2 Rares Ones For Offers : Edwin Starr 'scott's On Swingers' & Carl Douglas 'serving A Sentence Of Life''

loosejoints

Taking sensible offers on the following;

Edwin Starr - Scott's On Swingers (Ric-Tic) - NOW SOLD - Thanks for all the interest. Still taking offers on Carl Douglas below

The rare 1 sided version on white Ric Tic promo RT-109X. This copy has surface marks and looks about VG but plays EX with nice solid loud sound. The other side in blank without a label from the hen's teeth 50 copy run as confirmed by Manship

SOS2.jpgSOS3.jpg

NOW SOLD - Thanks for all the interest. Still taking offers on Carl Douglas below

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carl Douglas - Nobody Cries / Serving A Sentence of Life (United Artists)

Perfect Stock Issue Copy (most are green demos,this is the black United Artists UP 1206), played only twice and comes with original sleeve. You will NOT find a better copy anywhere. (note any marks visible on the vinyl are static attracted dust only)

Carl1.jpg

PM me with questions and offers

Thanks for looking

ps - I'm not a prolific poster so I'm happy to supply other forum members who can vouch for me if required :)

thanks for looking

Craig

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit to say, I'd rather do a straight sale on this than pit people against one another in a drawn out auction style. I've spent quite a lot on these records so looking to get that back so using Manship guide prices as, well, a guide so something approaching those would be good, hope this helps anyone who's thinking of having a pop at them, thanks Craig

Edited by loosejoints
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Taking sensible offers on the following;

Edwin Starr - Scott's On Swingers (Ric-Tic) - NOW SOLD - Thanks for all the interest. Still taking offers on Carl Douglas below

The rare 1 sided version on white Ric Tic promo RT-109X. This copy has surface marks and looks about VG but plays EX with nice solid loud sound. The other side in blank without a label from the hen's teeth 50 copy run as confirmed by Manship

SOS2.jpgSOS3.jpg

NOW SOLD - Thanks for all the interest. Still taking offers on Carl Douglas below

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carl Douglas - Nobody Cries / Serving A Sentence of Life (United Artists)

Perfect Stock Issue Copy (most are green demos,this is the black United Artists UP 1206), played only twice and comes with original sleeve. You will NOT find a better copy anywhere. (note any marks visible on the vinyl are static attracted dust only)

Carl1.jpg

PM me with questions and offers

Thanks for looking

ps - I'm not a prolific poster so I'm happy to supply other forum members who can vouch for me if required :)

thanks for looking

Craig

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit to say, I'd rather do a straight sale on this than pit people against one another in a drawn out auction style. I've spent quite a lot on these records so looking to get that back so using Manship guide prices as, well, a guide so something approaching those would be good, hope this helps anyone who's thinking of having a pop at them, thanks Craig

:hatsoff2: HI CRAIG I WAS SURE I RESPONDED TO THIS ADVERT? AS I COLLECT RARE UK, AND I HAVE A DEMO, YOU MAKE REFERENCE TO JOHNS UK PRICE GUIDE, WHICH HE STATES HE SOLD 1 COPY FOR £358, BUT THE GUIDE MAKES NO REFERENCE TO WHAT YEAR? THIS IS VERY MISLEADING AS WE ALL NO JOHN IS A DEALER, AND COMMON KNOWLEDGE TELLS US HE WOULD NEVER PAY THAT FOR THE RECORD, ALSO ON THE SURFACE ALL AUCTION ITEMS ARE NORMALLY HAD VERY LIMITED DECK PLAY? AND FINALLY MOST ITEMS ARE NOT HIS AS SUCH, THE ARE JUST BEING SOLD BY HIS COMPANY,IT'S ALL PART OF HIS BUSINESS PLAN, SO HE SHOULD NOT PUT THESE 1 OFF SALES IN HIS GUIDE?

I remember a UK cop of BOBBY HUTTON / WILLIE HUTCH on ABC fetching £150 on Ebay about 6 years ago, the record is worth £10, or £5 if you are a record dealer?

pm me if you want to sell it with what you would like for it, and nonegotiationswill beBegin :g: DAVE

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!