Irish League Club - Nelson/lancashire

Guest Nick Harrison

Guest Nick Harrison

Cracking little club in it's day, sited between terraced house's on a sloping Lancashire street on the outskirts of the town of Nelson - (Colne/Skipton old road). Selected friday nites upstairs with Gary Parker at the helm and even Pat Braby jocking back in the day. 1977 - 1978 ? anyone :D .

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Nick Harrison

Yep,

........ inc Guy and Pete. Happy Days! :thumbsup:

Regards,

Dave

Indeed Dave - Hickson and Hennigan - great duo and including Barry Waddington. I know this thread is about The Irish League - but what about sunday nite's at Thornton Manor along the A59 turn off into Barlick from Earby and Skipton. First time I meet that giant David Thomas..................... :lol: and barbs :rofl: .

Social source share

Sunday Nights around 78 were spent in Burnley at The Concorde for our lot. I saw Dave at the Burnley Allnighter and Guy's 50th a few years ago but ain't seen him since. He still around or gone back to 'lurking?'

Thread has reminded me of some of the records we brought back to Burnley around then:

Sam Williams

Frank Dell

Flame N King

Don Varner

Patti Labelle

Plus loads more. Happy days indeed! :thumbsup:

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

................. still around or gone back to 'lurking?'

Thread has reminded me of some of the records we brought back to Burnley around then:

Sam Williams

Frank Dell

Flame N King

Don Varner

Patti Labelle

Plus loads more. Happy days indeed! :thumbsup:

Regards,

Dave

Too quote Flame and King and his Bold One's - "Oh Happy Day" indeedie !!!!!! Spoke with Dave "Jolly" in Barlick during the summer (2011) still around doing a more serious form of "lurking" ? David was ranting about the increasing growth of the new Punk Rock movement "down Burnley town". :lol: :lol: . Correct me if I'm wrong ......but did you ever source a copy of Bill Merriwheather on Fee entitled - "That's Love" some years back :g: .Yes/No. And is Julie Moore on here your little sister? seem to recall a Julie Moore from Burnley who had 2 big bad brother's back in the day, friends of Jackie Green. :shhh: .

Cheers

Nikolas :thumbsup: .

Social source share

Guest veep1296

Nick

Julie is indeed Dave's "little" sister. Kevin Moore on here is also one of Dave's younger brothers & his wife Imogen is on SS too ....Mick is the other brother you refer to.....

There are a couple more too..... The RC church has a lot to answer for !

There was also another Julie Moore a slip of a lass called surprisingly "Little Julie Moore"...she used to knock around with my wife Janet, Anita Wilkes, Diane Webb etc all Burnley girls..

Hope you didn't mind me interjecting DM !

Regards

David Ferguson in a wet & miserable Burnley

Too quote Flame and King and his Bold One's - "Oh Happy Day" indeedie !!!!!! Spoke with Dave "Jolly" in Barlick during the summer (2011) still around doing a more serious form of "lurking" ? David was ranting about the increasing growth of the new Punk Rock movement "down Burnley town". :lol: :lol: . Correct me if I'm wrong ......but did you ever source a copy of Bill Merriwheather on Fee entitled - "That's Love" some years back :g: .Yes/No. And is Julie Moore on here your little sister? seem to recall a Julie Moore from Burnley who had 2 big bad brother's back in the day, friends of Jackie Green. :shhh: .

Cheers

Nikolas :thumbsup: .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!