Whats The First Tune You Play When You Spin Your 45S At Home?

Russoul1

• Replies 33
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Like to play a few ballads in the morning before I nick off to uni ...this morning I played the Notations 'i'm still here' on Twinight followed by Jo ann garrett "I've got to be loved' on DUO.....two nice Chicago flips to start the day.

man, you can't go wrong with those

Social source share

Today it was The Accents "You Better Think Again" yesterday was EG Taylor "You made me mad", and Sunday morning was Dean Courtney "Love You Just Cant Walk Away" :thumbsup:

Social source share

As I work away from home & only get back every few months for a few weeks, I will generally play my latest purchases of which there is usually a fair old pile by the time I get home. But there is always a pile of records by the Technics that I play through out the day, by the end of the week I'll get another pile out.......if I'm lucky enough to be DJing some where at the weekend, I'll spend the week playing through potential plays to get a feel for em.

Best Russ

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

hi all,

when i get the urge to play some tunes, i normally first play my lastest purchase/s, tonight it was

kenny lonas - do you believe - columbia w/d

what about you good soul folk?

always the latest acquisition whatever that may be...tonight it will be jeri & joe - without you babe

Social source share

Guest welshruss

Today,felt like a bit of Joey Negro for some reason,dont know why......The Sunburst Band - Days Gone By(joey negro northern disco mix).

And you know what....it really lifted me.

Edited by welshruss
Social source share

Today I only played 1 record .... Eddie Foster ~ I Never Knew ~ IN (bootleg w/d) ..... got it out to scan for thread in 'look at your box' so had to give it a spin while it was out :)

Social source share

today it was jean wells- putting the best on the outside (this record just proves that you have to listen to both sides of your 45's)

Social source share

One record i can never pass on by if i come across it whilst looking through collection is The Originals Baby I'm for real,an absolutely sublime piece of soul music and it still gives me goosebumps when i hear it.I bought this when first issued on T.M. in the U.K. The genius of Marvin Gaye ,it gives a preview of the What's Going On Album yet to come from the Master.

Social source share

Today it was The Accents "You Better Think Again" yesterday was EG Taylor "You made me mad", and Sunday morning was Dean Courtney "Love You Just Cant Walk Away" :thumbsup:

Flip the E G Taylor, tidy bit of soul.

Edited by ken
Social source share

Guest soul tim e

hello, seven days are too long,......chuck wood....

even played evryday seems like a month ago waiting for the next night out.

Social source share

today it was the constellations 'i didnt know how to'...tomorrow i hope it will be mearle speares 'aint no need' if the postie brings it!

dean

Love that constellations belting record to get you going in the morning.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!