Emeralds On Vick

George G

• Replies 26
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Perception

I had never heard it until this week, sounded excellent to me.

Could it be something we don't get much of these days, a 60's newie?!

Social source share

what else is on the label? isnt the kittens on vick?

yes it's the same label. there are a few more random releases on vick. bob lee owned it, along with jerhart, hawk, toi, big 3, sta-set, etc. there are apparently two different presses of the emeralds that look the same but are different versions.

Social source share

i'm pretty sure there's no connection. this group did have connections to the magnificents on dee gee and the disco group masheen co.

true. re price...thats what you get when theres some buzz about a 45 on here before auction has fnished and two bidders end up bidding themselves up to their reserve. sth tells me you will be able to hear the record at the upcoming big line up scotland and nürnberg weekenders in a nighter context...

Social source share

Brilliant both sides !

had one long time ago ,not many people new it , got rid for £150.00 quid, what a mistake will regret for long as live.

Social source share

had one long time ago ,not many people new it , got rid for £150.00 quid, what a mistake will regret for long as live.

Unlucky it's happened to us all at some point,the drumming on the second side ace !! added to my wish i could afford list :D

Social source share

yes it's the same label. there are a few more random releases on vick. bob lee owned it, along with jerhart, hawk, toi, big 3, sta-set, etc. there are apparently two different presses of the emeralds that look the same but are different versions.

I wonder if Leo Austell co-owned Vick and Sta-Set along with Lee, as his own Lamaja Music was involved in virtually every record I have on those labels, including The Emeralds on Vick. Austell was also co-producer with Lee on The Emeralds' record.

Social source share

i'm pretty sure there's no connection. this group did have connections to the magnificents on dee gee and the disco group masheen co.

I thought The Magnificents on Dee Gee was an L.A. record, as it was produced by H.B. Barnum for Jobete Music L.A. office, with Frank Wilson and Marc Gordon writing it. Were those the Chicago Magnificents? Did they move to L.A. with Magnificent Montague, when he came to L.A. to be a DJ on KGFJ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!