Gladys Knight & The Pips - (Artist Of The Week)

45cellar

• Replies 43
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I'll post the obvious. For me one of the great double siders. This promo is same both sides. Is there a promo of Stepping Closer to Your Heart on S35023? I know there is on S35034. Sure I've got both label designs for S35023 issue, see if I can find em out tomorrow for the set.

post-5677-0-10482100-1315522657_thumb.jp

. . . . and one non northern that is just brilliant for the voice alone

post-5677-0-74850700-1315522995_thumb.jp

Social source share

watch out for 'keep an eye' - a sleeping monster of a tune - at the moment if u know what i mean.................

Which happens to be the other side of the very first "import" record i ever bought-"Didn't You Know You Have to Cry Sometime" is simply phenominal.

Also have soft spot for Friendship Train and the other side-You need Love Like I Do( may to time to give it a revival)

Ain't You Glad You Chose Love :thumbsup:

Stop & Get A Hold of Yourself :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This could become quite a list

ATB

Tony

Social source share

• 7 years later...

Where do you start with an artist who stands at the very pinnacle of our music. Best part of 60 years Gladys has been turning out brilliant record after brilliant record. Legend is overused but she really is one. She is simply one of the greatest singers caught on tape.

This is one of her more contemporary recordings but its a neat reworking of the Commodores Zoom and shows that the pipes are still in very good order.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

just had a quick look and it does seem that tickets are still avial for this show ?

Gladys is still a brilliant performer.  She has really looked after herself and the voice is still fantastic.  Her two female backing singers were tremendous, as was the male backing singer.  Just don't expect any Motown numbers with the exception of "Grapevine". I'd certainly recommend her show.

Social source share

55 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Gladys is still a brilliant performer.  She has really looked after herself and the voice is still fantastic.  Her two female backing singers were tremendous, as was the male backing singer.  Just don't expect any Motown numbers with the exception of "Grapevine". I'd certainly recommend her show.

Can remember DJ'ing this from the album with penned Sam Dees tracks all over it from 1983

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!