Hesitations - Thats What Love Is

Patto

Thanks Guys only asked as its on a 45 and i don't buy LPs plus the Soul Superman album can be epensive these days

Simple - buy LPs !!! - better to listen to in house (and easier - your not up and down like a pair whores drawers) with some of the greatest Soul ever only available or better presented on LP, cheaper than 45's and great to look at to boot!

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Are These Soul Series U.K releases legit and playable out. This is its only release on a 45

Patto...........if you want to play it out then go ahead old chap. Ignore the soul police,theyre nearly always ballbags :huh: How does the playing of an original Lp make it any better ? OK, so its obviously the original but its not as if anyone other than whoever sells you the LP is making anything out of the sale. Certainly not the writer or the artist thats for sure.......Lifes too short for all that nonsense,just enjoy the music.......Brilliant track by the way..... And,if it is a bootleg,then at least they recognised the potential to put it on 45,unlike whoever actually owns the rights to it.......

Im thinking of entering politics now... :wave:

Best, Ivor

Social source share

• 10 years later...
On 23/09/2011 at 13:42, Patto said:

Are These Soul Series U.K releases legit and playable out. This is its only release on a 45

post-8522-0-81157200-1316781513_thumb.jp

Label looks like those that got done . However . It's on Discogs . So therefore must be legit . Last sold 140 quid . Backing same as Eddie Parker i'm gone . Is also on LP .

Social source share

14 minutes ago, Ladymidnight said:

Are you suggesting that being on Discogs makes it legit? Tons of things on Discogs that would struggle to qualify as legit releases.

Discogs have deleted all or nearly all which are not . Am not that bothered No is is answer . Regards whether is or not . Gave reply which seemed make scense . So if it is a boot . Perhaps you can share the knowledge  . Goes for 3 figures . 150 Top . So can't see a boot reaching that sort of money . Description of it . Description on Popsike British Release . No mention of being NOT LEGIT . So am happy in manner of my comment . Hope that helps . May take look at label producer give better indication . If they bought rights to track . Then released it . Then it is legit . Have added to my wants list . Cracking track . 

Edited by Soulfulmerlin
Social source share

22 minutes ago, Ladymidnight said:

Are you suggesting that being on Discogs makes it legit? Tons of things on Discogs that would struggle to qualify as legit releases.

21 minutes ago, Ladymidnight said:

Discogs have deleted all which are not . No is is answer . Regards whether is or not . Gave reply which seemed make scense . So if it is a boot . Perhaps you can share the knowledge  . Goes for 3 figures . 150 Top . So can't see a boot reaching that sort of money . Description of it . Description on Popsike British Release . No mention of being NOT LEGIT . So am happy in manner of my comment . Hope that helps 

https://rateyourmusic.com/label/sequel_records/

Licensed by Sequel records . Which is subsidiary of Pye .

Reissues and all rights owned . From what could find . So yes it is 

Social source share

12 minutes ago, Soulfulmerlin said:

Discogs have deleted all or nearly all which are not . Am not that bothered No is is answer . Regards whether is or not . Gave reply which seemed make scense . So if it is a boot . Perhaps you can share the knowledge  . Goes for 3 figures . 150 Top . So can't see a boot reaching that sort of money . Description of it . Description on Popsike British Release . No mention of being NOT LEGIT . So am happy in manner of my comment . Hope that helps . May take look at label producer give better indication . If they bought rights to track . Then released it . Then it is legit . Have added to my wants list . Cracking track . 

Cracking track indeed. I wasn’t commenting on this particular 45 being a boot or not. I was commenting on you stating that because it’s on Discogs it must be legit, which is simply not the case. Although Discogs have pulled lots of unofficial releases/boots, there are still plenty left — Mel Britt and Magnetics on Sable being two that spring to mind.

Social source share

3 minutes ago, Ladymidnight said:

Cracking track indeed. I wasn’t commenting on this particular 45 being a boot or not. I was commenting on you stating that because it’s on Discogs it must be legit, which is simply not the case. Although Discogs have pulled lots of unofficial releases/boots, there are still plenty left — Mel Britt and Magnetics on Sable being two that spring to mind.

Have no real issue . Seemed tad abrupt . Information can uncover . Not sure why 🤣 seems indicate may be legit . As Re-issue classification . Gather you can buy rights to track . Which pays credits to artist . 

Would be good one chat about at Soul nite or Nighty . Should it be played . My eyes playing tricks now . As medsbkicking . In . Nice chatting  

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!