Andy Dennison Revisits Shotts All Nighters On

FrankM

My guest on Saturday is Andy Dennison whose name is still attached to the legendary Shotts all nighters at The Allanton Miners Welfare Club. Andy will be hauling a box of records through from the East Coast and playing his selection on Reflections on Northern Soul on Saturday at 2:30pm on www.radiomagnet.com

Andy continues to DJ and he will be the guest at The Caledonia Soul Club on Saturday 26th November (Ryanair Cheap flights now available)

Whilst most of the show will be taken up by the great sounds from Andy's collection we'll still squeeze in a gig guide and a quick look at the prices on E Bay. ( Bill Bush eventually went for just over a thousand dollars if you tuned in last week). F you wish to pose a question to Andy or plug your club e mail me during the show at studio@radiomagnetic.com

Tonight I will be at Goodfoot at The Riverside Club in Glasgow for the 14th Anniversary with Guests Lenny Harkins and Colin Law playing the three hours from midnight. I won't be DJ'ing but I will be recording it for a reflections live special. The last time Colin and Lenny got together at Goodfoot it they produced a fantastic set much repeated on Reflections.

If you missed last week's show with Keith Keddie it is now on the archives. Click here or copy and paste

https://www.radiomagnetic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2473

If you scroll down to the bottom of the play list you will find a link to the show and you can then listen. .

I am revamping the archives to make it easier to find particular shows.

FrankM

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

He's coming through by train. I should have warned him about the gates :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to having him on the show. I'll have to restrict my intake of lager at Goodfoot tonight so as i will be awake and compos mentis to ask him questions.

FrankM

He's a train driver so as long as he is sober he should remember the gates okay, mind you Andy sober on a Saturday morning.....

Had hoped to pop through with him and finally meet you Mr Murphy but work calls, will enjoy Andys participation, one of the good guys out there, finally getting his 15 minutes :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers

Jock

He's a train driver so as long as he is sober he should remember the gates okay, mind you Andy sober on a Saturday morning.....

Had hoped to pop through with him and finally meet you Mr Murphy but work calls, will enjoy Andys participation, one of the good guys out there, finally getting his 15 minutes wink.gifthumbsup.gif

Cheers

Jock

I'm taking Andy on the train tomorrow ,he assured me he is staying in tonight

But i am meeting him the pub at 11.30

Hey Guys,

You`d think I liked a pint or two they way yer talkin`.I stayed in last night wi ma cheese and crackers and nice pot of tea,totally sober..................anyway it`s 07;45 and Porty Bar`s been open for 45 mins,I`ve slept in.

Hopefully I can play the odd entertaining number this afternoon for you lot.

Ridds see you on the 10th at the Belmont and the rest of you at the bar. wink.gif