Your Nighter Dj Line Up

Guest Bearsy

if you could pick a dj line up for a nighter who would you choose and what order would you put them in, it would be a 10pm to 7am finish and it makes no difference if it was a rare nighter or a oldies nighter or an ATB nighter just a bit of fun and and insight, this is not about djs form the past this is about djs that are still doing djn in todays scene,

mine at this moment in the morning could be

10pm - 11pm, Dave Rimmer

11pm - 12am, Mick H

12am - 1am, Ted Massey

1am - 2am, Jumpin Joan

2am - 3am , Russ Vickers

3am - 4am, Karl Heard

4am - 5am, Andy Dyson,

5am - 6am, Dave Abbott

6am - 7am, Butch

could change later on today but i thinks a nice mix of everything i would like at a nighter :D

delete names and add your own and remember its jsut a bit of fun :hatsoff2:

Social source share

• Replies 60
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Will have a bash at my 'dream' line up a bit later Bearsy.....but think you need to find a replacement for Karl in your line up as he retired from DJing last year, to everyone else's loss :(

Social source share

Will have a bash at my 'dream' line up a bit later Bearsy.....but think you need to find a replacement for Karl in your line up as he retired from DJing last year, to everyone else's loss :(

ahh i think you will find Karl is djn at next Burnley so he counts :D if not then you can take his place Adam :D

Social source share

Pretty good line up! for me anyway! BUT, I'd put Phil Threlfall were you have Mick H, and Sean Haydon where you have Russ Vickers

:thumbsup::thumbup:

and they was 2 people i thought of too so maybe this afternoon they might be in the other nighter that clashed on the same night :lol: joke everyone :lol:

Social source share

ALFIE LINNEY - For those who like a bit of R'n'B, don't let it be said I am churlish, so gets the first spot for a warm up...

BOB POVEY (Bournemouth Bump and Hustle) and SHAY - Two hours double decking,..BOB playing a mixture of 70s-2011 Soul Music, with SHAY dropping in classic oldies and underplayed 70s gems...SHAY, the most under rated DJ in England, with his collection, particularly of 70s, how he is not playing at more rare and underplayed nights is beyond me...could be something to do with modesty....

ME, coz it's my do playing a selection of my all time fave records lol!

DAVE GREET - For those who like sublime Sixties and 70s Soul, every record selected with superb taste and oldies/newies quality guranteed all the way...

PETE WIDDISON and GUY COOCH rounding off the night, playing from GUY'S odies box to die for....

In short the line up I had for my 50th birthday two years ago and 258 people bringing the house down on a memorable night of music...(and god knows what else...)...

And - life willing - the line up I will be having on my 55th birthday in three years :hatsoff2: time!

Edited by rich chorley
Social source share

Good game Bearsy.

I'd change a couple

10pm - 11pm, Dave Rimmer

11pm - 12am, Mick H

12am - 1am, Ted Massey

1am - 2am, Jumpin Joan

2am - 3am , Keith Money

3am - 4am, John Weston

I'd have Keith & John double decking for the two hours

4am - 5am, Andy Dyson,

5am - 6am, Ady Croasdell

6am - 7am, Butch

Nothing against the ones I've changed, they are great DJs, I just like the one's I've added more.

Social source share

Good game Bearsy.

I'd change a couple

10pm - 11pm, Dave Rimmer

11pm - 12am, Mick H

12am - 1am, Ted Massey

1am - 2am, Jumpin Joan

2am - 3am , Keith Money

3am - 4am, John Weston

4am - 5am, Andy Dyson,

5am - 6am, Ady Croasdell

6am - 7am, Butch

Nothing against the ones I've changed, they are great DJs, I just like the one's I've added more.

Exactly Dave we all have more than say 7/8 djs that we would like in one night but we cant have them all so hopefully no one gets offended if they are i or out its just a bit of fun :thumbup:

ps, didnt realise you was so vain to include yourself Dave :lol:

Social source share

Good game Bearsy.

I'd change a couple

10pm - 11pm, Dave Rimmer

11pm - 12am, Mick H

12am - 1am, Ted Massey

1am - 2am, Jumpin Joan

2am - 3am , Keith Money

3am - 4am, John Weston

4am - 5am, Andy Dyson,

5am - 6am, Ady Croasdell

6am - 7am, Butch

Exactly Dave we all have more than say 7/8 djs that we would like in one night but we cant have them all so hopefully no one gets offended if they are i or out its just a bit of fun :thumbup:

ps, didnt realise you was so vain to include yourself Dave :lol:

ALFIE LINNEY - For those who like a bit of R'n'B, don't let it be said I am churlish, so gets the first spot for a warm up...

BOB POVEY (Bournemouth Bump and Hustle) and SHAY - Two hours double decking,..BOB playing a mixture of 70s-2011 Soul Music, with SHAY dropping in classic oldies and underplayed 70s gems...SHAY, the most under rated DJ in England, with his collection, particularly of 70s, how he is not playing at more rare and underplayed nights is beyond me...could be something to do with modesty....

ME, coz it's my do playing a selection of my all time fave records lol!

DAVE GREET - For those who like sublime Sixties and 70s Soul, every record selected with superb taste and oldies/newies quality guranteed all the way...

PETE WIDDISON and GUY COOCH rounding off the night, playing from GUY'S odies box to die for....

In short the line up I had for my 50th birthday two years ago and 258 people bringing the house down on a memorable night of music...(and god knows what else...)...

And - life willing - the line up I will be having on my 55th birthday in three years :hatsoff2: time!

Shay i totally agree an amazing collection and yep probably to modest a man :hatsoff2: not sure about that Rich Chorley fella though :wicked:

Social source share

Jimmy Saville ( jus for da kidz)

Jimmy Summerville ( for the small town boyz)

Guy Stephens

Rodger Eagle

Jimmy Jimmy (Your face is a mess)

Dave Evison

Jimmy jamm and Terry Lewis ( doing a retro new jack swing slot)

+ any other notable jimmy's who turn up on the night, all DJ do 12 min spots, 3 and a 1/2 records each, they all have to snap one in half!

Social source share

10pm - 11pm - Dave Rimmer

11pm - 12am - Ted Massey

12am - 1 am - Lars

1 am - 2 am - Tim Smithers

2 am - 3 am - Butch and Mick H

3 am - 4 am - Jumping Joan

4 am - 5 am - Des Parker

5 am - 6 am - Carl and Maria W

6 am - 7 am Adam Topping and Matt Male

phew!not enough hrs LOL

Edited by rach
Social source share

this afternoon i would like to hear on the next nighter the following night

10 - Keith Money

11 - Joel Maslin

12 - Steve G

1 - Spaghetti

2 - Nick Hackett

3 - Dave Welding

4 - Phil T

5 - Killa

6 - Fred Krol

mmmm wonder who will be in me Sunday night nighter on this fine bank holiday weekend :D

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

here's mine it,s not enough just to put a line up what time they're on is absolutely without doubt the MOST important factor...........sadly overlooked or not thought important by most........but one venue takes this task most seriously........thats why it,s good :yes:

10 til 11 killa

11 til 12 fred kroll

12 til 01 jumpin joan

1 til 2 bob hinsley

2 til 3 butch

3 til 4 cliff camfield

4 til 5 andy dyson

5 til 6 big danny

6 til 7 potsy & hammie

this line up kicks in all the right phases of a dancing niter big time............no dreary music

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

here's mine it,s not enough just to put a line up what time they're on is absolutely without doubt the MOST important factor...........sadly overlooked or not thought important by most........but one venue takes this task most seriously........thats why it,s good :yes:

10 til 11 killa

11 til 12 fred kroll

12 til 01 jumpin joan

1 til 2 bob hinsley

2 til 3 butch

3 til 4 cliff camfield

4 til 5 andy dyson

5 til 6 big danny

6 til 7 potsy & hammie

this line up kicks in all the right phases of a dancing niter big time............no dreary music

totally agree Terry and thats why i said to put the times down too and there has been some craking lists so far but a bit dissapointed no one has done a list for an Oldies nighter :huh: me ive mixed mine up to get a great mix through the night but as always i do like to finish a night wanting more cos the tempo has got me going right to the very end :thumbup:

Social source share

10 til 11 killa

11 til 12 fred kroll

12 til 01 jumpin joan

1 til 2 bob hinsley

2 til 3 butch

3 til 4 cliff camfield

4 til 5 andy dyson

5 til 6 big danny

6 til 7 potsy & hammie

totally agree Terry and thats why i said to put the times down too and there has been some craking lists so far but a bit dissapointed no one has done a list for an Oldies nighter :huh: me ive mixed mine up to get a great mix through the night but as always i do like to finish a night wanting more cos the tempo has got me going right to the very end :thumbup:

9 - 10 Phil Shields (highly underrated)

10 - 11 Ted

11 - 12 Joan

12 - 1 Mick H

1 - 2 Andy Dyson

2 - 3 Butch

3 - 4 Kitch

4 - 5 Karl Heard

5 - 6 John McClure / Big Danny

6-6.05 Kev H

Sorry Steve but your gonna have to lose the last dj cos the janitor wants to turn the lights off. Kev who ?? :wicked::lol:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

just a thought how many folk have heard the majority of the dj,s mentioned say in the last 2 years........myself i,ve heard 90% l reckon

Social source share

one thing i have noticed all through the day is all the djs that have looked on here but not posted :huh: suppose they are just seeing if they are loved or not :wave::lol:

Social source share

just a thought how many folk have heard the majority of the dj,s mentioned say in the last 2 years........myself i,ve heard 90% l reckon

ive only listed the ones ive had the pleasure of hearing over the last 2 years :thumbup:

Social source share

:lol: :lol:

Ignoring this user as well.

Sorry Steve but your gonna have to lose the last dj cos the janitor wants to turn the lights off. Kev who ?? :wicked::lol:

And you.

Social source share

I would also say around 90% .... it seems everyone has taken into account dj's and times .... we all have our different views on who we want to listen to and at what time :hatsoff2: The djs I listed are all ones I love to hear of course ...

Edited by rach
Social source share

mine would be, Butch, Keith Woon, Maxine Woon, Arther Fenn, Soul Sam, Ben Summers, Gavin Page, Ted Massey, Mick Smith and Edwin from South Wales and me should any of the above not turn up! :hatsoff2:

Social source share

in no particular order

dave greet

arthur fenn

ian clark

butch

andy dyson

mick h

shay

kitch

mick smith

Hey Trev, just heard your message mate, never listen to the bloody things, hope you got home alright after that day of very serious drinking in London the other week...! Good to see somebody else put GREETY on their list, when he played at LIFELINE about eighteen months ago, he was blinding but maybe we are just biased... :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Finishing of my marathon nighter weekend will be

10 - Callum

11 - Dr Pickles

12 - Adam tone deaf

1 - Steve C

2 - John McClure

3 - Big Danny

4 - Tim Smithers

5 - Sean Haydon

6 - Des Parker

fooking hell i woudnt sleep for a week after that lot :thumbup:

Social source share

A more serious contempory take from me this time,

2 x 1/2 hour intergrated slots from the following

Mace

Johhny (lowrider) Beggs

Ted colsaw, sorry Ted,

Des Parker

Karl Heard

Adam Topping

Dave Abbott

Gumbo Ya Ya

George Mahood

Diva Di

Rob, last hour, smith.

I could add loads of others just thought of killa, but you gotta stop somewhere.

Social source share

10pm - 11pm, Carl Fortnum

11pm - 12am, Alan Handscombe

12am - 1am, Martin Thomson

1am - 2am, Dave Flynn

2am - 3am , Irish Greg

3am - 4am, Jo Wallace

4am - 5am, Ginger Taylor

5am - 6am, Dave Abbott

6am - 7am, Butch

Social source share

the last d.j. is the janitor, he's just whistling a few tunes while he sweeps up

Edited by trev thomas
Social source share

oldies nighter line up in no particular order

dave greet

butch

mick smith

carl fortnum

steve whittle

soul sam

dave ferguson

pete widdison / guy couch

Edited by trev thomas
Social source share

the last d.j. is the janitor, he's just whistling a few tunes while he sweeps up

The Phantom Janitor whistling "no second chance"? (only at an "oldies" do of course....) :D

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

heres one for an oldies top 500 nighter

put ya box of oldies on the stage then let anyone up there one after the other in hourly spots .......playing out the same box....as it matters not who's playing........that is til 2 O'Clock.........then all go off to the nearest B&B or Travel Lodge with ya over night bag full o badges and get a good nights kip......then off home ta ya alottment :D :D :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!