Next dates November 13th & December 11th

JOIN Angelo, Brian the Baker, Ben Summers, 'Jackie Wilson' Charlie

& me Paul Capon on the second Sunday of each month

@ The Red Lion - Hoxton Street Hoxton Square London EC2

(nearest tube Old St. / Liverpool St.)

5pm 'till 11pm

Playing Crossover, Vampy Northern & loads of 70's

PAUL CAPON Tel: 01708 501576 Mob: 07812 582042

EMAIL: xoversoul'at'ntlworld.com (replace 'at' with @)

PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU WANT EVERY FUTURE LIST EMAILED

All records are M- or EX unless stated.

Quality trades welcome. I can play anything over the phone.

LIST Y CDs now available:-

CD1 Sales CD - FULL VERSIONS of all items marked 'CD1' = 28 MONSTER TRACKS!! PRICE £4 inc. post. (Hard case - colour insert)

CD2 Sales CD - SAMPLES of all track marked 'CD2' - £1.50 inc post

CD3 Sales CD - SAMPLES of all track marked 'CD2' - £1.50 inc post

Sample CDs contain 1 -2 minute samples of 60+ tracks per cd.

POSTAGE RATES? - see bottom of list

FIRST UP - - John Manship will be auctioning the following 7 items for me over the next few weeks.

Mail me if there is a specific item you are interested in and I'll let you know when the auction starts and ends. Or keep and eye on his site:- https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/auction/auction_view.htm

No.

CD? ARTIST TITLE LABEL £ uk

cd1 cd1 J J Barnes Lonely no more / Get a hold of yourself Ultra rare detriot double header Mickay's Manship - BID ex

cd1 Sam Butler 12" I can't get over The ultimate rarity on a 12". I'm only aware of one other copy. SRI Manship - BID M-

cd1 Electric Express Hearsay Crossover monster - I've NEVER seen another copy. Key-Vac Manship - BID vg+

cd1 cd1 Carl Hall What about you / Who's gonna love me ULTRA RARE ISSUE. Both sides are FANTASTIC records. Columbia ISSUE Manship - BID M-

cd1 Otis Jackson Beggin' for a broken heart 'MEGA' rare (sorry!) 70's dancer. Mega Manship - BID M-

cd1 The Montclairs Hey you, Don't fight it AWESOME TUNE - all time favorite of mine - MINT COPY Arch Manship - BID M-

cd1 Ogletree Brothers Gonna keep a check on you Monsterous crossover. Has a number of scuffy marks but plays VERY strong VG+ Treetop Manship - BID vg+

CD1 SALES CD = 28 FULL TRACKS - £4 inc post (hard case+colour)

(includes ALL the above tracks + 21 more of the big tunes listed)

SET SALE ITEMS START HERE @@@@@@@ SETSALE ITEMS START HERE

cd2 ************ 100% Pure Poison You keep coming back Great UK only midtempo dancer. Copy looks EX but has about half a dozen needle marks which cause light crackles in places for the first quarter of the record. EMI uk ('sample' sticker on B side) 80 vg+

A way of life 12" Trippin on your love Great 90's dance version of Staple Singers. A few surface marks but plays great. Pic sleeve Eterrnal 12" 5 vg+

Barbara Acklin Am I the same girl What an uplifting 60's dancer. Highly recommended. Brunswick (drill hole) 15

Na Allen I was telling her about you Soulfull mid-tempo Janus 15

cd1 cd2 Na ************ Allen ************ Thanks for nothing TOTAL MONSTER CROSSOVER DANCER. VG+ copy but plays very strong with some light crackles in the first third of the record. Clears to an EX player ATCO dj 150 vg

Ambassadors Good love gone bad/ I've got to find happiness Two great sides Atlantic iss 30

The Ambers I love you baby / Now I'm in trouble Nothern monster backed with a superb mid-tempo masterpiece. Verve (wol) 25 vg+

cd2 American Gypsy 10,000 miles Lazy dancer that really hooks when the chorus kicks in. I'm suprised this hasn't really taken off - GREAT TRACK - recomm. Chess 9

Joe Anderson You & I 70's dancer - same backing as Bill Summers - 'I can tell' on Soya (this is also on this list) Buddah 20

The Antwans Ain't no love Great version - great dancer Snawtna 25

The Artistics So much love in my heart Classic northern Okeh 25

cd2 Jimmy Beaumont Our day is here Great version of the huge track by J.P.Robinson on Blue Candle Drive 25

The Beck Family I don't know what you're coming to Brill 80's stepper midtempo - recommended Art 30

Madeline Bell Picture me gone / I'm gonna make you love me classic northern Phillips 10

cd2 William Bell The man in the street Superb overlooked track. Recommended Stax 10

Archie Bell & Drells I just want to fall in love Nice group. Mint unplayed Atlantic dj 6

Archie Bell & The Drells LP 'Tighten up' MINT SEALED EXACT REISSUE Contains the two MONSTER tracks "1000 Wonders" & "When you left heartaches began" Atlantic 20

cd2 George Benson My woman's good to me Fantastic atmospheric crossover dancer. Nice DJ copy too! (a bit of label lifting on one side) A&M dj 40

Big Jim's Border Crosing You're good for me girl Zanzee dj 15 vg+

cd2 J.B. Bingham She's gone J'B's other release on UA. Builder with a fantastic chorus. UA dj 20

Bob & Gene It won't go left field 70's mid tempo Modo 30

cd2 cd2 The Bobbettes It's all over / Happy go lucky me Northern double header. Recently seen for well over £100. RCA Victor dj 75

cd2 Angela Bofill What I wouldn't do (for the love of you) Classic late 70's steppy dancer Arista dj 8

Bottom & Co. Spread the news midtempo from the 'Gonna find a true love' people Motown dj 20

cd1 ************ BPS Revolution Brotherly love SUPERB crossover dancer. One to watch Jewel 100

Brass Construction Movin' classic tune!! UA 10

Brief Encounter Crazy about you / We're going to make it midtempo 70s Seventy 7 8

cd2 Charles ************ Brimmer ************ This feeling is in my heart Superb crossover. Broadmoor 80

cd2 Ramona Brooks Skinny Dippin Quality classic stepper Manhattan 20

cd1 ************ Brothers of Love Check my love / You changed me Superb group crossover from 1969. B side is also good - strong beat/northern soul. Mike Terry arrangement & Jessie James production - need I say more!!!!! Blue Rock 75

cd2 Brothers of Soul Dream / Candy 'Dream' - classic Bridges/Knight production. Superb version of The Creations on Zodiac Shock 40

cd2 Brothers of Soul Come on back classic northern. VG copy that plays really strong with some crackles. WOL. Boo 45 vg

Alex Brown What would you do without someone to love From the lady that brought you 'I'm not responsible' on SUNDI. Great crossover (small writing on label) Tangerine (TRC) 15

James Brown People wake up and live / Give me some skin Great soul side which is prettyunlike most of his stuff. Ace funk side on the B side Polydor 20

cd2 Larry ***** Brown ***** Breaking training Great modern dancer Fireworks 125

cd2 Maxine Brown Seems you've forsaken my love Ballad & then some - off the 'Out of sight' LP TOTALLY RECOMMENDED Epic dj 20

cd2 Maxine Brown Let me give you my lovin' FANTASTIC 60's - highly recommended. Another bliind buy if you don't know this. Wand 40

Nappy Brown Coal miner early R&B Savoy 35 vg

Norman Brown Everybody likes it ace modern dancer Sound Town 30

cd2 Richard Brown Sweet and kind Good under-rated old Stafford spin Steeltown Inc. 15

cd2 Willie Brown Love that stranger Lovely left field mid-pacer with haunting vibes.Ben Summers has been championing this one at our recent gigs. Tri-It 20

Doug Brown & the Ones Give it to the one you love midtempo 70's Street 10

cd1 Maxine ************ Brown ************ LP 'Out of sight' Inc 'Don't leave me baby' with same backing as Willie Kendricks 'What's that on your finger' on RCA + the fabulous 'It seems you've forsaken my love' & others Epic 150

The Butlers Laugh, laugh, laugh northern Phila 15

Bobby Byrd I found out / They are sayin' northern Federal 35

cd2 Carolyn Byrd Give him your everything one small scuffy mark not affecting play - otherwise M- Lionel dj 35

John Byrd I can't stop loving you, girl 20thCent dj 12

cd2 Esther ***** Byrde ***** Touch me, take me 100% original copy Survival UK 100

Carl Carlton Don't walk away Backbeat dj 10

cd2 The Carstairs It hurts me girl Pink issue original of this classic tune Red Coach 50

J.T. Carter Closer to your heart classic northern. Has some light marks - plays EX DJ stamp on lbl Decca dj 90 ex

Penny Carter He can't hurt me no more / Why did I lose you Two full on beat ballads with all the big production - horns, strings & things. Verve dj 20

Sharon Cash LP 'same' Inc 'To get him back ' - great ballad Playboy white dj LP 8

cd2 Cate Bros. LP Inc 'Can't stop' - great unknown midpaced dancer. SEALED COPY Asylum 20

The Cavaliers I've gotta find her Northern RCA Vic DJ 50

The Celestials Chain reaction / Keep your hands off my baby classic northern dancer - double sider Sl dirty lbl RCA dj 40

Gene Chandler I'll make the living if you make loving worthwhile out and out classic Chi Sound 5

cd2 Gene Chandler Simply call it love So underrated this 70's dancer. Mercury 8

cd2 Gene Chandler Let me make love to you Really great swinging dancer also RARE CANADIAN RELEASE Recommended 20th Cent 7" or 12" Canadian 45 8 8 10

cd2 The Chants Girl, I've been trying Rare UK only 70's midtempo dancer Chipping Norton UK 40

Chapter 3 I'll never be the same Classic uptempo dancer New Moon 10 vg+

Lee Charles Girl, you turned your back on my love Pure class. Superb vocals. seen recently for £30 Bamboo 15

Sonny Charles Put it in a magazine 80's classic Highrise 3

cd2 cd2 The Cheers Take me to paradise/ I made my mind up Superb double header. Northern classic backed with a SUPERB group sound mid-pacer. Recomm Okeh 45

Ava Cherry I just can't shake the feeling stompy dancer from 1980 RSO 4

Pauline Chivers Stopped Great beat balllad O-pex iss dj 10 4 vg

cd2 Circle O'Fire Have it your way Uplifting summer soul from 1978. Nothing like the normal Stax sound Stax 25

cd2 ************ Citation Inspiration of my life / We've come a long way Monster midtempo stepper from 1980. Wicked funk track on the B side. ONE OF MY BIG FAVS. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Red Line 100

Jimmy 'Soul' Clark If I only knew then (what I know now) Karen 8

Tony Clarke The entertainer / Landslide Classic finger snapper backed with a great northern dancer Chess UK (molded lbl) 10 vg+

cd1 ************ Clausel *************** 12" Let me love you" FANTASTIC 80's. midtempo dancer RECOMMENDED!!!! Tunes of this quality from the 80's are SO hard to come by now. First 12" copy I've ever had for sale. This copy has a small 'paper in vinyl' mark that causes a LIGHT sound for 7 turns of the record. Up Right 12" 125

Willie Clayton Livin' with you, but my heart is somewhere else Southern feel ballad Sky Hero 5 vg+

cd2 Brenton Colbert Don't have to think twice Altantic City 12

Nat King Cole Who's next in line YES - great soul! Capitol 8

Natalie Cole I wanna be that woman midtempo from 1987 EMI/ Manhattan 4

Natalie Cole Annie Mae great 80s Capitol 6

Willie Collins Don't stop now Quality midtempo soul midtempo - great production - recommended Panic 20

The Commands Don't be afraid to love me Clasic group sound/northern. Writing - 'OK' on label. Hard to please or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dynamics 50 vg+

cd2 Earl Connelly Make up your mind / Don't let me go Great punchy double header. 'Mind' is a big production dancer with all the horns & strings. 'Don't' is a punchy dancer Maycon 15

The Continental 4 The way I love you Brill dancer Jay Walking 15

The Controllers LP ' Stay' Inc the mega stepper "Stay" MCA 7

cd2 Chuck Corby Complete opposites crossover MONSTER. This has everything in the right places! Chess 30

cd2 ************ Cordial Very special love (12" only release) VIRTUALLY UNKNOWN -FANTASTIC UPTEMPO 70s DANCER. Played by Andy Etheridge at Soul Essence. VERY OBSCURE 12" ONLY 'B' side! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED Rolmiar 12" 75

Danny Cox LP 'Feel so good' Inc ' You can't hold me back' Casablanca 10

cd1 ************ Crack Steppin ************ LP 'Same' (soundtrack) Inc 'What we gonna do with this feeling'. MEGA RARE stepper. Taped seams. GET DOWN 250

cd2 The Creations I've got to find her 70's group harmonies Globe 25

Creative Source Who is he & what is he to you Sussex 4 vg+

cd2 Crosswind 12" Fire (it's getting hot) Top notch dancer from 1987 Harbour City 12" 50

The Cruisers Take a chance x over group sound Gamble 10

cd2 Jerry Cummings All I do is think of you indie soul from 1978 with an 80's feel Mecca 15

Helen Curry Love him in return girl mid-pace. Ja-Wes 20

Cut Glass Rising cost of love Orthea Barnes vocals on this classy midtempo 20th Cent 20

cd2 Johnny Daniel & the Soul Malibu's Make me feel so go Lovely southern feel dancer. Great horns. SMR 25

Richard Darbyshire This I swear rare on a 7" Dome 15

David I'd be a millionaire Left field groover. label damage Scorpio 10

David & the Giants Super good feeling Crossover midtempo. Records like this will have their day. Fame 20

Tyrone Davis All the waiting was not in vain Classic Dakar 4 vg+

Theresa Davis & Jerry Butler I can't stop (lovin you either) Classic dancer from 1985 DJ Records 20

cd2 The Debonaires How's your new love treating you / C.O.D. suberb crossover girl group sound from Detriot. Golden World 25

cd2 Kiki Dee LP 'same' Yes I know!! Great soul out of the Motown camp and it shows. Inc 'I'll try something new' which is a great midtempo and 'Love like a warm kind of sorrow" aswell as a great version of 'Ain't nothing like the real thing" MFP/Motown 15 10 vg+

cd2 Sam Dees & Bettye Swann Just as sure classic Dees duet Big Tree 45

Jimmy Dotson I used to be a loser classy big production soul. Great vocals from Mr Dotson. Volt dj 30

cd1 Joe ***** Douglas ***** Crazy things Top notch 60's / northern. Playhouse 150

Gene Dozier & The United Front The best girl I ever had Mercury wdj 15

The Dreamlovers You gave me somebody to love 60's builder. Mercury 15

cd2 The Drew-vels It's my time Another big favourite of mine. Patty Drew with her two sisters on vocals Capitol 35

Doris Duke The feeling is right An under-rated tune if ever I hear one. Great crossover in the Pat Livingston / Shirley Karol vein. Canyon 10

cd2 Bobby Dukes Just to be with you Lovely original version of The Elements on Saru. You just don't see this around anymore. First one in ages!! I'd forgotten how good this was until I put it on the CD!!! Calla Calla dj (instrumental 40 4

The Duncan Brothers Make me what you want me to be great group harmonies - newie very strong Capitol 20

Louis Dyer Lonely drifter / I wanna make love to you two nice dancer Little Star 10

cd2 The Dynamic Tints Package of love Superb punchy group soul on one of my favourite labels!!! Track penned by Bobby Reed & produced by Syl Johnson. Twinight iss Twinight wdj Twinight iss 30 30 25 vg+

The Dynamics She's for real (bless you) / Voyage through the mind two great 70's midtempos Black Gold 10

cd2 Ronnie Dyson Lady in red Uplifting Philly style dancer - hard to find nowadays especially on an issue Columbia 25

Clifton Dyson & Gwen Matthews I'm giving up The PRIMO cut from the rare 'AFTER HOURS' mini LP. QS 10

The Earls It's been a long time coming / My lonely lonely room Two good sides. VG+ player. ABC 20 vg

Gail Eason Have a good day Her other release - another TK subsidary label/ Dash 3

Ebony Rhythm Funk Campaign Oh baby 70's IR Innovation II 5

Dee Edwards It comes to my attention Morning Glory 5

cd2 John Edwards Vanishing love Another great track by Mr Edwards BOTH ARE QUALITY TUNES - RECOMMENDED Aware 10

cd2 John Edwards Messing up a good thing Superb 70's mid-tempo - a classic. Also nice white DJ copy Aware iss Aware dj 8 12

Lorraine Ellison I dig you baby / Don't let it go to your head Both sides are great. I Dig is a great mid/ballad and the flip is a strong dancer MGM G plays VG+ 5 g

The Enchanters I paid for the party group 60s' Loma dj 15

Barbara Jean English Breaking up a happy home Overlooked 70's dancer Alithia 12

Enternal Family We've got to give more of ourselves FANTASTIC midtempo stepper /dancer. glad a few of these have turned up over the last year or so - great record Communi- cation 60

The Ethics Look at me now / Think about tomorrow uptempo dancer/ ace mid tempo Vent 12

cd2 Betty Everett LP 'There'll come a time' Inc 'You're falling in love' - ace crossover & a cracking version of 'The same old me' + more (2nd copy - couple of light marks - nothing to worry about) Uni 30

Betty Everette Unlucky girl Outstanding finger snapping dancer - great version - recomm UNI 15

cd2 Betty Everette I can't say no you you Mega production and monster vocals as you would expect. UNI 5

cd2 The Fabulous Kays It's too late / Take me back Really nice double header dancer. The 'Late' side does it for me! Uplifting dancer Jardin 15

The Falcons Standing on guard ./ I can't help it classic northern Big Wheel 20

Barbara Favorite Then I'll be true Crossover dancer. Can't remember the last one I saw. Back Beat 20

Jessie Fergusson One sided deal powerful ballad/ builder 12 O'Clock 3

The Fifth Dimention It'll never be the same / California Soul Big production beat ballad with the strings, horns & harmonies. Backed with a group version of the California Soul classic Soul City 8

cd2 Finishing Touch Sunshine and promises / mono Wicked midtempo group. Unknown to me until recently - superb stepper .RECOMMENDED Philly Groove dj 20

The Flamingos Thinks about me Left field mid-tempo Worlds 12

Sam Fletcher More today than yesterday outstanding vocals from the guy who did 'I'd think it over' on TOLLIE rarity Vault 12 vg

Flint Emeralds You don'y know that I love you / It's all a bad dream northern punchy dancer backed with nice deep soul. Very collectable label Coconut Grove 30

cd2 Four Flights All I want is you Nice on a 7". Modern dancer Almeria 35

cd2 Four Mints Can't get strung out / In a rut Superb group midtempo. Lovely production. Capsoul 20

cd2 Four Mints Can't get strung out / Why did I go Superb group midtempo. Lovely production. Same release number as the above with a different B side!!! Capsoul 20

cd2 Fourth Creation I think I would cry fantastic midtempo - very obscure TOTAL RECOMMENDED Daran 70

The Free Movement I've found someone of my own Decca 2 vg+

Louise Freeman How could you run a way Top notch ballad. recommended London UK 8

Friends No you - no me Up 15

Funky Comm'cation Committee Baby I want you great mid tempo Free Flight 6

Peggy Gaines Sweet way of living / Just to satisfy my baby Reforee 15

Gaslight I'm only a man early 70's group dancer Grand Junction 15

Green Brothers Sweet lovin' woman Tortoise 20

cd2 Howard ************ Guyton ************ I watched you slowly slip away THIS IS A VERY RARE BLUE ISSUE!!!!!!! Classic Northern SOLID VG+ play grade Verve ISSUE 100vg+

Horizon They don't make em like you Rare modern soul dancer AAA 30

Hot Bush Tell me that you will Classy stepper. All sorts of weird prices on this upto £150!!!! Priced sensibly here. APA dj 35

cd2 Thelma ************ Houston ************ LP 'Thelma Houston' FOUND ANOTHER COPY and this is the BEST CONDITION COPY I'VE SEEN!!!! Vinyl is MINT - cover has a few small creases M-. Inc the MONSTER 'Nothing left to give' Mowest UK 125

cd2 Tommy ************ Hunt ************ Just a little taste FANTASTIC SLAB OF DEEP SOUL. Never got properly released and remained a promo only item. Why this didn't get a release is beyond me. Light marks - still EX & Plays EX. 'X' on label & 'new' in biro Dynamo dj promo only 60

Willie Hutch LP 'Fully exposed' Inc " I wanna be where you are" Motown 15

cd1 cd2 Frederick ************ Hymes III ************ Time ain't gonna do me no favor Total monster 60's dancer. This was a £1000+ record that I dreamed of owning but thankfully some copies were found last year. Drying up now. (look what happened to Betty Lloyd's - I'm catching on on BSC - it's back up to £400+. Fab Vegas 170

The Hymes Sisters Walking around town Great northern dancer JerJimHan 65

cd2 Imperial Wonders You live only once Great 70's dancer. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED Solid Foundation 40

cd2 Impressions I'll always be here HIGHLY recommended dancer Curtom 20

The Impressions First Impressions classic group sound Curtom UK 3

cd1 cd2 Lou Jackson I can't belive you said you love me Great crossover dancer with a jazzy twinge. I am certain this is actually Lou Johnson doing a bit of moonlighting!!!! This track found it's way onto a Kent CD. Spring ISSUE 70 ex 50 vg+

Walter Jackson It's an uphill climb to the bottom One of the all time greats. One hell of a record!!!!!!!! Lovely wdj. Just had to play this when I was sorting the list out - superb! Okeh dj 20

cd1 cd2 Brenda ************ Jones ************ Big mistake Soul with a jazz twinge. Really tough to find nowadays. SUPERB RECORD (Lovely white DJ (date written on label in biro) Mercury dj 150

cd3 Emanuel ************ Laskey ************ Just the way (I want her to be) great mid-tempo - another artist that hasn't made a bad record!! Music Now 65

cd2 ************ Lazerus LP only track Includes the UNKNOWN MONSTER MID-TEMPO DANCER 'Brown Eyes'. Discovered by a friend Charlie M from London who discovered Beres Hammond 'Do this world a favour' & John Valenti 'Why don't we fall in love". A future one for the 'Soul Essence' crowd I'm sure!!!! 75 60 ex

cd3 cd3 Otis Leavill Baby / Can't stop loving you Northern backed with great ballad/stepper. Books at £200 Brunswick dj 75 vg+

cd3 Tommie Lee That's the way I want to live my life great modern /stepper Capitol dj 70

cd1 Keni ***** Lewis ***** What's her name Ultra rare (labels reversed) Buddah 300

cd1 cd3 Bobby ************ Long & The Dealers I gotta have love too Tremendous northern crossover Lovely M- dj Old Town dj 125

Lost Souls It won't work out Blue label version Glasco 15

cd3 Love, Peace & Happiness Strip me naked Mega soulful mid-tempo RCA 20

cd3 cd3 Luther LP 'This close to you' Great LP from the recently departed Mr Vandross. Inc the mega modern dancer 'Don't wanna be a fool' and the great mid tempo ' Follow my love' Cotillion 45

cd3 Benny Mahan What you never had / She knows how Northern A side with great 'R&B' B side. Old Stafford play. The rare first release before "Pompeii' Scratch 35

The Manhattans That new girl great group sound Carnival 10

cd3 Holly ************ Maxwell ************ Only when you're lonely Unplayed copy of this northern classic Constellation 120

cd3 Bobby McClure Never let you get away Quality tune on this very collectable label. A few plays by the right person and this'll fly Cedric 50

cd3 Jay W. McGee LP 'Over and over" Inc the SUPERB LP only dancer "over and over" and other great tracks 'What you trying to do to me" & "you bring out the best in me". My last 3 copies of this now Scorpio (Canadian only) 45

Billy McGregor Mr Shy Another superb beat ballad. Just waiting for a few plays then watch this one go Flash 12

cd3 Mighty Clouds of Joy Glow love Very 'playable-outable' quality dancer from 1980. Myrrh 20

cd3 Jesse ************ Mitchell ************ Don't be so eager/ It could have been different 'Eager' is a total monster modern dancer which has been one of my favourites for years. Which only ever surfaced on the B side of this obsure 12". TOTALLY RECOMMENDED JDM 12" 75

cd3 Rocky Mizell & Sugar Rock Band LP ' same' Inc the FANTASTIC TRACK 'Never never girl'. A total 70's monster . Yet another TK prod. Drive 50

cd3 Johnny Moore Just be for real Awesome tune. Hard nowadays. (anyone seen an issue?) Brunswick dj 75 60 vg+

J.E. Morgan By my side great mid-tempo - Detroit Theoda 20

cd3 David Morris Snap, Crackle, Pop Superb 70's dancer. If you like Brothers Guiding Light 'Getting Together' then you'll love this (he was the 'David' lead singer on this!) Plush 60 60 ex

cd3 Kim Morrison One in a million Great punch soul similar to Marcia Himes - 'You gotta let go'. Malaco US Jet UK Jet UK 20 25 15 vg+

cd3 Azie Mortimer Telling a lie / Haunted Brill crossover dancer on this mega obscure label. Written by Jeff Perry & Carl Davis and produced by Willie Henderson - hows that! Similar vocal style to Donny Mann. Bloomie 50

cd3 Na-Bers Search no more Stunning stepper. Virtually unknown. Loads of potential here. Survival 20 vg+

cd3 ************ Ninth Creation ************ I'm still your friend / Skin it back MONSTER stepper backed with a great funk piece. Nice white dj Clarama dj 125

cd3 The Originals LP 'Portrait of.. INC 'Don't stop now' ACE DANCER. Corner cut or groove cut on sleeve. 2nd copy is rare white label 'RARE FIRST EDITION COLLECTORS ISSUE' SOUL SOUL dj 30 50

cd3 Ovations Pure natural love Nice mid-70s midpaced dancer Chess 12

cd3 Tony Owens You got to pay the price Quality dancer Listening Post 25

cd3 Doug Parkinson LP 'I'll be around' Inc 'I'll be around' & 'Now you're on your own' . Australian only LP Southern Star (aus) 60

Pat & Pam I'm the one who loves you / I love you yes I do Two good sides Our Own 30 vg

cd3 Percy & The Image Band Catch a falling star Ignore the title - this is a superb 70's mid tempo - a recommend Count 35

Perfect Touch Merry go round Great modern soul Morning Glory 8

The Persuaders What is the definition of love Classy midtempo group 70's - Win or Lose 10

Esther Phillips LP 'Good black is hard to crack' inc 'Changin' Mercury 15

cd3 Susan Phillips Key in the mailbox fantastic crossover - top tune!!! All Platinum 30

cd3 Jay Player Love is the answer Great 80's uplifting dancer. Red & white second issue Bevnik 12" second issue 20

cd3 Jay ************ Player ************ Love is the answer Great 80's uplifting dancer. This is ORIGINAL 12" with the orange sunset label identical to the original 7" version (second issue is red and white label) Bevnik 12" ORIGINAL 75

cd3 The Players LP 'He'll be back' Outstanding LP inc three GREAT late 60's group dancers: 'Why did I love you', 'Why did I lie' + A little surface crackles in places . Last track side two 'Get hep to love ' skips - hence price Minit 30 vg

cd3 Pratt & McClain Whachersign Great funky soul with a Leroy Hudson feel. Recommended!!!! Also RARE issue released in Phillipines Reprise Reprise (Phil.) 50 45 vg+

cd3 Karen Pree Make love last forever Mega crossover - recommended Casblanca dj 65 vg+

cd3 Michael Prowtle What you're looking for is here Great modern dancer Castle 25

cd3 Sidney Joe Qualls LP 'So sexy' Inc 'I don't do this' - one of the best 70's dancers you'll EVER hear - period. Never released on an original 45. 20th Century 20th C Canadian 50 60

cd1 Bobby ************ Reed ************ The time is right for love / If I don't love you WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS ONES IN MY ALL TIME TOP 3 - One of the best double headers EVER. I have a dj or issue copy (I'm keeping one of them). Both play M-. (nb dj copy has a TINY mark on outer rim - does'nt reach the grooves) Bell ISSUE or DJ 450 ex 400 ex

cd1 cd1 Jimmie ************ Reed Jr. ************ I ain't going nowhere AWESOME CROSSOVER TUNE - I've NEVER had one of these for sale before Mercury (drill hole) 250

cd3 David Rhodes Hung up in mid-air Fantastic 70's dancer Chi-city 40

Henri Rich You've got fine lovin / Let's help I bought 'Fine lovin' from Blacknight years ago. Superb soul ballad/stepper. B side is a reasonable dancer with a beach feel. Guess 30

Willie Roundtree Another world BLOODY HELL - what a tune. Ultra soulful. SEVERELY RECOMMENDED deep soul Chelsea 50

cd3 Johnny Scott It's over GREAT modern steppy dancer. RECOMMENDED Portra 12

cd3 Andre Scott & Shotgun Cry in the arms of another A great Sidney Barnes penned 70's dancer with 60's flavour - a REAL crossover record. Sundance 25

Serenade When love is gone Tremendous 80's mid-pace dancer Recommended. Quality 80's stuff like this has virtually dried up Out Front 20

cd3 Silent Majority Frightened girl I've always loved this. Great midtempo with great harmonies. Nice dancer on the flip. Vg copy light surface noise Hot Wax dj 12 5 vg

cd3 Silk Falling in love isn't easy Great girl group sound. Nice yellow dj. recommended. Looks VG+ with a few scuffs BUT PLAYS EX Decca dj 45 vg+

cd3 Silk Falling in love isn't easy Great girl group sound. Lovely local release label Nation Time 55

cd3 O.C. Smith Just couldn't help myself / Together Underrated. Good midtepmo stepper Caribou 10

cd3 Smoke Oh Love (well we finally made it) Lovely take on this - a great groover!!! RECOMMENDED Mo Soul 20 15 ex

cd3 The Sound 70's I'll be waiting / It's for real Capitol iss Capitol dj 25

Stage IV Just another guy great 70's group version of Timothy Wilson on Buddah. Punchy dancer, great production Millie 20

cd3 Richard Starr Love is not a game Brilliant 70s midtempo dancer - one of my favorites. Another tune that the price will just fly up. TOP label - EVERYTHING I'VE GOT ON THIS LABEL IS GREAT!!!!! Stage Prod. 50

cd1 The Steptones Lonely one Rare detroit. Lovely mint copy. I'm not a big instrumental fan but the inst. on the B side is great too. Diamond Jim 250

cd3 cd3 Strutt LP ' Time move on' inc "Said you didn't love him" and the FANTASTIC yet to be picked up 'Funky sign" which is most definitely on my play list at the moment!! Brunswick 45

cd1 cd3 Bobby Taylor LP 'Taylor made soul' Inc 'Don't be afraid' - MEGA LP Gordy USA 55 ex

cd3 Roscoe Thomas American girl Virtually unknown - great crossover dancer. First release on the label. World Record 50

cd3 TNJ's Don't you forget about me FANTASTIC 70's group dancer - A MASSIVE FAVOURITE OF MINE. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED Chess iss dj 40 50

cd1 ************ TSU Toronadoes Please heart don't break FANTASTIC CROSSOVER The story goes that this record was never distributed - The band produced their own record and it never got a real release. As far as I'm aware all known copies have come directly from band members. Rampart Street 150

cd3 Two tons of Love What good am I without you Stunning version - superb vocals and mega production Paramount dj 60

The Unifics Sentimental man Kapp 15

Velvet Bet you if you ask around great 70's group harmonies Perception 7

cd3 The Visitors My love is willing and able / What about me Crossover - highly recommended. Both sides penned by Len Jewell. TRC (Tangerine) 40

cd3 Bobby Wade I'm in love with you superb mid-tempo Way Out 35

cd1 cd3 Cliff Wagner Exception to the rule Great northern stormer. Lovely dj copy too! Jewel dj 75

cd3 Wales ************ Wallace *************** We're not happy / That ain't the way TWO great side. Monster crossover. Couple of small marks on the 'Happy' side. Nothing bad at all Bashie ex 75

Dee Dee Warwick LP 'I want to be with you' Inc the monster northern dancer 'Worth every tear I cry' & also 'Do it with all your heart' etc. Mercury 50

Dee Dee Warwick Where is that rainbow CROSSOVER ace dancer Tough on a 45 now. Mercury 45

Anthony Watson I can't stop this feeling / Solid love affair Very nice 80's tune - recommended. B side is great too SRO 25

cd3 ************ We The People Making my daydreams real Classic 70's dancer. Top notch stuff! Has 1 second noise on run in. Otherwise looks and plays EX. Lion 100vg+

cd3 Weapons of peace This life's (about to get me down) rgreat mid-pacer Nice picture sleeve Playboy dj 20

cd3 Lenny Welch Just what I need modern mid-pace classic Big Apple 20

cd3 Anthony White LP 'Could it be magic' TOP NOTCH LP - packed with class Inc the GREAT 70's dancer ' Stop and think it over' & other GREATS like 'Never let you get away from me' & 'Yes you need love'. LOVELY WHITE DJ COPY. PIR wdj (timing strip on cover) 60

cd3 Michele White LP 'Sweet innocent' Yet another label out of the TK camp and it shows in the production. Includes some great tracks - 'Closer' is a great dancer & 'It's you my baby' a superb mid-tempo. Sunshine Sound 40

Marva Whitney Saving my love for my baby Storming northern classic Rare wdj Federal dj 25

cd3 John Gary Williams LP 'same' Inc the wonderful ' I believe the whole damn world is going crazy' In shrink wrap Stax 30

cd3 Lenny Williams Since I met you Another new thing to me - lovely mid-tempo with great production and vocals - RECOMMENDED Motown dj 15

Lee Williams & Cymbals Save it all for you Great crossover Gem Rare white DJ Black Circle dj 12vg+ 20

cd3 Windy City Hey it's over FANTASTIC punchy soul Warner Bros 60

cd3 Brenton Wood Better believe it great 70's dancer - recommended WB iss dj 35 35

cd3 cd3 Clara ************ Wood ************ You're after my guy / Old and grey Tremendous double header Both great dancers Imperial dj 100vg+

cd3 Timi Yuro LP ' Something bad on my mind' Inc 'It'll never be over for me' 2nd US copy has a couple of light marks Liberty US Liberty UK 30 30 ex 35

POSTAGE:

First 45=£1.50 then 20P each REC DEL or registered £4.25 (upto 8 45s) over 8 = £5

First LP/12"=£2.50 then 70p each REC DEL or registered £5.25 (upto 3 LPs) over3 = £6.30

Foreign: at cost - please ask (eg 1x45 airmail to Europe= £1.50 1x45 airmail to Japan= £2)

NEW SOUL BASH

Next dates November 13th & December 11th

JOIN Angelo, Brian the Baker, Ben Summers, 'Jackie Wilson' Charlie

& me Paul Capon on the second Sunday of each month

@ The Red Lion - Hoxton Street Hoxton Square London EC2

(nearest tube Old St. / Liverpool St.)

5pm 'till 11pm

Playing Crossover, Vampy Northern & loads of 70's

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1.4k