Steel City Soul - City Limits - Friday Sept 2Nd

Tezza

Bug up to all who attended The Steel City Soul Club at City Limits on Friday Sept 2nd. Thanks to Tony and the boys for giving me the opportunity to play for the assembled masses. Had a great time and played a few old Sammys classics. I was joined by Rob Wickes and Martin from Route 61 who both, by what I could see, had a good time too.

If you enjoyed my spot then pop down to The Crooked Spire Soul Club at The Phoenix in Chesterfield on the 23rd.

Thanks once more and see you again next month

• Replies 3
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Bug up to all who attended The Steel City Soul Club at City Limits on Friday Sept 2nd. Thanks to Tony and the boys for giving me the opportunity to play for the assembled masses. Had a great time and played a few old Sammys classics. I was joined by Rob Wickes and Martin from Route 61 who both, by what I could see, had a good time too.

If you enjoyed my spot then pop down to The Crooked Spire Soul Club at The Phoenix in Chesterfield on the 23rd.

Thanks once more and see you again next month

Hi Terry,

Good to catch up with you again on Friday.

I posted this in the recent events thread but its all a bit confusing on here until the threads are joined up.

Yeah another great night at City Limits and good to catch up with a few friends that we've not seen for a while.

Really enjoyed it and had a great laugh with Wicksy as we were handing over on the decks

Classic oldies, underplayed and a few unreleased sounds made it a real musical treat, particularly, Pusherman (Terry) and the alternative version of the Bottle (Rob)

Thanks to Tony and Cliff for asking me to do the 12-1 spot, it was a real pleasure to follow Terry and Wicksy and I really enjoyed it.

Martin

Edited by Guest

Guest Old Soul

Numbers down a little from the last time I was at The Steel City Soul Club at City Limits, :( but as they say its not the quantity but the quality, :thumbsup: and boy was there quality there on Friday. From the DJ's to the lovely soul people attending.I especially enjoyed Martins spot :yes: even though I had to leave before he was finished, I even saw pictures of Rosie's flowers!!!!!! :g: KTF

Numbers down a little from the last time I was at The Steel City Soul Club at City Limits, :( but as they say its not the quantity but the quality, :thumbsup: and boy was there quality there on Friday. From the DJ's to the lovely soul people attending.I especially enjoyed Martins spot :yes: even though I had to leave before he was finished, I even saw pictures of Rosie's flowers!!!!!! :g: KTF

First time at City Limits for some time and just got to say how much we enjoyed it.

Top drawer music all night in the Northern room and really got to agree with Oldsoul, we planned to leave at 12.30 but Martins spot kept us there until 1.00, definitely our kind of music. :thumbsup:

KC

Edited by Okeh