and your mates and your family AND ANY OTHER F**** WHO WANTS TO TO HAVE A F**** GO!

(Tuinal don't exist now either. Thank GOD!).

As I said before, it's all relative to company, gear and time and place.

OH YES IT IS!

Of course that is just my opinion. Give me 20 blueys and I'll just agree with you. Honest, no problem.

Social source share

Oh and by the way I love STEMMONS EXPRESS with or without stimulants. How can SUCH MISERY be better or worse when they are both the same record with different words?

Someone kindly explain

Thanks..

Edited by Swish
Social source share

OK...... Mel Britt (She aint going to come running back if that's the best you can do Mel)

I hate it and I think a lot of other people do as well, it's just that they ain't got the minerals to admit it....... :yes:

It's become a sacred cow and it's about time it was culled :lol: ....

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Oh and by the way I love STEMMONS EXPRESS with or without stimulants. How can SUCH MISERY be better or worse when they are both the same record with different words?

Someone kindly explain

Thanks..

Can't explain-it's all personal...but

You may as well ask why Can It Be Me is so much better than that feckin Aspirin thing....

ATB

Tony

Social source share

OK...... Mel Britt (She aint going to come running back if that's the best you can do Mel)

I hate it and I think a lot of other people do as well, it's just that they ain't got the minerals to admit it....... :yes:

It's become a sacred cow and it's about time it was culled :lol: ....

See post #31

• Helpful 1
Social source share

another shout for just loving you /ruby andrews BORING!...always sends me to the bar and still played out WAY TOO F******* MUCH!!

dean

There's loads like that which have just been hammered so much that they've turned into 'handbag' records. Because Of You - Jackie Wilson is another one.

Social source share

Everytime this topic arises the same 2 records spring to mind, after a quick look through this thread I don't think either have had a mention, so it could just be me, but I find these 2 tracks teeth itchingly dreadful, bearing in mind they have been and still are in some cases immensely popular

Holly St James - That's not love

Dee Clark - That's my girl

:facepalm:

Edited by Pete60
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

To me the Jewel's is one of the best records ever,or at least the best record from 1964 ever. :D oh I'll hold you frankie and johnny as well as picture me gone bobby bennett are scraping the barrel

agree with you there Ken, sounds great loud over a good system, but may make other peoples ears bleed.

heres a few 'can't stand' from me...

awful instr.of 'Im Coming Home In The Morning' (vocals not much better either)

Jackie Wilson - Because Of You

Ace Spectrum - Dont Send Nobody Else

Four Perfections - Im Not Strong Enough

and that feckin Salt & Pepper thing of recent times :facepalm:

j

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

RE Tunes you used to love but cant bear anymore due to overuse

O'Jays - I'll never forget you

and

Metros - Since I found my baby

More 'played out' than any typical played out oldie IMO

Social source share

ive always disliked yvonne baker didnt say a word, cant stand her singing, also dislike bobby kline, also dislike gladys knight no one could love you more, the starts brilliant then it just goes on and on, and i dont like sam dees lonely for you, horses for courses as they say......

oh and love jo jama, both versions !

Social source share

Cant stand : Joey Delorenzo - Wake Up To The Sunshine Girl - Dreadful record, never liked Mind & Matter - I'm Under You're Spell, French Fries - Danse À La Musique, not that I take it seriously, The Cammotions - Motown is very bad, and one track I really cant stand that seems to be recognised as a big sound, The Inmates – This is the day ...

Mal.C

Social source share

Guest Ian 1930

Born a Loser - Don Ray

This love of Mind - Carole Waller

I've Got to Have Your Love - Pierre Hunt - if only for Pierre's shocking vocal performance!

Thankfully I haven't heard these played out for a long, long time.

Social source share

Always hated the Shakers ' One wonderful moment ' = bloody awful, and played to death multiple times at Cleethorpes, Peterborough, etc in the late 70's, also always disliked Terrible Tom, Nolan Porter ' Only be sure ', Benzine ' Village of tears ' . - could probably compile a list as long as an arm if i had the time and inclination !!

Social source share

I'm shocked at some of the records mentioned being 'hated'.

Not judging at all, just shocked.

Manifesto? Eddie Foster? Carstairs? Montclairs? Must cover 90% of what NORTHERN SOUL IS ALL ABOUT!! What DO YOU RATE!!

Maybe the next thread is:- Linda Jones, Just cant live my life, is a great Northern SOUL record, does anybody disagree?

Ed

Edited by tomangoes
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Useless records which should never have been played:

miss dee dee philips - hey little girl

mike mcdonald - god knows

king errison - zola

montclairs - hung up on your love

carstairs - it really hurts me girl

jc messina - time won't let me

ellingtons - destined to become a loser

happy cats - these boots are made for walking

baby dolls - got to get you into my life

the ellingtons - destined to become a loser? Good record IMO

Loads of people really like it and it gets played alot but I really dont like majestics-i love her so much it hurts

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!