Gary Haines

Guest soulmaguk

Guest soulmaguk

Recently bought the classic Gary Haines - Keep On Going. Just curious as to what Gary looked like, I really like this song and his voice, but was this Gary Haines :-

post-5890-0-26889400-1317809181_thumb.jp

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I'm 99% certain the picture above of Gary Haines is indeed the 'Sound' recording artist.

Always had a real soft spot for this 45 and have always felt that a more conventional 'soul' vocal would not have necessarily made for a better record.

Edited by garethx
Social source share

Pat Brady reckons the boot once sold for £100 on Ebay? :ohmy:

remember a few years back it was fetchin at least £50 every time it went on the bay, if i remeber rightly it was a very good look-a-like

Edited by grant
Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

You pad thirty quid for the boot?

Probably not Simsy, does the scan of the actual 45 look like a boot? anyway, no point paying silly money buying minters of rare recs in my opinion, minters are for collectors, not people who will be boshing them in and out of sleeves and boxes often, being lugged around. If you come across a minter at the right price fair enough. Lots of rare classics come to surface for reasonable prices. For instance I paid for Ronnie & Robyn Sidra's theme W/D £30, Bobby Treetop Wait Till I Get Ta.. £30, Joannie Sommers Don't Pity Me £30 all found within the year and in the condition thats certainly playable.

Edited by soulmaguk
Social source share

Probably not Simsy, does the scan of the actual 45 look like a boot? anyway, no point paying silly money buying minters of rare recs in my opinion, minters are for collectors, not people who will be boshing them in and out of sleeves and boxes often, being lugged around. If you come across a minter at the right price fair enough. Lots of rare classics come to surface for reasonable prices. For instance I paid for Ronnie & Robyn Sidra's theme W/D £30, Bobby Treetop Wait Till I Get Ta.. £30, Joannie Sommers Don't Pity Me £30 all found within the year and in the condition thats certainly playable.

I dunno mag. Minters, schminters. It has to do with real or fake?

no point paying silly money buying minters of rare recs

:g:

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

Some arrive better than others Simsy. Gary haines not arrived yet, but really would not suspect it being a boot.

Sidra's Theme was a bargain;-

https://youtu.be/6V6qm5F5zOI

Joannie was just Ok:- https://minicasts.pod...1090592/2413569 now sold on.

bobby treetop was not so hot. plays alright for my mates in the house.

Edited by soulmaguk
Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

Many thanks for all information given on this. Really was a great help to me with this true classic.

Closed. Thanks again.

Social source share