Recommended Record Of The Day, From Your Collection 2011

dthedrug

Somthing a bit funky today Mitty collier "I carnt lose" Peachtree, writen . produced and arranged by William Bell

Good call...classic artist, great label, superb production....well worthy of needle time!

Anyone got a WD...all I seem to find are stock copies (one spare at £15.)

:g:

Social source share

In recovery mode after a cracking night at Driving Beat last night :facepalm:Here's a little cheapie that hit the decks last night & sounded brilliant played out loud,always gets plenty of plays in our house too.

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

For me this week it has to be The Puzzles (Fat back ) , what a double sider ...Initially I was attracted to My sweet baby with its smooth harmonies and treeeeeeeemendos build into a creeeeechendo of energy , and then I turned it over and found I need you , wwwwwwwwwwwwow ! so happy with this months purchase ... does it get any better ?

Social source share

Think Salmon means the other side of "I'll be hanging on",Martyn.

Soulqueen Kev

Either would do me,t'other side is a great oldie you never hear.

I reviewed both sides in my article in the last Soul Up North.

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

For me this week it has to be The Puzzles (Fat back ) , what a double sider ...Initially I was attracted to My sweet baby with its smooth harmonies and treeeeeeeemendos build into a creeeeechendo of energy , and then I turned it over and found I need you , wwwwwwwwwwwwow ! so happy with this months purchase ... does it get any better ?

One of my favourite oldies Carms, great double sider, like your choice :thumbup:

Social source share

Another one which is cheap as chips and really nice , its a tribute record to soul called .....Ole man Soul by the Implements , has a great feel good factor about it.

Nice group the implements haronies are really tight .. Nige got a nice one called look over your shoulder which caused me to look further and found this for under a tenner with postage :wink:

Social source share

no mate,GS107,i'll be hanging on/i can really satisfy

GS 106 blushing bride/giving my love to you

Blushing bride was also issued on atco retitled land of broken hearts,exactly the same as the green sea release

Yes,that's what i meant Salmon.The other side of "I'll be hanging on" is the one you've been playing - "I can really satisfy".

Didnt know "BB" came out on Atco... :hatsoff2:

Edited by KevH
Social source share

Today I'm mostly lovin'

Manuel - We Got To Make It Happen - Source 1974

Can't find a clip on Youtube and my pc is up the Khyber but you can find it on one of Boba's show archives about half way through the broadcast (42.00).

The URL for the broadcast is

https://www.sittinginthepark.com/1-18-2009.mp3

and the playlist is listed for the show for 1/18/2009 at https://www.sittingin...k.com/shows.htm

post-17206-0-47383800-1318795240_thumb.j

Edited by ClearVinyl
Social source share

ive got a version of this by a group called "Vigon" its a french label release a bit faster and punchier but the vocals sound identical ......

Vigon was a French/Morrocan based in France....did mostly cover versions.Will post his track the Spoiler if it's on youtube.His best track

Social source share

no mate,GS107,i'll be hanging on/i can really satisfy

GS 106 blushing bride/giving my love to you

Blushing bride was also issued on atco retitled land of broken hearts,exactly the same as the green sea release

Aren't you glad I told you that. :P

Titled as "Land of Broken Hearts"

ATB

T

Social source share