new radio show

Guest James Trouble

Guest James Trouble

at last ian and i have pulled our socks up and done a new radio show. however, i'm afraid we cocked it up at teh end because the minidisc ran out and it all went quiet before we finished. oh well, we'll rerecord it for next week, and in the mean time you can hear 1 1/4 hours of hard northern, sublime crossover, heavy funk, funky modern soul and drunken waffle.

Click here to listen!!!!!

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest James Trouble

Here's the playlist, i hope you enjoy...

Freddie Wilson "In Born Soul" BGP (unreleased master tape. we get so excited about this kind of thing, how can something this good lay unused for 30 years? .)

Orgone "Funky Nassau"

King C "Funk pt2"

Gold "What About The Child"

Parisians "Twinkle Little Star"

Johnie Howard "The Chase Is On"

Ree Flores "Look Into My Heart"

Curtis Liggins Indication "What It Is"

Other Brothers "No Class"

-A personal message from the godfather of soul

Cookin Bag "This Is Me"

Hank Johnson "You Lost Your Thing"

BAB Band "Party (and get on down)"

Barbara Lynn "Mellow Feeling pt1"

Harris and Orr "Spread Love"

Pages "Heart Aches and Pain"

Timeless Legend "I Was Born To Love You"

Hermon and The Boys "We Are The Boys In The Band"

J T Allen "Working Hard"

Candi Bars "You're The One"

Pat Brown "The Good Got To Suffer For The Bad"

Del Larks "Job Openning"

Heem and The Music Monsters "Wake Up People"

Shirley Williams "Ease It To Me"

One of Ian's, I can't remember the name of it.

"Reality"

Blue Rhytm Combo "Too Old"

And then the rather sudden finish. We'll record a new show ASAP with a good finish.

Social source share

Here's the playlist, i hope you enjoy...

Freddie Wilson "In Born Soul" BGP (unreleased master tape. we get so excited about this kind of thing, how can something this good lay unused for 30 years?  .)

Orgone "Funky Nassau"

King C "Funk pt2"

Gold "What About The Child"

Parisians "Twinkle Little Star"

Johnie Howard "The Chase Is On"

Curtis Liggins Indication "What It Is"

Other Brothers "No Class"

-A personal message from the godfather of soul 

Cookin Bag "This Is Me"

Hank Johnson "You Lost Your Thing"

Harris and Orr "Spread Love"

Pages "Heart Aches and Pain"

Timeless Legend "I Was Born To Love You"

J T Allen "Working Hard"

Candi Bars "You're The One"

Pat Brown "The Good Got To Suffer For The Bad"

Del Larks "Job Openning" 

Heem and The Music Monsters "Wake Up People"

Shirley Williams "Ease It To Me"

One of Ian's, I can't remember the name of it. 

"Reality" 

And then the rather sudden finish. We'll record a new show ASAP with a good finish.

Great show James! What's the info on these crackers.

Jordi

Freddie Wilson "In Born Soul"

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

I must say that i rather enjoyed the show when i gave it a listen last night and was particularly impressed with

Freddie Wilson "In Born Soul"

John

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Thanks guys...

For Jordi:

-The Fredie Wilson has just got it first ever release on BGP. It's pretty fucking good, and if you head over to Jazzman Records' website you can buy it there. It's a double sider as well with an unreleased track from the Houston Outlaws.

-The Ree Flores "Look Into My Heart" is pretty rare. It has a funk flip as well, that is ok. It's taken me an age (and too much money) to get hold of it, and not only is it one of the best soul records ever made IMO, it's also one of the few funk records that gets played on the soul scene. Here's a scan of the flip:

reewoman.jpg

The Blue Rhythm Combo "Too Old" is a new discovery this year. It's on Twirl Records. I assume it's pretty rare, but it was possible to pick a couple of copies up recently at around the £175 mark. Very few known copies though.

Johney, I think there are alot of people after the Hermon and the Boys track, myself included.

The BAB Band (I believe, but will probably be proved wrong as these things almost always turn up in the end) is only owned by myself, Keb and Simon Thompson. It's a shame non of us get booked to play on the modern scene really, because I think it could work really well on a soul crowd. crybaby.gif

And the Barbara Lynn we have talked about on 'rare soul forum' already.

Thanks for the feedback, sorry about the sudden ending to the show, and rather drunken links. clown2.gif

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Who knows James, if Snowboy can blag a spot maybe there is hope for you too LOL ;o))))

JoT

That bloody Simon Thompson has got some damn fine records btw and a super dooper chappie to boot ;o))

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Who knows James, if Snowboy can blag a spot maybe there is hope for you too LOL ;o))))

JoT

That bloody Simon Thompson has got some damn fine records btw and a super dooper chappie to boot ;o))

Is this the same Simon "yeah mate, it cost me five quid mate" Thompson we are talking about? tee hee, he's a propa schlag.

Everytime I speak to him these days he's changing nappies, so he's well and truely under the thumb by the sounds of it. Whcih is nice, because it means there are more records for the rest of us.cool.gif

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Is this the same Simon "yeah mate, it cost me five quid mate" Thompson we are talking about? tee hee, he's a propa schlag.

Everytime I speak to him these days he's changing nappies, so he's well and truely under the thumb by the sounds of it. Whcih is nice, because it means there are more records for the rest of us.cool.gif

Yup same guy last time i spoke to him he had that unmistakable odour of Johnsons baby powder mixed with stale baby excrement!!!!!!! Didn't he guest on your show earlier this year???

John

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

He sure did. He played that luvuly New World "We're Gunna Make It" record, amongst others.

He's a laaad!

BTW, Johnny, would you mind changing your avatar, I find it really offensive.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

He sure did. He played that luvuly New World "We're Gunna Make It" record, amongst others.

He's a laaad!

BTW, Johnny, would you mind changing your avatar, I find it really offensive.

I'd love to Jimbob but i have been forced to adopt a Boy George theme for the week and this was the most manly picture of him that i could find ;o))))

JoT

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I'd love to Jimbob but i have been forced to adopt a Boy George theme for the week and this was the most manly picture of him that i could find ;o))))

JoT

dontgetit.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!