Margie Mills - Who Was She?

boba

This is totally a random question, but I'm wondering if anyone has any info on the singer Margie Mills who recorded on RCA and Vee Jay. After listening to her records I can't tell if she is Black or White or if her records are really soul or more "teen" type records. I googled and couldn't really find anything. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Marky Tee

This is totally a random question, but I'm wondering if anyone has any info on the singer Margie Mills who recorded on RCA and Vee Jay. After listening to her records I can't tell if she is Black or White or if her records are really soul or more "teen" type records. I googled and couldn't really find anything. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Margie Mills Well known pop star in the 60's in Melbourne Vic. Australia Originally born in Scotland. Started off on radio singing & then Swallows Junior on TV channel 7 & appeared on other live variety shows in Sydney & Melbourne Later moved to England/Los Angeles & then settled in

New York where she entertained and travelled with her own band. We lost Margie in April 2004¯»¿ with a brain haemorragh A hugh loss to the entertainment industry and to all that loved her .

Thanks to youtube

Social source share

Really bizzare to hear she might be from Melbourne.....played her RCA ballad "you'll know I'm around" a couple of months ago in bar in Melbourne city...always liked the record as it has a big city feel to it , big production and all that....funny then to think the voice came from sleepy 1960's Melbourne.

Social source share

• 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...
Guest alice hudson

I don't know if you'll even still be out there, but she was the daughter of a cousin of mine, an elder brother of my mother whom I never knew. I lived in Las Vegas when a mutual aunt in Glasgow (the younger sister of Margie's father) told me she was in LA doing auditions.  We met in LA a couple of times but the friendship never went anywhere. I just happened to look for her in the Internet recently, came across this, and that she had been living 90 minutes away from me in NYC for thirty years. I don't know how I came by that info. as I don't see it now. Too bad I didn't see this sooner and it might have been of help to you. Good luck.

Social source share

• 7 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!