How Should A Record Be Packed?

NUFCSOUL

Here's my Diplomats record - 2x loose pieces of card and a floppy one layer bubble wrap envelope!!

All the way from the USofA as well and the guy says he sends all his stuff like that.

Trouble is he put the full value on the slip as well - cost another £40 due to customs.

Did get a FULL refund though...phew!!

Anyone beat this and what do you expect?

post-8115-0-23289800-1314977397_thumb.jp

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Scandalous!! well at least you have an orig label to pip on your box, unless its an unforgettable B side...

I wonder if the great fold down the middle was done due to it been thrown about, I've had some sent that must have already got a fold in the cardboard, inviting the inevitable crack!!

Mal.C.

Social source share

Here's my Diplomats record - 2x loose pieces of card and a floppy one layer bubble wrap envelope!!

All the way from the USofA as well and the guy says he sends all his stuff like that.

Trouble is he put the full value on the slip as well - cost another £40 due to customs.

Did get a FULL refund though...phew!!

Anyone beat this and what do you expect?

OUCH....

Touch wood I've always been lucky ...

Best wrapped ever came in between two sheets of ply wood about 1/4 in thick.....bubble wrap & polystyrene worms

Do like it when you get extra records as stiffeners (mostly rubbish) but it's the thought that counts....

Best in UK defo R.Domar excellent packing skills a true master of the craft........ :hatsoff2:

Social source share

I had one come yesterday in one of those card mailers where you can get about three records plus card packing, there was just the one record though, no card mailers and a piece of that bubble wrap about 5 inch square. I could hear the record move about as I shook it, luckily no damage.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!