Calendar Girl - Good Night And Thank You

chrissie

Wise words Chalky.

Promoters, please use one national calendar and have a bit of thought for other promoters and, more importantly, for us paying punters.

I looked at a "southeast calendar" once, I think it included Rugby, Devon, Prestatyn and Cleethorpes, discontinued venues and incorrect and missing dates.

Charity fund raisers - good luck, it can be hard work raising funds as many of us know. Please don't try to morally blackmail others, it's a big turn off.

Best wishes to you all.

There are other events on there that people from our area travel to and would be likely to affect numbers in our own area. There are discontinued events on there because the calendars posted on this thread are over 12 months old.

QoFxx

Social source share

There are other events on there that people from our area travel to and would be likely to affect numbers in our own area. There are discontinued events on there because the calendars posted on this thread are over 12 months old.

QoFxx

QED - We need one national up to date calendar.

Regards.

Social source share

QED - We need one national up to date calendar.

Regards.

This was set up for local promoters to avoid clashes and NOT as a calendar of events for the UK and is a rolling 12 months. It helped promoters plan their events up to 12 months in advance on a rolling 12 month basis. If you bother to read Warren's comments on the Calling London Promoters, link an earlier post you will see that many local promoters have found it usefull.

It has been running for about 6 years after we had had a lot of clashes and bollotix in our area and we have not had any major porblems until now.

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
Social source share

This was set up for local promoters to avoid clashes and NOT as a calendar of events for the UK and is a rolling 12 months. It helped promoters plan their events up to 12 months in advance on a rolling 12 month basis. If you bother to read Warren's comments on the Calling London Promoters, link an earlier post you will see that many local promoters have found it usefull.

It has been running for about 6 years after we had had a lot of clashes and bollotix in our area and we have not had any major porblems until now.

QoFxx

I wish I hadn't bothered.

Social source share

Hey Chrissie

For your own gig/health think your better emailing or phoning the other promoters directly rather than hoping their gonna read through your mailouts (If they havnt asked to go on list then why would they). In my view regular nights have preference over one offs, all you have to say is im planning a do on x if its a prob let me know soonest. You only need to ask the guys who do regular events. Get everyone to use here to check, apart from Skank in Park, there was another event posted on SS for The Pheasant and Molly had a Modern Soul Night in Russell Park Club too. Your mailouts should be more a "whats on" aimed at dancers. Anyway peace to all in sunny Bedford :)

Social source share

Danny

May I say that I do not see my self as a promoter or DJ never have done. Just do one charity gig a year and dust off the vinyl for a bit of fun every now and again and when I am asked to.

Hey Chrissie

For your own gig/health think your better emailing or phoning the other promoters directly rather than hoping their gonna read through your mailouts (If they havnt asked to go on list then why would they).

All promoters in the area are copied as a matter of courtesy, I have put Pottsys events on the calendar prevoisly to hopefully prevent clashes in the local area and have been given the details of some of his earlier events by him or Geoff and Hammie.

In my view regular nights have preference over one offs,

Totally agree

all you have to say is im planning a do on x if its a prob let me know soonest.

I planned this date in August 2010 for 2011, how much more notice do you think i should give, I cant be expected to call every single promoter in the area so the calendar was seen as the best way of communicating amongst the promoters in the area and has worked fine until now.

You only need to ask the guys who do regular events. Get everyone to use here to check, apart from Skank in Park, there was another event posted on SS for The Pheasant and Molly had a Modern Soul Night in Russell Park Club too. Your mailouts should be more a "whats on" aimed at dancers. Anyway peace to all in sunny Bedford

The whole point of the mail out, when it was started was to help promoters plan events as far in advance as possible and NOT to publicise events to punters and up until now we have managed to avoid the stupid bollotix and in fighting that was going on in the area 6-7 years ago.

And saying I should ask the "guys" (mmmm is this a touch of the old sexism raising it's head on the scene again, though we go rid of that 30 years ago) who do the regular events agghhhhhhhhhhhhh that's the whole point of the calendar. I doubt if Stweartby was even booked in August last year for this september.

I do one event a year and have changed the dates previously so as not to clash with Wellingborough and Filthy Soul. So I took the next available date and circulated it 13 months in advance. What more could I do. There are many on here that will tell you that I do everything I can to attend and promote as many events as possible in the local/London/Herts area, unfortunately due to finacial situation I do not visit as many as I would like but still plug them and make sure they are publicised amongst our own travelling band of soulies.

QoFxx

Social source share

Hi Chrissie,

Copying them doesnt mean they are gonna read it or take on board changes. (maybe there email, wifi, laptop is down) its unconfirmed communication.

Am not upto speed with events in Beds but I know the Stewartby one has been going a while so out of courtesy before i had even confirmed a date/venue for myself I would ring them directly and run it past them, rather than hope they noticed my plans in a general email. As you agree regular ongoing events have preference.

You would surely only have to ring/txt a handful of folk,

in my terminology to use Guy is a non sexist remark, I would have said you should have asked the blokes, fellas, males... :lol:

With 3 other events on, one being the big annual Skank in Park, not on your soul/Ska/mod/RnB mailing list ? I would side with getting all to use SS, tho you never cover all bases

Anyway am sure you checked with the Skank crowd for next year :wink:

Take it easy

Social source share

Hi Chrissie,

Copying them doesnt mean they are gonna read it or take on board changes. (maybe there email, wifi, laptop is down) its unconfirmed communication.

Am not upto speed with events in Beds but I know the Stewartby one has been going a while so out of courtesy before i had even confirmed a date/venue for myself I would ring them directly and run it past them, rather than hope they noticed my plans in a general email. As you agree regular ongoing events have preference.

You would surely only have to ring/txt a handful of folk,

in my terminology to use Guy is a non sexist remark, I would have said you should have asked the blokes, fellas, males... :lol:

With 3 other events on, one being the big annual Skank in Park, not on your soul/Ska/mod/RnB mailing list ? I would side with getting all to use SS, tho you never cover all bases

Anyway am sure you checked with the Skank crowd for next year :wink:

Take it easy

I have not checked with the SKank in the Park lot for next year as that does not have a major effect. However, it isn't just two or three local promoters I would have to ring as the support for this event is not predeminantley local although it has had good local support in the past. I have friends and regular DJs who travel from the Midlands, the South Coast, Essex, London, Hertfordshire etc.....

Anyway, I think this has now run it's course let's move on. Just to re-iterate my date for next year is

1st September

...................and as I said earlier. Thank You And Good Night.

QoFxx

Social source share