SteveM

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest the dukester

one on Manships auction now if you fancy wasting a lot of money.

This record is real proof that......... BEARS "DO" SHIT IN THE WOODS not_i.gif

Social source share

Think this is one of those tracks that when you first hear it you think what a great track it is, however after hearing a few times it don't sound so good. I've got it on C.D that I play in the car, I skip past it now when it comes on, thought it was brill when I first heard it.........

Social source share

How much then ?

Hard one to price.............I'm after one and people will tell you anything between £200 and £1,000.

One sold on ebay about 4 weeks ago for about £550 (can't remember exactly but I was second bidder and I think I bid about that much)

Lew Stanley has one up for auction at the moment.................whoops !!!!!! just blown my chances of getting that one now.

shout.gif

Social source share

Chalks, you should know better. This ain't a hard one mate. I've had at least 5 go through my hands within the past 3 years. In fact I have a spare right now, and I honestly don't think £150 to £200 is really that far out. I'll wait and see what the auction makes, and if some fool wants to pay £300-£500 then I'll go and find fool No. 2 and offer him my spare. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying it is rare but the £100 to £150 is a bit off the mark these days....personally don't think the £300-£500 is far off the mark today......the number of folks who ask about this both on forums and off list would suggest the demand is still there.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Chalks, you should know better. This ain't a hard one mate. I've had at least 5 go through my hands within the past 3 years. In fact I have a spare right now, and I honestly don't think £150 to £200 is really that far out. I'll wait and see what the auction makes, and if some fool wants to pay £300-£500 then I'll go and find fool No. 2 and offer him my spare. wink.gif

Andy don't mess about waiting for manship, sell it to me for a fair and reasonable price ...................you know it makes sense thumbsup.gifph34r.gif

JoT

Social source share

Andy don't mess about waiting for manship, sell it to me for a fair and reasonable price ...................you know it makes sense thumbsup.gifph34r.gif

JoT

I could be fool no 2 here John, even on your most foolingest day :P

Donkey, bear me in mind please. wink.gif

(Pun intended)

Edited by SteveM
Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

I'm not saying it is rare but the £100 to £150 is a bit off the mark these days....personally don't think the £300-£500 is far off the mark today......the number of folks who ask about this both on forums and off list would suggest the demand is still there.

Les Hare @ Kingbee records in Manchester sold one for 40 quid about 2 years ago.

I'm a little suprised to see it climbing so steeply , you don't fear another Frederick Hymes do you with a couple of boxes turning up ?

Social source share

Unfortunately, as with all 'Flavour of the month' records, price rise doesn't reflect rarity...

wait until everyones sick of hearing it and then give it a year on top, and the price will settle to what it should be.

think it will be a while before it settles down to a realistic price. currently £317 on JM auction :wicked:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert