Funk/modern List: The Summits, Lee Moses, Eddie Bo+

I'm doing these sales in sections, so next will be the Northern/RNB lists. Any order over $300 is free shipping, it's $6 to ship anywhere in the world otherwise. Payment as a gift through paypal. All records shipped securely in 45 mailers. SOUND CLIPS AND SCANS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST. IF YOU'RE UNSURE WHETHER A RECORD IS SUITABLE TO YOUR STANDARDS PLEASE, PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR A CLIP. Thanks for looking.

**** FUNK/MODERN/BOOGIE ****

The Summits - Sleepwalking/I'll Never Say No - DC International - (NM )- $250 - Absolutely blowing up everywhere. Two ridiculously amazing sides but Sleepwalking gets the award in my opinion.

Milton Floyd - Anyway I Can/I'm A Shadow - RJM - (VG+) (a couple marks that DNAP, labels clean) - $30 - Killer uptempo funk tune.

Spectrum - If You Wanna Party - Spectrum - (VG) (Labels some rips but are %80 in good shape, vinyl has some marks but plays clean with some minor noise. The flip plays with a little bit more noise but isn't too bad, it's actually a pretty decent deep-modern track) - $70 - Absolutely killer modern-funk tune out of Richmond, Virginia. This is meant to be played in the club at deafening levels.

The Banks Bros - Bring It All Back Home To Me/Instrumental - Consolidated - (VG+) (some ring-wear, and some light marks that DNAP) - $100 - Another modern sounding funk tune out of Richmond that was given away as a promo for Consolidated Bank.

The Torques - Bumpin/Mercy, Mercy - Lemco - (NM) - $75 - A totally respectable, even killer, funk instrumental from this blue-eyed group outta Kentucky. Great record

Pappys Haunted House - Dude/One More Time - (NM) - $75 SOLD! - Pretty killer psych-funk instrumental that is good for the dancefloor. Obscurity factor is a plus.

Wilbur Bascomb/The Three Reason - Just A Groove In G/Take Me Back - Carnival - (NM-) (damn near perfect) - $50 - Classic Brainfreeze sample, plus the flip deserves some attention in my opinion.

Brenda Devlin - Were You Ever Lonely/I Love You More Than Anything - Road Records - (VG+) (vinyl in superb shape, labels have very minor ring-wear) - $40 - Fairly obscure sister-funk two-sider, both sides absolutely rip and not too many people are hip to the record.

Eddie Bo & Inez Cheatham - Lover & A Friend/If I Had To Do it Over - Seven B - 9G) (Labels are a train-wreck but still recognizable, vinyl looks like someone ran some sandpiper over it BUT "Lover..." plays like a VG with almost no noise during the actual song. This has been my DJ copy for a long time but I recently upgraded. Perfect for DJING. If you want a clip of it just get in touch) - $40

The World Famous Mad Lads and The Crossfire Band - You Blew It/Trying To Forget About You - Express Records - (NM-) $75

Lee Moses - Bad Girl (Part 1)/Bad Girl (Part 2) - Musicor Records - (VG+, vinyl has some light marks plays clean. Vinyl has light ringwear and a promo hole punch) -$60 - Honestly I think this is one of his best releases, he really demonstrates his talent on both sides. GREAT production too, nice and raw with some heavy sounding drums.

Frank Williams & The Rocketeers/Little Beaver & The Rocketeers - Git It(To The Nitty Gritty)/I Feel My Love(Coming Down) - Octavia - VG - $75 - Great funky instrumental from Frank Williams and a decent Northern/RnBish number from Little Beaver on the flip.

The Bionic I - Time Waits For No One/Disco Claus - Kora Records (VG) - $80 - Pretty damn obscure modern synth-heavy boogie tracks, the Disco Claus song is actually really killer despite being a Christmas tune.

Lillian Hale - Don't Boom Boom/The Signs Were Wrong - Fretone - (VG+ vinyl has some scuffs that don't cut through. The record is really loud.) $30 SOLD -Absolutely dancefloor explosion with this franticly raw sister-funk tune.

The Vanguards - The Thought of Losing Your Love/It's To Late For Love - (VG) - $25 - Killer funk tune.

Soul Partners - Walk On Judge/Lose The One You Love - Holiday - (VG) - $20 - Classic funk instro on the original label.

Hindal Butts - In The Pocket/Welfare Cadillac - (VG+) - $30 - classic funk instrumental out of Detroit.

Freddy Scott - Got What I Need/Forever My Darling - Shout - (NM) - $30 - The song that everyone and their mother knows, even if they don't know that it's not a Biz Markie song. Classic, timeless, and works in any setting.

True Reflection - Beer Cans and Empty Hands /Silent Treatment - ATCO - (NM) - $20 - Really good ghetto funk tune that's perfect for a party scenario. I feel like this record should be getting more attention.

Dennis Lee & Notables - Funky Penguin/Sunday Afternoon - Jenmark - (VG-, labels have ring-wear and are pretty beat. Vinyl has a lot of marks but plays VG with some noise that is drowned out by the music for the most part. Works for DJing) - $25 - KILLER deep funk track out of Baton Rouge, tons of wah-wah and snappy drums. The flip is a real nice mid-tempo crossover tune as well. Love, love, love this record.

Dean Francis and The Soul Rockers - Funky Disposition/Tippin' - Hillside - VG (some light wear on the labels, some marks on the vinyl but both sides play acceptable clean with little noise/pops) - $125 SOLD! Gaining popularity but I'm not sure for which side, BOTH are killer!

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!