Recommended Record Of The Day, From Your Collection 2011

dthedrug

this is a nice group midtempo sound for those who like that!!

post-13482-0-95742600-1319436148_thumb.j

cheers

franc

GOOD CALL FRANC, GREAT DOUBLE SIDER, PLAYED THE OTHER SIDE "I WANT I GIRL" OUT ON SAT."

.WHERE IS SHE" ALSO CAME OUT ON A DOUBLE SIDED WDJ, BY FORMULA 12 , THE GROUPS NAME BEFORE BECOMING BLUE STEAM.

Social source share

GOOD CALL FRANC, GREAT DOUBLE SIDER, PLAYED THE OTHER SIDE "I WANT I GIRL" OUT ON SAT."

.WHERE IS SHE" ALSO CAME OUT ON A DOUBLE SIDED WDJ, BY FORMULA 12 , THE GROUPS NAME BEFORE BECOMING BLUE STEAM.

hi mick, it's the double sided w/d i have ....they just put the "blue steam" sticker on when the group changed name!..i actually prefer this more polished side and cheaper to obtain than the blue steam issue...

calvin and caamounts "i know my baby cares for me" catamount ........also a nice slowie on the label

Social source share

Here's mine I keep on playing - on US Mar-V-Lus

The Young Folk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx2HcUhjh1Q

HI Another great choice, OK! some younger members would feel that this is a cheap not rare soul? however this record was massive at BLACKPOOL MECCA when Tony Jebb played it, and back then, how many where aware it was still available at your local record shop on President? Dave

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest soulboy1965

Morning folks - here's mine for Wednesday and the last this week as I fly up to Glasgow tomorrow early doors, then hiring a car and off to The Isle of Mull for 4 days.

Again, not my utube clip but yet another tune courtesy of Mr Moerer a coupla months ago. :)

perfect tempo for me.

Social source share

Rance Allen - "Gonna be a showdown",UK Stax release (about 2.30 mins),,,,this is the remix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kj4yaKbJZA

From when I first heard this back in 1975 on IAN D's 'Stax Northern Disco Sounds', I have always believed that RANCE ALLEN'S vocal performance on this record is one of the greatest ever...And I still do. There are not appropriate adjectives to describe the heights and phrasing he uses on this amazing record...It does not need a remix version though, the original is magnificent enough... :hatsoff2:

Social source share

ONE OF THE FIRST LPS I BOUGHT STAX NORTHERN SOUL BRILLIANT

KEV

:hatsoff2: Hi great LP , the girl on the cover won the dance compitition at Cleathorps, she was from Granthem, a nice place to stop when going to Cleathorps, take a break, I mean time to break into a Chemists and load up, and stop about 10 miles out at the vilage caled Swallow, and do as the sign says, and have a great all-night chew from pier to peir, :g: yes a good pick :) DAVE

Social source share

ONE OF THE FIRST LPS I BOUGHT STAX NORTHERN SOUL BRILLIANT

KEV

LOL, my first ever compilation too. I was beginning to struggle by the end of Side 2 though. Shame John Gary Williams and Josie Armstead hadn't been discovered at that point..........

And whilst we're on Stax......

"I Ain't Particular" - Johnnie Taylor

Ian D :D

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL The First pick is from of me box, and was played at the Event of the Year "TORCH 11" last Saturday night, sounded excel ant, the vocal by BOBBY WELLS - BEACON 102 is rare on original yellow label and big at the WHEEL Manchester, however the Inst that come to the UK as ships ballast in 1971 was a TORCH spin "the PSYCHEDELIC THEME" It's got a nice flip side also :thumbsup:

post-13241-0-36030000-1319668806_thumb.jpost-13241-0-20960100-1319668842_thumb.j

:g: my record for today from in my box, is another UK Release on PYE INTERNATIONAL 7N 25492 "PUTIN IT ON, PUTTIN# IT OFF" Again this sounds right to me, and would easy fit in with much roarer current music, the A side is also excel ant more up-tempo, but a great dancer,

Again this is another recommended record and a bit hard to find, Value ISSUE £20+, DEMO £40+, If played demand could easy double the value.

this DEMO was £5 from EBAY, 2 GREAT SOUL SIDES ***** :shhh: SSHHUSH DAVE, KEEP IT AS A SECRET SOUND!

post-13241-0-90238700-1319668917_thumb.jpost-13241-0-60251500-1319668947_thumb.j

• Helpful 1
Social source share

My numero uno JACKIE WILSON track, as with the RANCE ALLEN record, a simply awesome vocal performance, again one of the most accomplished ever cut, a true musical genius at his peak with a voice made in heaven and a range no other artist could match.... :hatsoff2:

Edited by rich chorley
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Can you post the artist and title in the body of the post please, because when I'm at work, (which is where I read most of these posts :thumbsup: ) I can't see the videos that you're all posting due to the works firewall!

I am interested to see whats been posted, and I tend to check out anything I don't know or seem to have forgotten when I get home, as I never have time to read all the posts again.

Thanks All :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Morning folks - here's mine for Wednesday and the last this week as I fly up to Glasgow tomorrow early doors, then hiring a car and off to The Isle of Mull for 4 days.

Again, not my utube clip but yet another tune courtesy of Mr Moerer a coupla months ago. :)

Winstons "Need A Replacement" Curtom

perfect tempo for me.

Brilliant track! hope ya got an issue mate! Great double sider, just love "Aint Nothing Like A Little Lovin'" and play this side more these days :thumbsup:

steve

https://youtu.be/XLzY28l4KtQ

Social source share