Recommended Record Of The Day, From Your Collection 2011

dthedrug

Garnett Mimms Prove It To Me on UA.

Gave this a spin last night, what a quality soul record, paid $6 for a mint copy, great tune IMO.

Does this ever get played out anymore anyone?

Aid.

Hi Mrs,yes still gets plays,still sounds good.

Here's one from Dean Francis & Soul rockers...Uncle Ted,Sean Haydon amongst others spin.Hillside records.

For my buddy Arnie J. :thumbup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Been working all Christmas hope you all had a good un :thumbsup: thanks to all posters kept me going on my long run off nights :hatsoff2:

Back with this bit of pure modern Magic

Omar Ft Anggie Stone - Be Thankfull - Spun Records

Edited by miff
Social source share

Today we have ex backing singer for the Stones Merry Clayton who actually sang on there original version of Gimme Shelter giving her slant on the classic.Don't just love the scene when it embraces tunes like this.

Merry Clayton-Gimme Shelter ODE Records

Cheers

Martyn

What a voice, and what a performance Martyn! and an apt performer for this time of year! I believe Merry got her name from her folks as she was born on Christmas day. This southern soulstress should have had so much more aclaim imho.

Here's one of her first recordings from 1963, a great beat ballad fav. of mine, written by David Gates of Bread too!

Merry Clayton - "Nothing Left To Do But Cry"

steve

https://youtu.be/vcUvn7k0hDE

• Helpful 1
Social source share

What a voice, and what a performance Martyn! and an apt performer for this time of year! I believe Merry got her name from her folks as she was born on Christmas day. This southern soulstress should have had so much more aclaim imho.

Here's one of her first recordings from 1963, a great beat ballad fav. of mine, written by David Gates of Bread too!

Merry Clayton - "Nothing Left To Do But Cry"

steve

Steve

New to me but WOW!!! As you say what a voice.

Good job she wasn't born on Pancake Tuesday with her parents reason for naming there daughter :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

this is nice imo

If I am not wrong this is second time round for this admittedly brilliant tecord, posted earlier by ROD i do believe...DAVE where are you lol! We need that VOL 2 of this thread started soon mate!.... :hatsoff2:

Social source share

If I am not wrong this is second time round for this admittedly brilliant tecord, posted earlier by ROD i do believe...DAVE where are you lol! We need that VOL 2 of this thread started soon mate!.... :hatsoff2:

agree , getting hard to keep up with whats been posted, usually search before i post, must have missed this one
Social source share

would a volume two stop repeat postings? I can't see how it would? Only if you knew what was posted in each topic would you stop repeat postings. I agree it might want a new topic 30 pages a lot to go through in one topic. I can open one on Dave's behalf?

Social source share