Vinyl Carvers To Be Sold

'After almost nine very successful and fulfilling years, new challenges are waiting - so we've decided to sell VinylCarvers.

The sale is not finalized yet, but it's likely to happen within the coming 1-2 months.

(i.e. if you know someone interested in taking over - we're still open for offers)

This is your last chance to order from us.

We have no exact timeframe yet but will try our best to fulfil your orders for xmas and new years eve.

It will be on a first come first serve basis, please keep that in mind.

Werner is increasingly busy as a producer again and we simply don't have enough time anymore.

We would like to thank you so much for your business and support over the years - we will miss you!

Tina and Werner'

Just received this email from Vinyl Carvers - love em or hate em Vinyl Carvers gave a great service & product & even gave us a NS buzzword with Carvers'.

Good luck to Tina & Werner in thier new projects.

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I am suprised no else has passed comment on this. I think the 'Carvers' were actually only a small part of a bigger pressing organisation, but I'm not sure entirley.

Best Russ

No it was just two people, they had their own recording studio facilities where they did production and record cutting mainly for the dance scene.

Social source share

I've heard Pete Smith, Dave Rimmer and Cliff Steele have got together and buying this lol (see boot thread and you might see the funny side of this lol)

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

I'd love to own something like that, I could sell all of my original records and replace them with copies.

Social source share

It was a side project to his producing side of the business, I suppose to boost income. Now it looks like he doesn't have time with producing responsibilities on the rise. Plus there are now others that do it and in some cases better quality, especially on acetate.

You could buy one of the cutting machines from Vestax when they first came out, they were around £7k. Discs were something like a few pence each.

Social source share

I'd love to own something like that, I could sell all of my original records and replace them with copies.

You could get a load of carvers of The Vondells, and give them out as Xmas presents to Soul Source members :lol:

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

You could get a load of carvers of The Vondells, and give them out as Xmas presents to Soul Source members :lol:

No Need the Vondells have just been reissued .

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Has it? Not seen one yet. Love that record.

Yes Pete I think it's available in the next week or so regards Simon.

Was more a comment about a post on the "is it ever alright to play a boot" thread :)

No probs man .regards ect.

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Will it be on the AirTown 2011 logo?

TOTP

Yes mate as far as I'm told although they'll probably be on the net befor I get a glance at them out and about regards ect.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!