Isley Bros. Shout Pt 2 One Sided Demo Rca Demo

Mattbolton

I know it's not the most sought after record in the world (though it IS one of the most exciting!) but thought I might find some joy on here.

I've got this one sided, green, UK RCA 'Demonstration Copy' of The Isley Bros. Shout Pt 2. It's date stamped.

As far as I can tell the 78 for this is pretty obscure, but I've never seen and can't find another. Any UK obsessive collectors out there help me?

Cheers.

M

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I HAD A COUPLE OF ELVIS ONE SIDED GREEN RCA DEMOS FROM A CAR-BOOT & I SOON SOLD THEM,

THERE'S UK LABLE COLLECTORS OF RCA ( LATE 50s / EARLY 60s ) THAT WILL GLADLY BUY IT OFF YOU I SHOULD THINK,

THE ELVIS ONES WERE ABOUT £50 EACH WHEN I SOLD THEM BUT THAT WAS A FEW YEARS AGO,

JOE,

No but Paul's right, for it to be a proper demo you need both sides really.

Social source share

I GUESS YOU'RE RIGHT PETE A REAL DEMO IS BEST,

BUT THERE'S A LOT OF COLLECTORS WHO LIKE THE OUT OF THE ORDINARY ONES AS WELL,

ONE SIDED / WRONG LABELS / BACK TO FRONT LABELS / MIS-SPELT TITLES / PIC-SLEEVES / OTHER COUNTRIES ETC.

JOE.

No Joe, what I mean is, up to 1960, all the London/Brunswick/RCA/Vogue demos came as two one sided discs, as a pair, so you need to have both the A side disc and the B side disc, but over time, they got split up and you usually only ever find one of the sides. To really be able to say you've got the demo you have to have both sides, but yeah I do it to, sell things as one sided demos, I've got a few orange London ones, Bobbettes etc.

Social source share

HI PETE,

GOT YOU NOW,

AS FOR 78s, MY MATE GOES TO THE ROCK AND ROLL RECORD FAIR IN LONDON AND HE SAYS SALES OF 78s HAVE FALLEN THROUGH THE FLOOR LATELY, I FOUND A COUPLE OF BILLY FURY 78s AND I ASKED HIM TO SEE IF THEY WERE WORTH ANYTHING AND NOBODY WANTED THEM, MIND YOU EBAY GETS TO MORE PEOPLE THAN A RECORD FAIR EVER WILL,

I DON'T LIKE POSTING 78s MYSELF AS IT'S A BIT RISKY,

JOE.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert