soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 22
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

looks like a normal vinyl test pressing to me dave not so much an acetate...should have the same vinyl as a regular issue with the machine stamp in run out with white label and hand written credits

dave

I think what Dave is saying is that the Demo doesnt exist, I have a spider pushout centre version of INV501 theres another on FleaBay at the moment at 99p , I didn't think a demo of INV502 existed but now I have 2 copies of that and one Mint :)

Thanks for the comments I'm still looking

Neil

Social source share

looks like a normal vinyl test pressing to me dave not so much an acetate...should have the same vinyl as a regular issue with the machine stamp in run out with white label and hand written credits

dave

HI YOU ARE TALKING CRAP IF THATS THE CASE I WILL BUY ALL YOUR COMMON UK WHITE LABELS FOR THAT PRICE PLEASE SHOW ME EVIDENCE, AND A DEMO COPY OF 501??? :) DAVE

Social source share

HI YOU ARE TALKING CRAP IF THATS THE CASE I WILL BUY ALL YOUR COMMON UK WHITE LABELS FOR THAT PRICE PLEASE SHOW ME EVIDENCE, AND A DEMO COPY OF 501??? :) DAVE

what you on about ....all i am saying is the above copy is the UK test pressing on VINYL... its not an acetate FFS anybody who really knows me know i dont talk crap

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Dave is saying he sold the acestate last year, Not the pictured test press, Pete Smith had a acetate of 501 for sale 11 years ago I have one also, Hope that clears it up. I have never seen a demo copy of 501

Same here, I collect UK Invictus and Hot wax etc and I've never seen a demo copy of INV 501.

I wouldn't mind a test presing.

Paul

Social source share

I have a lot of duplicates even on the Demo's do you have any to trade ? Paul

Hello,

When I checked the list I'm actually missing a couple of UK Invictus issues and one Hot Wax. And I only have about 16 INV promos (out of 33?) and 12 HWX promos out of 20.

I'll physically check what I actually have and what I need because I'm looking at an old excel document. I'll have some duplicates but I don't know if there's anything special.

I'm the same with Contempo, Mojo, Stax, Brunswick (Decca series) etc. I have most issues, sometimes all, and many promos. It would be nice for soulsource members to share info and trade duplicates. Maybe we need a thread for this?

If I'm not mistaken I have some INV or HWX promos with the same catalogue numbers but different release dates. No doubt some titles were deleted and issued again?

I really like UK issues because that's what I mostly bought when I was a teenager. In recent years I've renewed my interest and I'm always looking for fresh copies and promo versions etc. It's addictive.

Best wishes,

Paul

Social source share

Same here, Youre taking about Hot Wax they issued demo's twice some had a Big A and some a small A with different dates, I dont know why either, Never seen any Invictus that way however I have got some with the wrong labels mixed different groups but just on the CBS releases, Also Dave has a few with nothing printed on the label at all :)

Let me know I have a spreadshhet also

Oh Yeah INV502 and INV533 However Gold Forever turned into Ardmore and Beechwood for some reason ???

Neil

Edited by Brimbo
Social source share

Same here, Youre taking about Hot Wax they issued demo's twice some had a Big A and some a small A with different dates, I dont know why either, Never seen any Invictus that way however I have got some with the wrong labels mixed different groups but just on the CBS releases, Also Dave has a few with nothing printed on the label at all :)

Let me know I have a spreadshhet also

Neil

Hello Neil,

I just checked HWX and I have all the issues (20) but only 10 promos - I thought I had more.

I also have variations such as copies of HWX 101 on the first black / white label and also on the later black / silver label (I think I have another issue in that variations) and I have HWX 102 on black / white and multi-coloured heading labels.

I don't have any HWX blank labels or test pressings.

I haven't checked duplicates yet (probably nothing special) but I'll make a list of the HWX promos I need.

Then I'll do the same with INV.

Paul

Social source share

...Oh Yeah INV502 and INV533 However Gold Forever turned into Ardmore and Beechwood for some reason ???

Neil

Hello

My copy of INV 502 has the publisher credited to Gold Forever Music Inc (the American publisher) but I assume later pressings credited the UK sub-publisher Ardmore & Beechwood Ltd (which was an EMI subsidiary).

Records are often issued before a UK publisher has obtained rights so the credits were often to the US publishers or Copyright Control. UK publishers often pick up overseas rights after the record has become successful. For example, early UK Stax (Polydor) issues of 'I've Been Lonely For So Long' by Frederick Knight credited East Memphis as the publisher and later pressings credited Lowery/Chappell...

...only very sad people will notice these things (so I'm told).

:shhh:

My issue copy of INV 533 (the 1973 reissue of INV 502) credits the UK sub-publisher Ardmore & Beechwood. By the way, I seem to see more promos than issues of INV 533; it was reportedly withdrawn when EMI's license was due to expire.

Paul

Social source share

Yeah it was released by EMI after the rights had been transfered to CBS and then withdrawn I must play it to see if the 533 release was stereo. There isnt many Invictus releases I dont have on Demo. But 501 eludes me Daves white label gets closest. I have the whole catalogue of HW.

I need These on Demo

512 513 516 Hanging on to a memory 518 519 520 531

Social source share

INV 521 8th Day "Eeny meeny" was issued twice 0n 30/06/72 and again on 05/01/73.

Hello Paul,

I noticed before I almost traded one as a duplicate, I have promo copies of the first and second issues of INV 521.

I'm sure other titles had more than one release using the same catalogue number, as we already discussed for Hot Wax.

Three of EMI's Invictus singles were unissued (INV 503, INV 508 and INV 517) so I've worked out that I have the full set - including the withdrawn INV 533.

But I only have about 50% of them on promos so there are plenty to look out for. Hopefully we can all trade some duplicates.

...and I can try to stop buying records on eBay that I already have!

:facepalm:

Paul

Edited by Paul
Social source share

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello Neil,

I also have variations such as copies of HWX 101 on the first black / white label and also on the later black / silver label (I think I have another issue in that variations) and I have HWX 102 on black / white and multi-coloured heading labels.

hot wax 102 black/white and multi-coloured.......... multi coloured? can you explain further thanks

Social source share