JUST A FEW ITEMS BUT SOME NICE ONES

Pete.smith@freeuk.com if you’d like to order anything

01902 326306

ERIC MONTY MORRIS – SAY WHAT YOU’RE SAYING / TEARS IN YOUR EYES – NEW BEAT

Play grade is EX

Rare proper issued copy of this double sided gem in lovely condition

£40

THE CRYSTALITES – CHILDREN VERSION – TRANQUILITY

This is the B side to SCOTTY – CHILDREN CHILDREN which is good, but not as good as this, a mostly instrumental version of DERRICK HARRIOT’s production of KEITH & TEX’s classic TONIGHT. Absolutely brilliant.

Play grade EX- to EX.

£30

CLANCY ECCLES – KING OF KINGS – CLANCY’S BLANK

Stunning DJ version of TEARS IN YOUR EYES by the foundation DJ.

Play grade EX.

£30

(Apologies to whoever asked me for this, I left the email on my windows pc and I’ve gone over to a Mac)

TONY SCOTT – WHAT AM I TO DO – ESTICK BLANK

The vocal of course to LIQUIDATOR but what makes this unusual is that it’s absolutely superb condition.

Play grade a very strong EX.

£25

ROLAND ALPHANSO & THE SKATALITES – I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER / ALTON ELLIS – I’M JUST A GUY – COXSON

Killer double sider featuring The Skatalites version of the Beatles classic (aka INDEPENDENT ANNIVERSARY SKA) this is one of the best ever Ska instrumentals. On the flip, late rocksteady classic from the great ALTON ELLIS.

The label design is white, with stripes across the top half and the word COXSON in an arch in green lettering. I don’t know if this is the original or a later one, but it took me a long time to find it.

Play grade EX.

£40

THE HEPTONES – WHY DID YOU LEAVE / DON’T TRY TO REACH ME – COSXONE

Beautiful rocksteady from the mighty Heptones. Yellow label Coxsone original. Play grade EX minus.

£25

CLIFTON SMITH – I’M GONNA MAKE IT – TENNORS BLANK

Absolutely monstrous skinhead tune produced by George Murphy for the Tennors label in Jamaica, I think this was on one of the Big Shot LP’s so you may know it, only copy I’ve ever seen. Unknown instrumental on the B side. The white label has been coloured to make it look more interesting. Vinyl wise, it has clicks and pops but plays fine, nice and loud. Four or five on Popsike selling for £40 to £50.

Play grade VG.

£30

THE UPSETTERS – MY MOB / A TASTE OF KILLING – UPSETTER BLANK

Tremendous skinhead instrumentals from Lee Perry. Play grade VG+/VG++

£30

ANSEL COLLINS – SECRET WEAPON / REGGAE BOYS - PUSSY CATCH A FIRE – AMALGAMATED BLANK

Super instrumental cut to Watch That Sound with rude reggae flip.

Play grade VG+

£20

THE JAMAICANS – DEDICATED TO YOU / HOW CAN I – TREASURE ISLE

Nice green label Treasure Isle original. Has a little chip out of the edge, but it’s nowehere near the playing surface. Two beautiful rocksteady classics.

Play grade VG/VG+

£15

THE UPSETTERS – NIGHT DOCTOR / LEE PERRY – YOU CRUMMY – UPSETTER BLANK

Good skinhead instrumental with a belting vocal on the B side, You Crummy is crackly though, only grading at G+, Night Doctor a solid VG

£15

LORD CREATOR – MAN TO MAN / DON’T STAY OUT LATE – RANDYS

Not sure when this particular issue is from, looks like the original Randy’s issue but has the word VERSION on the label which wasn’t used until the early 70’s.

Play grade VG to VG++

£15

WINSTON WRIGHT – MOONLIGHT GROOVER / THE SENSATIONS – EVERY DAY IS LIKE A HOLIDAY – TREASURE ISLE BLANK

Instrumental to MOONLIGHT LOVER with early reggae classic flip.

Play grade VG.

£10

BIG JOE – SWEET MELODY / TONY BREVETT - HILLS AND VALLEYS – KING EDWARDS

This is a fantastic DJ version of THE GAYLADS – LOOKING FOR A GIRL, took me ages to find this, has a 1971 track from Tony Brevett on the flip.

Play grade EX

£25

CLANCY ECCLES – FEEL THE RHTYHM / WINSTON WRIGHT & THE DYNAMITES – I DID IT – NEW BEAT

This is a labeled issue copy but with handwritten titles. CLANCY ECCLES skinhead classic with an organ instrumental on the flip. From 69, this one never came out in the UK.

Play grade VG+ to EX.

£30

POSTAGE IN THE UK £2 RECORDED, OVERSEAS DEPENDS ON PRICE OF ITEM, I’LL QUOTE YOU.

PAYPAL IF POSSIBLE, ADDRESS IS AS MY EMAIL

CHEERS

PETE

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just found these on my jukebox, forgot I had them!

EL PASSO - MOSQUITO ONE / OUT THE LIGHTS BABY - UK PUNCH

No centre but nice VG+ copy, this is of course DENNIS ALCAPONE with a fantastic DJ version of You Don't Care/Barbwire. Ultra rare on Punch, it's usually found on Big Shot as it came out on both at the same time.

£30

THE CLARENDONIANS - RULES OF LIFE / I'LL NEVER CHANGE - UK ISLAND

Nice clean red and white Island in VG++ to EX shape

£25

THE WAILERS - LOVE AND AFFECTION - UK SKA BEAT

Great copy of this ska classic, one or two marks but strong playing VG++

£30

I ROY & THE JUMPERS - HOT BOMB - UK GREEN DOOR

One of my all time favourite DJ records, I just actually scratched this taking it off the jukebox and boy am I gutted. It plays with some slight clicking, not much, but it has marked it. Was going to ask £25, so now it's£15

PRINCE BUSTER - SHARING YOU / ROUGH RIDER - JA ORANGE BLOSSOM PRE

Wonderful rocksteady version of Sharing You, this goes for £100 on Blue Beat, backed with the first version of Rough Rider. NIce copy VG++

£40

OK thats it, if I find anything else I'll list it, cheers

Pete

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!