Dj's Of Mable's 2Nd Tamla Release(1964)

Guest nittygritty915

Guest nittygritty915

Hi,

Can anyone advise me about a Disc involving Motown's First Lady Recording Artist and certainly first Lady Recording Artist on the early Tamla Label. She was prior a Blues Singer before She got to the mighty Motown in Detroit.

Who was this true piece of Black Female International Musical History, the Dear Lady's Name was, the very beautiful "Mable John" !

Motown released her twice on the Tamla Label once in 1960 and once later again on Tamla in 1964 with the same two track titles.....

1. Who wouldn't love a man like that (Produced by Holland, Dozier)

2. Say you'll never let me go (Produced by Clarence Paul)

Clarence Paul I seem to remember, later handled Motown's venture into anything other than the pure Detroit big Motown Sound. Or another way to put it, Clarence Paul handeled all of the local "Pop Groups" inc Garage Bands/Rock & Roll/ and all the rest of the Weird and Wonderful that didn't fit in with the regular Motown Sound Scene.

H and D, and or HDH need no intro !

On to my small 7" disc problem.....

Can someone tell me with the "later" Release of the above Two Tracks on the Tamla Label Rel No : T-54081 (1963)....

Is there anything like any form of White Label DJ Related Release >"WITHOUT"< a Tamla Logo involved. With just simply the word "TAMLA' in big Bold Black Caps and Detroit Michigan under the word "TAMLA". Floating around that anyone has sighted on any Web Site ?

I must admit I'm almost certain I've seen one somewhere "WITH" a Black Tamla Logo Graphic. I think it was stamped as simply a DJ Copy or DJ "Promo" Copy.

Yet I'm also aware, that there is at least one, that is Detroit Motown Company stamped as a.....

"Tamla White Label Disc Jockey Advanced Sample Disc"...

..... of the above, floating around "WITHOUT" a Black Tamla Logo Graphic. Just to muddy the waters further !

My second question is "if", there are several forms of White Label Disc Jock related Copies of the Tamla Label Rel No : T-54081 (1963) Release. Which one is the Rarer ?

I'll be very, very honest, if a touch over three months ago, you had said to me ..."Hey Dude, did you know there were even more than one DJ related copies of Mable John's later release of "Who wouldn't love a man like that" and "Say you'll never let me go"". I would probably have quickly replied, with "Sink Me, if I knew that".

Thanks for any help on this little DJ/Disc Jockey related dilemma of mine.

nittygritty915

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!