2011 Best Ebay Buys Of The Year, So Far?

dthedrug

:hatsoff2: HI ALL It's that timeout the year, when people start saying only 10 Weeks to Christmas! or Record Collector's Magazine reminding you of the closing date for listings for March 2012 should be in by the 21st October (this is a FICTITIOUS made up by me to make a point that most would only use 10 words).

What we are looking for is your best Ebay buys of the year, it's got to be a genuine hard find that Will impress others to be at least a bit envious of your god fortune, we are not looking at jealousness as that is a complete negative vibe and can lead to people getting hurt, As we have lost the Windies in put SKA JA R&B/SOUL, REGGAE I WILL KICK OF WITH A RECORD THAT I PAID £4.99 FOR, THIS WEEK, IT'S A WELL WICKED STEAL, AND ONE OF THE HARDEST CLASSICS TO FIND ON THE UK TROJAN LABEL, JIMMY CLIFF, VIETNAM PRE RELEASE PIC COVER,

The pictures say a 1000 words, so I look forward to seeing your entries?? :wicked: Dave

post-13241-0-87562500-1318286597_thumb.jpost-13241-0-46793400-1318286639_thumb.jpost-13241-0-38317200-1318286665_thumb.jpost-13241-0-75022300-1318286684.jpgpost-13241-0-32870900-1318286714_thumb.jpost-13241-0-07643700-1318286740_thumb.j

Social source share

Bobby Williams - I've only got myself to blame

Ruby - Feminine Ingenuity (Take 6)

less than $30 each, both in nice shape.

I've bought other records for less than half market value but these are percentage wise the best

Edited by George G
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Just a few i can remember all ebay UK,

Parliaments - Hearttrouble demo M- £110

Lollipops -Loving Good Feeling WD VG++ £30

Gayle Garnett - I'll Cry Alone UK RCA Demo M- £30ish

Roy Hamilton - Crackin Up RCA Issue M- £30

Loads of other decent stuff for a couple of bob but cant remember 'em :(

Social source share

I do not buy off ebay much but can I offer this? Value Village is a chain of department store size charity shops across Canada offering employment to people who need a helping hand. They all have records and on Saturday I made a trip around 3 of them and got the following, not all Soul but all shops have the same price, 99c for 45's, $1.99 for albums:

Marshall & The Chilites - Price Of Love - Dakar

September Jones - Im Coming Home - Kapp promo - !!!!!!!!!

The Zephyrs - Theres Something About You - Rotate

The Cherry Slush - I Cannot Stop You - USA

James Bryant - Hey There You Girl - Renee - vg- only

The Man Who Hears A Different Drummer - Bravura??? Who Is this?

1 album - Wanda Robinson - Black Ivory - Perception

Social source share

I do not buy off ebay much but can I offer this? Value Village is a chain of department store size charity shops across Canada offering employment to people who need a helping hand. They all have records and on Saturday I made a trip around 3 of them and got the following, not all Soul but all shops have the same price, 99c for 45's, $1.99 for albums:

This was a promotional record for Bravura cologne. I remember seeing TV ads for it, the tag line was "for the man who hears a different drummer". It came with a color pic sleeve. I don't think you'll get your 99 cents back in resale......

Edited by George G
Social source share

sorry, double post

Edited by George G
Social source share

sorry, double post

Edited by George G
Social source share

This was a promotional record for Bravura cologne. I remember seeing TV ads for it, the tag line was "for the man who hears a different drummer". It came with a color pic sleeve. I don't think you'll get your 99 cents back in resale......

I think you might be right now I have played it. It is on You Tube for the more curious amongst you

Social source share

Slightly different but..

Annisteen Allen Take A chance On Me $70, not a super deal but i wanted it so bad i bid near four times the price, huge sigh of relief when those last seconds ticked away !

Social source share

hi keys- @ £60 but that was last Xmas, the run up to christmas seems to be fruitful for bargains

Just a few i can remember all ebay UK,

Parliaments - Hearttrouble demo M- £110

Lollipops -Loving Good Feeling WD VG++ £30

Gayle Garnett - I'll Cry Alone UK RCA Demo M- £30ish

Roy Hamilton - Crackin Up RCA Issue M- £30

Loads of other decent stuff for a couple of bob but cant remember 'em :(

I got a lollipops cheap too.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!