ebay advice needed

Hi all, just wondered if anyone could give me a bit of advice.Bought a couple of 45's on 31st July and payed through Paypal the next day.Still waiting for the singles to arrive and I've emailed the seller twice now without a reply.Tried e-mailing him again today and so dont want to go into details on here in case its a genuine mistake.Any advice you can give would be gratefully accepted as Ive never had a problem before and so unsure how to proceed.

Cheers

Phil

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest ShaneH

Hi Phil. If you bought from the US I wouldn't worry too much yet. However the seller should be replying and letting you know when he posted the 45s. Some sellers will not post until a few days after receiving the money and the average delivery time is about 7/10 days but can be longer. I have had to wait over 6 weeks in the past.

I hope they arrive soon for you mate and remember you have some kind of cover when using Paypal. Give it a week and if you have not heard anything report it to paypal and they will investigate it for you.

Shane

Social source share

hi

sometimes they can take a few weeks to arrive longest i had was 7 months but that was unusual.

if he has posted air mail normally a couple of days but if sea then can take 2/3 weeks.

were they expensive if so log on to paypal site i think you may be covered by their ins.

also if you paid on your credit card and more than £100 you can claim of them.

also on ebay check the services tab there is something on there for non arrival of goods.

hope this was some help

mark

Social source share

Hi Phil

Whats the sellers feedback score like? This is usually a good indication to how they trade etc.

Like the other posters have said, it could be just postal delay from USA. Im still waiting for something I bought and paid for nearly 6 weeks ago, and thats only coming from about 8 miles away!!

cheers

Paul

Social source share

Hi , firstly thanks for the speedy replies - greatly appreciated.

The seller is based in the UK (I'm in Ireland) and I've actually had three seperate parcels of 45's from the States won around the same time which have been delivered.Yer man's feedback scores were all OK and as I say it may be a genuine error but my main worry has been the lack of response to my e-mails.

Thanks again for all the help - guinness owed all round!!!

Phil

Social source share

Reading this thread about some peeps 6-8 weeks wait is not unusual....

About February 2003 I bought 5 off the same US seller.... had stuff off him before with usual 6-10 day delivery.... to cut a long story short, and the content of many exchanged e-mails, I'll cut to the chase.... the package of 5 arrived in late June/early July....20-22 weeks (ish).... the surprising bit when they arrived was the US post stamp date of February, as stated by the seller, was on the package....!!!!

Queried this "slight delay" with our Royal Mail/Post Office service who took the query "to deal with" and responded by letter, and I quote from digging it out and looking at it (? why saved, don't know)....

"....these things can happen, some packages may get mislaid or wrongly placed at the receiving airport by the contracted handlers, thus meaning a delayed delivery. This can also involve being re-shipped out of the UK, and probably the following recipient country(ies), only to be returned at some later date....." "....we can only apologise for your delay in receiving the item and any inconveinience this may have caused you. These things have been known to happen, unfortunately, but only on very rare occasions.... blah,blah,blah.,blah...."

Still gob-smacked at this....

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Hi

I had this problem with a copy of the BeeJays-"I'll find you"

Seller would not answer mails etc. After a month and a half I used the 'Dispute' option on ebay

(Go to your 'my ebay' page, click on 'dispute resolution' in left hand column) This then gives you the sellers address and 'phone number. I called them, and they were very apologetic, promised to mail straight away, and the 45 was here in a week! The direct approach works wonders, when you can actually speak to them, things can get done! Hope it works out.

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

I HAD RECORDS SENT FROM THE STATES AND IT TOOK 9 WEEKS FOR THEM TO ARRIVE........THEY HAD BEEN OPENED BY BRITISH CUSTOMS OFFICERS....AND FOR SOME REASON IT HAD TAKEN THEM 6 WEEKS TO RESEAL THEM AND SEND THEM TO ME..........ASSHOLES !!!

Social source share

Hi all, just wondered if anyone could give me a bit of advice.Bought a couple of 45's on 31st July and payed through Paypal the next day.Still waiting for the singles to arrive and I've emailed the seller twice now without a reply.Tried e-mailing him again today and so dont want to go into details on here in case its a genuine mistake.Any advice you can give would be gratefully accepted as Ive never had a problem before and so unsure how to proceed.

Cheers

Phil

As I've said on a different thread, both Paypal and Ebay need you to let them know within 30 days to be totally covered by their insurance. I've waited longer than this for 45s before and they've eventually turned up, save for one parcel which never did. As I was out of time I lost it all (having said that it was only $25 so it could have been a lot worse). I'd keep trying to email the seller, but to be safe, you need to lodge within 30 days - check out the ebay and Paypal sites. You've got nothing to lose by lodging your claim - if the seller is legit it will probably hurry them along a bit. Good luck!

Rich

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!