Walt Jessup And The Primettes - What's The Story?

boba

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with this record? When is it from? It's not the supremes primettes is it? If so, is it old recordings someone found and pressed in the 70s or something? Or is it totally unrelated and if so what's the background of the recording? thanks in advance for any info.

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

thanks ken! I actually had seen that clip and noticed it said "early supremes" in the description which is sort of what prompted my post. Thanks for any info.

I always thought it was but not bothered if it isn't i still like it Boba.

Social source share

I always thought it was but not bothered if it isn't i still like it Boba.

it definitely doesn't look like an early 60s 45 though. i am interested in finding out what the deal is with the 45 if it is the supremes or finding out any other info if it isn't. thanks.

Social source share

I suppose it is possible it is the Supremes. Soul Harmony Singles whilst incorrect all too often has them down on backing on several releases prior to this one. It has this listed after the Lupine release and immediately before their first 1961 Tamla release.

part of the reason I'm asking, besides my own interest, is to correct the soul harmony singles listing. it's at least not from early 60s by the look of it and it's on a new york label

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!