Bretby's 1St Anniversary Lp

Hi everybody my wife played me a track of the Bretbys 1st anniversary LP which was Gino Washington singing if this is love. Which I never knew he did does anybody know if this was issued or would it be a carver job sounds not that old cheers. :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi everybody my wife played me a track of the Bretbys 1st anniversary LP which was Gino Washington singing if this is love. Which I never knew he did does anybody know if this was issued or would it be a carver job sounds not that old cheers. :thumbsup:

Its on you tube mate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYOr7bJ0gsE

Good version...never heard it before. Bet you've got it Teddy boy :wink:

Social source share

This version is the UK artist Geno Washington and this version is either an un-released UK recording or something that came out on a Picadilly 45 or one of his albums, sorry to be so vague. This is not the Detroit Gino Washington, that came out on Atac, see the difference in their name spellings. I'm sure this was a UK studio acetate that Chris King had and thats why it ended up on the LP we put out.

Cheers

Dave

Social source share

PS, to my knowledge Detroit's Gino Washington, never did a cover version of this and there is no mention of one in the Atac or Gino discographies.

The LP it's self was some thing that Chris and I put out for the Bretby event. We both provided an un-released track each for it and I thought this was the one Chris provided. Mine was The New York City Walkers - Steady Flow. All other tracks we got permission to use for give away purposes. The NYCW, was a Tom Moulton acetate and he said we could use this track.

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

1. I Don't Want To See Myself (Without You) - Terry Callier

2. New York City Walkers - New York City Walkers

3. Just Loving You - Ruby Andrews

4. I Wanna Give You Tomorrow - Benny Troy

B Side.

1. Thats Why I Love You - The Professionals

2. 1 Gold Piece - The Prophets

3. Dearly Beloved - Jack Montgomery

4. Take a Giant Step - The Profiles

5. In My Tenament - R Grier

6. If This Is Love - Gino Washington

7. Fascinating Girl - George Lemons

Hope that helps Tony?

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

I only had it to hand because it was a mint car boot find for 50p at Studley car boot sale in the west midlands very recently indeed. I've never had any luck with vinyl finds and have never unearthed a gem but 50p.....You can't really buy owt for that kinds money eh? :thumbsup:

Social source share

I only had it to hand because it was a mint car boot find for 50p at Studley car boot sale in the west midlands very recently indeed. I've never had any luck with vinyl finds and have never unearthed a gem but 50p.....You can't really buy owt for that kinds money eh? :thumbsup:

I live in Solihull, it's been years since I found anything half decent at a local car boot sale!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!